Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Is it the right time? "

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Is now the right time, to not necessarily appoint a new manager, but remove the current manager if indeed the assessment is that he is the obstruction to results, and the culture he has monopolised and built throughout his unrivalled tenure is now the direct & definitive reason for our poor form.

Poor results we can and should to a degree accept, however poor runs and form at such a vital stage with the squad he has at his disposal is unforgiving - and football is an unforgiving environment where countless examples to back this up most weeks including the decision today to relieve Aidy Boothroyd of his responsibilities at the Ricoh.

Coventry are tackling problems of a nature in stark contrast to ours but the principles remain the same. Coventry need poimts to safeguard their future plans and ultimately poor form has cost him his job - a brave decision taken at this stage and one that may back fire, also when considering he was only in the role 9 months and the reaction from the Coventry community is one of sympathy for Boothroyd as they feel he wasnt given enough time.

This mentality doesnt hold up when assessing our situation imo...DJ has been given the time, the tools and free rein to manage the club how he wants. However we still find ourselves seemingly heading towards the same conclusion as DJs history would suggest - a fall at the last hurdle.

Question is do the Malaysians have a brave decision to make? Do we need to galvanise the squad with 9 games left to prevent the historical end of season failure? Is Terry the man to take us over the line?

I do now believe the Malaysians need to be brave, because its just too painful to watch it slipping away as imo it inevitably will without removal of the problem that is obstructing our star studded squad (at this level) playing to their potential. The club continues to call for us to pull together for the run in, however imo this is impossible whilst DJ is in charge - he has instilled the arrogant non appreciative culture towards the customers of our club - us the fans.

I will still support the club if he remains, always will, but this is the first time i genuinely believe we're now better of without him...sorry to say.

Re: Is it the right time?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:46 pm

MILLWALL SAT BOI?? ILL SORT THE TICKETS OUT!!!!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Beasty1988 wrote:MILLWALL SAT BOI?? ILL SORT THE TICKETS OUT!!!!

Now is probably not the right time to ask me considering ive been off work for a week, missed yesterdays game due to illness, and ive just started a 5 day course of anti biotics to sort out the swelling/ infection on my face and allow me to open my jaw properly...you might want to ask me in a couple of days! Ha

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:21 pm

WELL THAY REKON THAY WILL ONLY HAVE TICKETS UP TILL THURSDAY SO IM GONA PROB JST GET 1 EN I DEF WANA GO THIS I SHOULD B FUN BOI

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:24 pm

There is never a right time to get a new manager but lets be honest, Dave Jones has no future at our club.Even if we managed to gain promotion this year,his inability to change tactics and come from behind is already being cruelly exposed at Championship level so what do you think would happen in the Premiership ? To bring in a new manager at this stage may be counterproductive but our best solution would be to let Jones go now and see if the current coaching staff and the players can do it for themselves as I am sure the fans would have no trouble in fully supporting them. If we then managed to gain promotion, I am sure that we would have no trouble attracting a real quality manager given our facilities and financial backing.The biggest problem we face is that we need to act now but I doubt whether the chairman is being properly advised in order for this to happen.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:26 pm

NO

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:There is never a right time to get a new manager but lets be honest, Dave Jones has no future at our club.Even if we managed to gain promotion this year,his inability to change tactics and come from behind is already being cruelly exposed at Championship level so what do you think would happen in the Premiership ? To bring in a new manager at this stage may be counterproductive but our best solution would be to let Jones go now and see if the current coaching staff and the players can do it for themselves as I am sure the fans would have no trouble in fully supporting them. If we then managed to gain promotion, I am sure that we would have no trouble attracting a real quality manager given our facilities and financial backing.The biggest problem we face is that we need to act now but I doubt whether the chairman is being properly advised in order for this to happen.

