Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just on the news Chops

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:22 am

could well be out for the rest of the season, if thats so I think we can kiss the prem good bye. We really dont have cover for him even with bellers in his place. If Bellers comes inside then we dont have his speed down the wings and a crosser of the ball. Thomas dont have the speed , whitts only puts the ball square or puts the ball back and dont really make runs. Looks like its starting to fall apart, lets pray its not as bad as theu think it maybe.

Re: Just on the news Chops

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:23 am

He's a superb player who offers so much more than goals. He defends from the front. I'm gutted he's even missing one game. :(

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:24 am

hopefully after a scan and with the international break he will be back sooner rather than later or not at all ? :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:53 am

Vintage 63 wrote:hopefully after a scan and with the international break he will be back sooner rather than later or not at all ? :ayatollah:

Crossing my fingers. Good luck Chops :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 am

Looked pretty serious yesterday and wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play again this season - a massive blow for us if its true.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:41 am

If you remember he was missing in the autumn for a while and we played a pretty successful 451 without him. The success of this though depends on Bothroyd performing at his best, and more importantly Burke firing on all cylinders.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:48 am

bluebird58 wrote:If you remember he was missing in the autumn for a while and we played a pretty successful 451 without him. The success of this though depends on Bothroyd performing at his best, and more importantly Burke firing on all cylinders.

Which relies upon Jones actually playing Burke from the start.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 am

welshcitydragon wrote:could well be out for the rest of the season, if thats so I think we can kiss the prem good bye. We really dont have cover for him even with bellers in his place. If Bellers comes inside then we dont have his speed down the wings and a crosser of the ball. Thomas dont have the speed , whitts only puts the ball square or puts the ball back and dont really make runs. Looks like its starting to fall apart, lets pray its not as bad as theu think it maybe.

It's been falling apart for a while now, Chops injury will just be another excuse for failure. Personally Id be very surprised if we finish in play offs and lets be honest we all know full well we dont have the bottle for games like that.

Chops is one of five players Id like to retain for next season, the rest can leave with DJ.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:35 am

Burke said after the game ,that he knows he is not playing as well as he did last season, So this may have something to do with DJ not going with him in the starting line. But I think Whitts is not really putting a full shit in. Never see him make runs, most of the time he will just pass the ball square, or plays it back , or will try to pump up long balls and gives the ball away.
We dont have quality in depth so when someone goes off the boil we cant replace them with more quality.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:39 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Burke said after the game ,that he knows he is not playing as well as he did last season, So this may have something to do with DJ not going with him in the starting line. But I think Whitts is not really putting a full shit in. Never see him make runs, most of the time he will just pass the ball square, or plays it back , or will try to pump up long balls and gives the ball away.
We dont have quality in depth so when someone goes off the boil we cant replace them with more quality.

Ive said this all along, we may seem to have the best 11 on paper but as a squad we are very weak.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:43 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:Burke said after the game ,that he knows he is not playing as well as he did last season, So this may have something to do with DJ not going with him in the starting line. But I think Whitts is not really putting a full shit in. Never see him make runs, most of the time he will just pass the ball square, or plays it back , or will try to pump up long balls and gives the ball away.

Ive said this all along, we may seem to have the best 11 on paper but as a squad we are very weak.

Yes Rich , on paper we look great, but we play on grass ,thats our problem :lol:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:52 am

Championship again next season then.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:59 am

bluegirl73 wrote:Championship again next season then.

We still have a good chance we are only 2 points from 2nd and the others may hit a bad patch too
just stay with it and help the guys on, thats all we can do. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:24 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Yes Rich , on paper we look great, but we play on grass ,thats our problem :lol:

We play like we are stoned, your right :lol: :lol: