Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

eddie mays barmy army

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:46 pm

loved eddie may what a character
often you would see him screaming and shouting on the line and a few times arguing or having stand offs with the team in the opposing dugout :lol: :ayatollah:
i also think he genuinly loved the fans :ayatollah:

WHATS HIS NAME EDDIE MAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: eddie mays barmy army

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Eddie May :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:26 pm

eddie eddie eddie may :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Loved Eddie and when Eddie Mays Barmy Army went round Ninian Park it was rocking.
I remember going to Crewe some time in the ealy 90's 91 or 92 I think and a fair few of us not being allowed in - may have needed ticket (don't know why tho cos it was after the away ban got to have tickets days). Anyway Eddie comes out of the ground in his leather coat with wads of complimentary tickets like some black market spiv and starts dishing them out to the horror of the local OB and officials. What a rapport. Told me to behave myself. Still got the ticket stub somewhere.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:08 pm

phil stant said in his bookthat eddie was the ONLYmanager he was scared of . he said his veins would be popping out of his head and neck.
thats what we need. cant see jones like that

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:17 pm

jinks-rct wrote:loved eddie may what a character
often you would see him screaming and shouting on the line and a few times arguing or having stand offs with the team in the opposing dugout :lol: :ayatollah:

In 93, when we won at Wrexham, 4000 of us kept in after the game, singing 'We want Eddie May', out he comes with Rick Wright onto the pitch towards us.....now that was a Promotion Season, wish it felt like that now for this current lot, but it just don't.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:loved eddie may what a character

In 93, when we won at Wrexham, 4000 of us kept in after the game, singing 'We want Eddie May', out he comes with Rick Wright onto the pitch towards us.....now that was a Promotion Season, wish it felt like that now for this current lot, but it just don't.

every player was willing to fight for the team unlike some of these poofs we got now and a boring passionless gimp called dave jones