Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can't be....

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:40 pm

..arsed trawling the board on my phone, so just a few quick points.

We didn't play badly today. The atmosphere was good. The tactics and subs were fine. We didn't win because, a)we didn't take our chances, and b)we were sleeping at the back at the 2nd goal. The ref was poor, but if we take our chances then we win 6-3 but we didn't.

Finally, apart from the score the little fella and I had a great day. Nice to see some of you again, albeit briefly!

Re: Can't be....

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:43 pm

I don't think we played terribly but I don't think we were very good today. I thought Bellamy, Whittingham and the back four did well (and Burkey when he came on) but other than that too many individuals in key positions didn't put in what was required. McPhail, JET, Bothroyd and Bywater were all poor today. You can't win games when almost half of your line up isn't up to scratch.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Sorry Paul, gotta disagree with you there. I sit in the corner of Canton and Ninian. The atmosphere was awful. Worst in a while imo. And we were pants.

But glad you and your boy had a good time pal, sorry I didn't get to see you :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:46 pm

I'm with phatfrog on this one, performance and tactics and selection was dire and the atmos was flat!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:50 pm

Fair enough Hannah, all about opinions! I was in front rows of grandstand and thought the atmosphere round the ground was good, except where I was sat, even fell victim of the "sit down brigade" in that area in the build up to the 2nd goal!! We weren't great, but we did create more than enough to win the game comfortably. Will post pics of the little fella on Tuesday. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Minty we were garbage in the first half. There was no inspiration. Then we worked hard to get that second goal. Then we do what we always do when we score we take the foot of the gas instead of going for the throat. And our team of superstars thought the game was won. Still very angry especially as Jones comes out blaming us :evil: :evil:
A word on the Referee he was total pants he did not have a clue. :?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 am

On the atmosphere, it wasn't too bad. It was buzzing for the 4 minutes we had the lead for 8-)

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:41 am

PtB wrote:..arsed trawling the board on my phone, so just a few quick points.

We didn't play badly today. The atmosphere was good. The tactics and subs were fine. We didn't win because, a)we didn't take our chances, and b)we were sleeping at the back at the 2nd goal. The ref was poor, but if we take our chances then we win 6-3 but we didn't.

Finally, apart from the score the little fella and I had a great day. Nice to see some of you again, albeit briefly!

Paul you have given an honest opinion on what you saw yesterday and you are probably right. The trouble is for us who see the City a little bit more often it’s the same tale every game.

The 'unlucky' tag has a very short shelf life and by now it is stretching credibility to its maximum to blame bad luck for our failings.

The truth is our manager cannot instil motivation into his squad which is the least requirement of a manager as everything else grows from there.

BTW I agree with you on the atmosphere, it was very good where I was to.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:41 am

PtB wrote:..arsed trawling the board on my phone, so just a few quick points.

First half, pretty dire. Yet again, didn't take chances, but like this point or not, Barnsley players were up for it, motivated. We looked slow and lax. As if all we had to do was turn up.

teams aren't going to make things easy for us, we've been failing to grind out the platofrm to allow us to play.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:25 pm

All good points and debates. Just got to move onto next weekend now.

On train home now, see some of you at Preston next month.

PS;Tony, I watch Scotland too - you don't get much unluckier than that! :lol: