Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tactics withouth Chopra

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Now that we have Chopra out for what could be a considerable length of time I think it's time to revert back to the formation that did us so well at the start of the year. Any thoughts?

Any GK

Quinn----------Keinan----------Hudson----------McNaughton

--------------------------Olifinjana-----------------------------

-------------------McPhail----------Whittingham--------------

Burke/JET-------------------------------------------Bellamy

--------------------------Bothroyd-------------------------------

Re: Tactics withouth Chopra

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Spot on imo...this should have been the formation used anyway with Chops up front and Bothroyd either staying in the wide areas where he hangs around anyways or in the bench - Jay doesnt have the movement Chops has

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:21 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:Now that we have Chopra out for what could be a considerable length of time I think it's time to revert back to the formation that did us so well at the start of the year. Any thoughts?

Any GK

Quinn----------Keinan----------Hudson----------McNaughton

--------------------------Olifinjana-----------------------------

-------------------McPhail----------Whittingham--------------

Burke/JET-------------------------------------------Bellamy

--------------------------Bothroyd-------------------------------

this should have been the team all season anyway, we look more like a unit and have some shape! Chopra getting injured could be the best thing that has happened to us in a weird way! However, Jones will probably do something mental and play Rae up front!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Agree, even though I rate Chops I think this is our best formation. The wideman have more freedom no need to do as much tracking back.

It walked for us at the beginning of the season, when Chops was injured then, I think we won 4 or 5 in a row.

But as you said, DJ will probably do something stupid and fcuk it up.