Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Would a change of manager now boast our chances..?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:25 am

Not with 9 games left. It's too much of a gamble. My hope is that we were this shit when we went up from League One and we were all calling for Lennie Lawrence's head. Football is a funny old game.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:26 am

In a time like this we need to stay with each other and pull in the same direction , not split up and go in different directions. That will only make things worse. We have dropped more yes, But we still have a chance to go up, lets not blow it altogether. If we think the players are not given there , at least we should. So come on guys lets help them to get what we all want promotion to the top. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 am

We won't go up under Jones so I can't see what we have to lose by changing now. I would put DJ on gardening leave and give Terry Burton temporary control until the end of the season.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:39 am

Appoint a new manager.

Jones is a nearly man - story of his career. Nearly an England great (lol). Nearly a great player. just never quite got there. Gets teams into positions to achieve, rarely end up achieving.

Get in someone like Di Matteo - even if we don't go up this season, he'll be up and running with the squad ready for next season.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:42 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We won't go up under Jones so I can't see what we have to lose by changing now. I would put DJ on gardening leave and give Terry Burton temporary control until the end of the season.

Well lets look at it like this also,Terry is a great guy and he is DJ 2nd , so why is it that he cant Get more out of them now.
He being 2nd can also put his 10ps worth in so there wont be much chang I dont think. I could be wrong Oyes , Im not a pro,but I think its better to pull in one way than to pull it apart completley

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:48 am

If we had a smaller wage budget, like Swansea's for example, we'd be in League 1 by now with Jones in charge. Promotion or no promotion the clueless one has to go.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:51 am

welshcitydragon wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:We won't go up under Jones so I can't see what we have to lose by changing now. I would put DJ on gardening leave and give Terry Burton temporary control until the end of the season.

Well lets look at it like this also,Terry is a great guy and he is DJ 2nd , so why is it that he cant Get more out of them now.
He being 2nd can also put his 10ps worth in so there wont be much chang I dont think. I could be wrong Oyes , Im not a pro,but I think its better to pull in one way than to pull it apart completley

Well, DJ undermining Burton in front of the players hardly helps, does it?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:15 am

Roath_Bluebird wrote:If we had a smaller wage budget, like Swansea's for example, we'd be in League 1 by now with Jones in charge. Promotion or no promotion the clueless one has to go.

How on earth do you know we'd be in league 1.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:26 am

i cant see the board doing anything now so looks like we are stuck with him! The time to sack him was in January, after the Watford and Bristol debacles! If we did sack him now I would be thrilled as I really cant see him taking us up but its just not going to happen! The rugby element on the board are paralysed by fear, they dont have a clue what to do so are just sticking with what they know!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 am

YES!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Yes.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 pm

No.

We need a Ramsey back, or some other divine intervention.

The capable are now incapable. Form has gone, confidence shot, fans have lost hope, the players have lost the fans, the manager is getting on everyone's tits.

A new manager will only provide another scape goat when it all falls down, finally I am starting to admit this to myself that this wasn't our year, and we truly did **** it up. The reasons all very well documented on here.

If we some how turn this around and do get promoted it will be down to luck and not ambition.

Anyone know any Voodoo?? :lol:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:26 pm

YES . THIS IS NOW THE TIME .!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:03 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

Burton is allowed little influence on first team tactics/selection etc. but is very popular in the dressing room and for a short period of 9 games he could provide the insparational spark which is clearly missing.

There is also the aftermath of that game a few years back when DJ had to leave a game early because his daughter was unwell and at the time were losing 1-0. Terry Burton took over delievered the half-time team talk and we won 4-1.

I think DJ has always treated TB with suspicion since then. 8-)

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Yes.