My thoughts exactly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Beasty1988 wrote:WELL THAY REKON THAY WILL ONLY HAVE TICKETS UP TILL THURSDAY SO IM GONA PROB JST GET 1 EN I DEF WANA GO THIS I SHOULD B FUN BOI

Up to you butt, i havent really got the money either plus i dont really feel like getting rect up this weekend - i need to make sure i get over what i got because the following week we got Wales v England then the stags...p.s turn the caps lock off will you :lol:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:10 pm

JonScam wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:There is never a right time to get a new manager but lets be honest, Dave Jones has no future at our club.Even if we managed to gain promotion this year,his inability to change tactics and come from behind is already being cruelly exposed at Championship level so what do you think would happen in the Premiership ? To bring in a new manager at this stage may be counterproductive but our best solution would be to let Jones go now and see if the current coaching staff and the players can do it for themselves as I am sure the fans would have no trouble in fully supporting them. If we then managed to gain promotion, I am sure that we would have no trouble attracting a real quality manager given our facilities and financial backing.The biggest problem we face is that we need to act now but I doubt whether the chairman is being properly advised in order for this to happen.

My thoughts exactly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mine to :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Personally I would remove him now, he has once again lost the dressing room and is crumbling under any kind of pressure.
I would appoint Terry Burton to the end of the season, I believe he could do no worse and the players have a lot of Respect For Burton and would Rally around him and I believe we could def get there under him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Personally I would remove him now, he has once again lost the dressing room and is crumbling under any kind of pressure.
I would appoint Terry Burton to the end of the season, I believe he could do no worse and the players have a lot of Respect For Burton and would Rally around him and I believe we could def get there under him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We're defo not alone in thinking this...only way forward for me now - I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong mind. Although i don't really want DJ leading us in the Prem if we go up anyways tbh :ayatollah:

Re: " Is it the right time? "

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:29 pm

this is something ive been pondering and ive come to the conclusion we need to be bold, sack DJ and get a new man in asap. We know his track record at end of seasons, and in big games is appauling and recent results, and performances, show that it is happening again! A new man would galvanize the place, the players would have to pull their fingers out and fight to earn their places in the side, and at the club. Look at what Dalglish has done at Liverpool! We need a feel good factor at the club and with Jones all we are getting is doom and gloom and moving steadily towards oblivion! Fortune favours the brave!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:33 pm

From Facebook

Anthony Chiplin
Would agree there jones lacking in passion for the club and the fight to go up have lost my patience over last few months yeah we have had some good results but lot bad 1s i will b at millwall hope we get a win but if we dont and results go against us he surely runnin out of time
20 seconds ago · Unlike · 1 person

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:35 pm

What a fickle bunch of idiots you really are ! Nearly as bad as the guy sat behind me who i was close to knocking out yesterday. Booing players after 2 mins. Really did my nut in.(yes people are entitled to do what they want, but after 2 mins ?)
Dave Jones has improved us as a club every year he has been here and you boys still want rid of him. We are 1 point off automatic promotion with 27 points left to play for ffs. Expectations really have grown recently, but getting on the managers back is the last thing we want.If we go 9 games unbeaten YOU are the same fans who will be cheering his name loud at the end of the season.
And Annis i believe you have allways had a personal vendetta against Jones and are desperate to get your mate Sam back into the club just so you can be back in the "inner circle" , when the man took us to nearly never having a club to support

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:36 pm

He wont get sacked, but if he gets sacked, that would do wonders...any guy who was any motivational speaking abilities couldve won Championship with our squad

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:36 pm

JonScam wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Personally I would remove him now, he has once again lost the dressing room and is crumbling under any kind of pressure.

We're defo not alone in thinking this...only way forward for me now - I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong mind. Although i don't really want DJ leading us in the Prem if we go up anyways tbh :ayatollah:

Jon,

In my opinion his future does not lie with Cardiff City no matter what happens this season.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:this is something ive been pondering and ive come to the conclusion we need to be bold, sack DJ and get a new man in asap. We know his track record at end of seasons, and in big games is appauling and recent results, and performances, show that it is happening again! A new man would galvanize the place, the players would have to pull their fingers out and fight to earn their places in the side, and at the club. Look at what Dalglish has done at Liverpool! We need a feel good factor at the club and with Jones all we are getting is doom and gloom and moving steadily towards oblivion! Fortune favours the brave!

Feel good factor is defo the aspect thats missing, the shackles need releasing and our talent needs the opportunity to fulfil their collective potential whilst playing for a manager that actually inspires and has an infectious enthusiasm.

Looking from the outside in ( and i appreciate I could be wrong with this) DJ just has no morale boosting or inspiring qualities at all...he almost looks bored half the time. That for me is the root cause and needs to be removed ASAP.

Although I would let Terry lead us to the Prem and hold off getting anyone else in until the summer :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:11 pm

GarethGardner wrote:What a fickle bunch of idiots you really are ! Nearly as bad as the guy sat behind me who i was close to knocking out yesterday. Booing players after 2 mins. Really did my nut in.(yes people are entitled to do what they want, but after 2 mins ?)
Dave Jones has improved us as a club every year he has been here and you boys still want rid of him. We are 1 point off automatic promotion with 27 points left to play for ffs. Expectations really have grown recently, but getting on the managers back is the last thing we want.If we go 9 games unbeaten YOU are the same fans who will be cheering his name loud at the end of the season.
And Annis i believe you have allways had a personal vendetta against Jones and are desperate to get your mate Sam back into the club just so you can be back in the "inner circle" , when the man took us to nearly never having a club to support

Chill out butt, i certainly aint fickle as I've up until this point maintained my dislike for DJ as a bloke and the relationship hes engineered with the fans, but have always supported him for his achievements with the team. However as stated in my post i now feel for the first time we'd be better off without him as i do not believe he has the polished skillbase to combat the issues at hand - simple as. An i certainly aint an idiot for voicing my opinion, one that i would only voice withon this environment and not in the stadium on match day. Hows about you jump down from that high horse fellow Bluebird ;)

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:27 pm

luv this!!

u lot r crazy the guy is shit and not really worth a wank,

he has no passion 4 this club and the palyers have non 4 him

time 2 say bye 2 the man that has bin holding this massive club bk for faw to many yrs nw

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Good post Jon & one i agree with. Our biggest problem is wether the Malaysians are here next season?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:03 pm

GarethGardner wrote:What a fickle bunch of idiots you really are ! Nearly as bad as the guy sat behind me who i was close to knocking out yesterday. Booing players after 2 mins. Really did my nut in.(yes people are entitled to do what they want, but after 2 mins ?)

Gareth you are entitled to your opinion in the same way as I am but to consider knocking out a fellow bluebird fan for expressing his opinion shows who the real idiot is. As for your fickle comment,I would like to remind you that many fans including myself have aready renewed their season tickets for next year and supported the club at away matches and in many other ways.We care passionately about the club and it is this passion that has generated feelings against Dave Jones because he is now damaging our club at a time when we should be doing far better.I have listened to excuses all year and have tried to give Jones the benefit of the doubt but the last 3 matches have convinced me that he must now go.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:05 pm

They need to sack him now if we want to seriously contend for promotion. His statistics as a bottler at the end of the season are unarguable. However, if we're honest he will NOT be sacked now. To non Cardiff City fans it would appear a ridiculous knee-jerk reaction to losing a few games on the trot, and should we not achieve promotion even if he is sacked this would give everyone the perfect excuse.
I strongly believe that if we do not achieve promotion this year, DJ should leave in the summer. This would be the perfect time as they have plenty of time to find a replacement etc. and no excuses. However, whether I think he will leave or not is a different matter. There are many other times during his reign that he should have left, but not achieving promotion with undoubtedly the best squad in the division would be inexcusable. I do think that his job is ridiculously secure and I just can't see him leaving any time soon. :(

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:24 pm

I would wonder if it would be a weight off the players mind if Jones went now and Burton was put in charge to the end of the season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Yes I think it is the right time, why wait until the end of the season when he will f**k it up for us again as per the previous few seasons (exclude last year as that was just unlucky what happened to Jay). At least with a new boss this may give us the best chance should we end up in the play offs as with the current tactics and form I would not want to face anyone that is currently fighting for a play off place as they are seeing us as a soft touch and very fragile.

Jones hasn't got the tactical nounce to improve us.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Totally agree with you Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:39 pm

I posted last week that I think the team would be better off without Jones for the last 10 games, I now think it would be better off without him for the last 9 games.

