Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HAVE I FOUND SOMETHING IN ATTIC

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:42 pm

i just found a cap with "CFC 1906/07" in our attic. my missus said her great grandad was named frederick williams.
. no family members know what sport it is. her mum thought it was cardiff and i said no.
i think they were still riverside then and surely it would have been ccafc if they werent.
anyone got any ideas where the eff that cap come from??? anyone got the a-z of city players to double check.

Re: HAVE I FOUND SOMETHING IN ATTIC

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Post up a photo of it

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Cant' find anything earlier than season 1910/11. No mention ot that name.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:57 pm

nugent wrote:i just found a cap with "CFC 1906/07" in our attic. my missus said her great grandad was named frederick williams.
. no family members know what sport it is. her mum thought it was cardiff and i said no.
i think they were still riverside then and surely it would have been ccafc if they werent.
anyone got any ideas where the eff that cap come from??? anyone got the a-z of city players to double check.

I found a frederick williams who played for chelsea, joined them October 1907 but I cant post it on here. Type 'frederick williams cfc 1906-07' into google and its the PDF at the bottom of the screen called Rouse Frederick williams. Says he was born in Cranford, Middlesex and died in Windsor :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:57 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Post up a photo of it

i aint got the computer knowhow. lol it literally is royal blue with those letters sewn in in block capitals.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:00 pm

I found a frederick williams who played for chelsea, joined them October 1907 but I cant post it on here. Type 'frederick williams cfc 1906-07' into google and its the PDF at the bottom of the screen called Rouse Frederick williams. Says he was born in Cranford, Middlesex and died in Windsor :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

cheers mate he was a barry bloke.tho

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:01 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Cant' find anything earlier than season 1910/11. No mention ot that name.

cheers butt

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:02 pm

nugent wrote:I found a frederick williams who played for chelsea, joined them October 1907 but I cant post it on here. Type 'frederick williams cfc 1906-07' into google and its the PDF at the bottom of the screen called Rouse Frederick williams. Says he was born in Cranford, Middlesex and died in Windsor :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

cheers mate he was a barry bloke.tho[/quote]

Suppose federick williams was quite a common name back then. Good luck fella