Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DAVE JONES EXCUSE TODAY "

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:20 pm

The Stadium and our fans made it feel Nervous out there for the players.

Re: " DAVE JONES EXCUSE TODAY "

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:22 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 423806.stm

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Stadium and our fans made it feel Nervous out there for the players.

I got to Disagree with DJ there

We sang for most of the 90 mins. Expecially when we was dominating posession
Didnt abuse any player exept bothroyd but that was only for not chasing the ball

We gave 100% for the team today, never slagged them off.
We just kept on singing

Either the ninan would start the singing and then us in the canton would finish or vice versa ;)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by glammy74 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:24 pm

The stadium was dead today, no nerves or fans getting on players backs, nothing but support! This man is a pillock! As I watched our gutless team put in another shambolic performance courtesy if an inept useless manager in a souless stadium I realized that we are in worse trouble than I thought! We are in desperate need for someone to electrify this club, just like Sam did 10 years ago! Now I think Sam had his chance and his time has gone but we need someone with charisma and energy to get everyone on side! I think someone like Gus Poyet could be just the man!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Stadium and our fans made it feel Nervous out there for the players.

Huh?

what is he on about!? what i want to know is why he thinks we are playing so badly, and dropping copious amounts of valuable points to lesser sides, and what is he doing about it? we are destined for play off hell again

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:28 pm

glammy74 wrote:

We sang for mostly 90 mins.
Didnt abuse any player exept bothroyd but that was only for not chasing the ball

We just kept on singing

Either the ninan would start the singing and the canton would finish or vice versa ;)

Totally agree Glammy. If we don't get promoted it will be made out as our fault. It's this wrapping the players in cotton wool and blaming everything else apart from them that's going to cost us. They need to face reality that they need to work their balls off to get promoted. It's not going to be given on a plate... even though every one of the top 6 teams are doing their best to do that to each other! Except QPR, they can f**k off and get promoted already!

The only players who gave a true 100% out there today were the back four (but even they let themselves down with that second goal), Chopra and Bellamy. I can honestly say that if we don't go up this season then I wouldn't care seeing all the players and management go with us starting from scratch... except Kev of course!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Zabier wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

We sang for mostly 90 mins.

We just kept on singing

Either the ninan would start the singing and the canton would finish or vice versa ;)

Totally agree Glammy. If we don't get promoted it will be made out as our fault. It's this wrapping the players in cotton wool and blaming everything else apart from them that's going to cost us. They need to face reality that they need to work their balls off to get promoted. It's not going to be given on a plate... even though every one of the top 6 teams are doing their best to do that to each other! Except QPR, they can f**k off and get promoted already!

The only players who gave a true 100% out there today were the back four (but even they let themselves down with that second goal), Chopra and Bellamy. I can honestly say that if we don't go up this season then I wouldn't care seeing all the players and management go with us starting from scratch... except Kev of course!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Annis, the amount of excuses Jones has given us over the years is enough for you to write another book, it could be named From Shattered Dreams To Excuses I Say. :lol:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:33 pm

Sorry Davey boy, you're out of excuses, bollux, bollux and more bollux.

Full of sh1t, full of sh1t, full of sh1t!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:41 pm

nobby wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/9423806.stm

Thanks for the link nobby :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:50 pm

What a fukn joker he is...ive got a million things i could rant about him because he provides far too much ammo but I really cant be asked with the delerious Scouse prick anymore.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:58 pm

To be fair that's a very honest appraisal of our performance from DJ.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 am

blueheaven wrote:To be fair that's a very honest appraisal of our performance from DJ.

On that I have to agree, but he has to stop talking or even mentioning our fans.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:04 am

Annis, it was the players that made the fans nervous, if anything....

And what about that poor bloke in front of you trying to get the singing started?? I tried to get some 'Soothers' up to him before he lost his voice completely!! :lol:

In fairness, it was a great effort from him and it was nice to see you up in support whilst others laughed....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:33 am

For me, this excuse is the lowest of the low from DJ,,,just how low will this guy stoop? I find the whole situation totaly unacceptable at CCFC at the moment!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:40 am

Im surprized Jones hasnt blamed Ali for tannoying the substitution when the game was in play when Barnsley scored their 2nd ??

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:49 am

I don't know if the reason behind yesterdays performance was nerves or not because from what I watched it would be more likely a lack of energy.

Having said that there were exceptions MacNaughton gave another huge performance and Burke was full of energy when he came on, Whittingham, Olofinjana, Keinan, Hudson, Qiunn and in the 2nd half Bellamy showed a lot of energy.

But Bothroyd, Chopra, JET, McPhail and Bellamy in the first half were pretty much lifeless and it's understanding why which would more likely explain yet another disappointing performance.