Quite simply the football side is not a team, it shows no real togetherness and it has no distinct pattern of play. The midfield remains paper thin despite it being an area of concern for three years and Jones stubbornness and arrogance and dislike of the club's supporters and media is a real problem. His dour demeanour and refusal to take any criticism is an obstacle to improvement and in many ways his football side mirror the man that is Dave Jones.

Some fans are saying come on everybody lets get behind the team and the manager lets not show nerves from the stands. I think the togetherness we're all looking for is beyond Jones as things have gone too far and his relationship with many sections of the crowd and can never be healed.

It is possible that the freeing up of the players from Dave Jones could have a real impact over the next few games and if we get on a roll, who knows what we could do. With him in charge however I can only see one outcome and that is total abject failure.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:57 pm

Gareth, you can say what you want, but I think your sad and do not want to succeed and are happy there is no passion in our club.
I cant be bothered going over again the reasons why Dave Jones should not stay another second longer.
Getting rid of Dave Jones would not get Sam back, i think youve got a screw missing. Dont ever call me or Other City Fans an idiots either.

DJ is no good for our club. Thats MY STONG OPINION and BELIEF. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gareth Name calling Hmm
JUST BECAUSE YOU COULD NOT PUT A GOOD CASE FOR DAVE JONES. I find name calling a sign of a person who is loosing a debate and instead of debating it, they revert to this, HOW ARE WE ALL IDIOTS ?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth, you can say what you want, but I think your sad and do not want to succeed and are happy there is no passion in our club.
I cant be bothered going over again the reasons why Dave Jones should not stay another second longer.
Getting rid of Dave Jones would not get Sam back, i think youve got a screw missing. Dont ever call me or Other City Fans an idiots either.

DJ is no good for our club. Thats MY STONG OPINION and BELIEF. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I want us to succeed more than anyone else at the club. Where the hell did i say im happy that there is no passion at the club ?
Im personally happy with Dave Jones and will back him 100% untill he gets told not to do the job. What makes us all top managers ? As far as im concerned he has done wonders for this club. Not many managers would have been able to sell our best players every year and still be able to better our league position every year spending very little in the mean time.
Maybe Jones just doesnt like to show his passion in the public limelight. Im pretty sure he would have showed his passion behind closed doors towards the players.
Football is a results business, ok recently they havnt been good, but its a marathon not a sprint. Ill judge Dave Jones at the end of the season. If he hasnt improved us then fair enough his position has to be looked at. But give the guy a chance .

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:27 pm

GarethGardner wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I want us to succeed more than anyone else at the club. Where the hell did i say im happy that there is no passion at the club ?
Im personally happy with Dave Jones and will back him 100% untill he gets told not to do the job. What makes us all top managers ? As far as im concerned he has done wonders for this club. Not many managers would have been able to sell our best players every year and still be able to better our league position every year spending very little in the mean time.
Maybe Jones just doesnt like to show his passion in the public limelight. Im pretty sure he would have showed his passion behind closed doors towards the players.
Football is a results business, ok recently they havnt been good, but its a marathon not a sprint. Ill judge Dave Jones at the end of the season. If he hasnt improved us then fair enough his position has to be looked at. But give the guy a chance .

Gareth By Wanting DJ to stay.

Your entitled to your opinion and I dont agree with one word youve said, but at least youve posted it better than calling us all idiots because we dont like him.
I wont go in to DJ's Failures again as its pages and pages long just look at my previous threads on him.
The man has had more money for players than any previous manager in our history, he is paid beyond a managers dream, he has NO PLAN B, 117 games now and 10 wins, he bottles at the final hurdle, belittles players,cant stand our fans/has no respect
for anyone but himself. Our players dont respect him. He is ARROGANT and STUBBORN even when things go wrong.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:37 pm

OH BY THE WAY Gareth, I dont have a problem against Dave Jones once he has left our Club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also why are thousands of other fans calling for his head, rem not just me, I dont change my mind week in week out, I've never rated him from day one and thats just my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: