Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE MUST GET BEHIND OUR STAR PLAYER!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:48 am

lets make no bones about it, JAY BOTHROYD is our star player! .. last season and up until his injury he was unplayable and deserved to get his england cap! ... right now for some reason he`s lost his form and us fans have hung drawn and quartered him! ffs mun, he`s one of our truly great players lets not smash his confidence to peices. lets get behind him and show him how much we appreciate him. yes he does go down easy but he more than makes up for that with his skill and for all those wanting parkin to take his place GET F**KING REAL MUN! ... its like taking a mongrel to crufts instead of your prized thurbread! e.g. mutley instead of hector [hectors house]! :ayatollah:

Re: WE MUST GET BEHIND OUR STAR PLAYER!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:55 am

Spot on. Jay is the best player we've had for generations. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:48 pm

surroundedbysaxons wrote:Spot on. Jay is the best player we've had for generations. :ayatollah:

too right he is :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Jay Bothroyd, Jay Bothroyd :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:01 pm

No one is doubting that he's a great player. But I can't get behind a player who barely runs and spends most of his time on his ass.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 pm

AHERNE wrote:lets make no bones about it, JAY BOTHROYD is our star player! .. last season and up until his injury he was unplayable and deserved to get his england cap! ... right now for some reason he`s lost his form and us fans have hung drawn and quartered him! ffs mun, he`s one of our truly great players lets not smash his confidence to peices. lets get behind him and show him how much we appreciate him. yes he does go down easy but he more than makes up for that with his skill and for all those wanting parkin to take his place GET F**KING REAL MUN! ... its like taking a mongrel to crufts instead of your prized thurbread! e.g. mutley instead of hector [hectors house]! :ayatollah:

f*cking hell at last!! I thought it was just me! Jay is the best in the league when he`s on his game.However he is currently going through a very bad patch, it happens to every striker, its not his fault that when he don`t play well City don`t play well either, there is and should be enough other quality in the squad to win games when Jay is off colour.

The clapping when he got subsituted Yesterday was disgraceful and no offense to Parkin but HES NOT 5% THE PLAYER Jay is.

Jay will get in any side in the championship and most premiership`s sides, he also must put the effort in to get the fans back on his side although his ability is unquestionable

I think Jay is also taking the shit for below par perfomances for the whole team a scapegoat if u like!!

So like u said mate why don`t evry get behind him from now on in and see what develops has the season comes to an end

FORM IS TEMPORARY! CLASS IS PERMANENT!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:59 pm

"WE MUST GET BEHIND OUR STAR PLAYER!", I think our star player needs to pull his finger out of his grass stained backside. He is the best player in the team (probably the championship) on his day, but at the moment he is the laziest! If there's one thing I cannot support it's player who doesn't give 100%, not when my hard earned cash pays for match tickets, merchandise and indirectly, his wages.

If he took a leaf out of Super Kev's book, I think we'd be clear of the pack in 2nd by now and pushing QPR.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:09 pm

WE MUST GET BEHIND OUR STAR PLAYER!

We already get behind Super Kev?

Or did you mean Hudson? Or Keinan? Or Bellamy? Burke maybe?

Jay will be a star player when he can put in an honest, hard working shift over the course of the season, not for a third of it

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:54 am

surroundedbysaxons wrote:Spot on. Jay is the best player we've had for generations. :ayatollah:

WHEN HE WANTS TO BE, he's been hopeless since the England cap, I think it's gone to his head, he needs a kick up the arse !!!