Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: My main fear is:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:03 am

i think they will have too much to lose if they pull out

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:07 am

Midfield general wrote:will the Malaysians still be with us if we dont go up this season..? :roll:

no ................ they are going to do a deal with Sam ;)

seriously tho I do believe they are here for the long haul coz they are desperate for promotion to the Prem and maybe nxt season with a new manager then we will defo do it ?? :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:45 am

my opinion is that if we dont go up, they wouldnt have the INTREST or be willing to INVEST in a whole new squad.
all our loans would go, chops, jay, burke, would propbably be moved on to create a bit of cash. Then all the troubles would be left to SAM.....
i know its a miserable monday morning. but that is what i think will happen if we dont go up :oops:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:47 am

milly44 wrote:my opinion is that if we dont go up, they wouldnt have the INTREST or be willing to INVEST in a whole new squad.
all our loans would go, chops, jay, burke, would propbably be moved on to create a bit of cash. Then all the troubles would be left to SAM.....
i know its a miserable monday morning. but that is what i think will happen if we dont go up :oops:

if that happened i honestly think sam would sort it out.. and im not a sam fan :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:00 pm

the Malaysians are desperate for Prem football and with Cardiff they have the vehicle to get them there ........ but will they persist with Jones nxt season if we dont go up ?? Also when does DJ's contract run out , coz thats the cheapest option than sacking him .

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:20 pm

DJ's contract is a rolling 1 year contract; when expires, rolls over into a new one.

So paying him off, unless negotiated downwards, would be a minimum of a years salary.

And the Malaysians have clearly invested, clearly saying it's for the longhaul, but they've their own agenda.

The problematic point will be when the decide that investing more money into the club outweighs benefits to themselves in the future.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:11 pm

As far as economic sense goes, the Premiership is the carrot dangling in front of them, with DJ currently holding the stick. Will they give it another season in the Championship with a new holder???

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
Midfield general wrote:will the Malaysians still be with us if we dont go up this season..? :roll:

no ................ they are going to do a deal with Sam ;)

seriously tho I do believe they are here for the long haul coz they are desperate for promotion to the Prem and maybe nxt season with a new manager then we will defo do it ?? :ayatollah:

Well they will have to bring in some players with want it more than this lot do.