We have been a counter attacking team for a number of years and we have counter attacked with pace but right now when ever we counter attack we are more likely to slow the game and pass the ball sideways, JET is the best example of this. It was only when Burke came on and started running at them at pace that Barnsley looked likely to fold.

The question is did DJ notice this and will he look to getting us playing that way for the remainder of the season, we will be without Chopra at the weekend Bellamy is also likely to be suspended by the time the FAW finish with him on Friday so Burke has to start and IMO thats a good thing.

DJ needs to accept that the way he has us playing, this clow supposedly controlled football is losing our biggest threat and that is our ability to attack at pace and no team likes to defend against it.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:50 am

jones said''i should of been with baz and skunky fishing, but the egg fucked it up because they played on saturday and messed up our timetable'' he later went on to say ''it was the photos that baz sent my phone of all the fish he caught that messed up our defence, and that is why bothroyd cant hit the net'' :D

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:45 am

To be fair I thought the atmosphere was beyond it's usual bad. It got a bit better during the second half but the player's should be used to this by now.

Just to touch on the players these are professional well paid individuals, they should be performing week in week irrespective. Surely they understand that they 'on paper' are the best team in the league and that there are expectations that they will do well and beat weaker sides????? FFS.

Leads me back to why does this group of TOP championship players play so bad. The answer we all know.....

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:47 am

Spot on ANNIS the manager has lost the plot.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:55 am

I am not shocked by this as DJ will blame anyone or anything to avoid the main problem and thats him

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:57 am

One min he tells the media that most of the players have been in bigger atmospheres and bigger pressures and the next infront of a dead atmosphere stadium,the guys going bonkers with excuses :shock: :?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:20 am

rb1976 wrote:To be fair I thought the atmosphere was beyond it's usual bad. It got a bit better during the second half but the player's should be used to this by now.

Just to touch on the players these are professional well paid individuals, they should be performing week in week irrespective. Surely they understand that they 'on paper' are the best team in the league and that there are expectations that they will do well and beat weaker sides????? FFS.

Leads me back to why does this group of TOP championship players play so bad. The answer we all know.....

I'm fully with you rb1976 I thought the crowd got right behind the players in the second half and demanded that second goal.

I also agree that the players don't need us to do that and should be winning games on their own.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:16 am

Nerves.....Rubbish. these are supposed to be professional players. Did DJ and the players interact with us fans yeaterday... no. Did they get our unconditional support again ...yes. Was the CCS rocking for the 4 minutes when we were ahead... yes.
The reason that the CCS is experiencing a lack of atmoshere is purely down to the fact the team dont give us enough to cheer about.
The players did not look like a team who wanted it enough yesterday. I am sick of the excuses we are making every week and the one that makes me laugh is that the opposition keeper played out of his skin and was world class.
1 point from the last 9 is simply not good enough,forget the playoffs as nothing will change from this team. If Jones is complaining about nerves now, then as the games count down then it will only get worse.To realistically get automatic promotion we would habve to raise our effort at least another 10% and I just think that Jones is (for whatever reason) incapable of inspiring the team to that level.
We will continue with this patchy form till it is mathematically impossible for an automatic spot which should be around mid April. We now need to lower our sights and mentally prepare for the playoffs and hope that Jones gets lucky if we ever reach the playoff final.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 am

I'd probably tend to agree with him!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 am

Dave Jones Bores me now, fed up of hearing his bollocks. All were asking is he does his job. If i Performed as bad as he Does as being a manager at my job i would of been sacked a long time ago.

Roll on the End of the Season, Going up or not he has to go hes just piss poor at his job and has no people skills and will be shown the door. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 pm

i really thought the boys would have come out for this game all guns blazing, and playing at a high tempo but they looked like they were playing a pre-season friendly. Once Whitts scored i thought they would settle down but they didnt, they were lethargic at best! Very few players could look in the mirror and say they gave it 100%! When will Jones learn that Whitts and Macca cant start together as a midfield 2, they are way too ligthweight! Both good players but not in a two together!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:33 pm

From Facebook

Anthony Chiplin Id say 07 08 season when we got done 3 nil at charlton he should have gone then
2 hours ago · Like

Tricky 'Ccfc' Duncan he bores me the guy is deluded, what a joke
about an hour ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin He is a miserable sod he blames everyone else apart from his crap tattics subs choices and underperformin players bothroyd to name 1

about an hour ago · Like

Eddie Swales Bollocks each and every one of them needs a boot up their arses apart from super Kev
6 minutes ago · Like

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:37 pm

From Facebook

Adam Price What a f*cking joke !!!
13 hours ago · Unlike · 1 person

Lee Winters
I am fucked off with excuses.DJ baffles me & the team don't look the slightest bit concerned that we are on the verge of promotion.No motivation there at all.Taking JET off today just about summed up DJ.Surely McPhail off JET up top Olofinjana in midfield no need for IMHO

Adam James
The pressure has got to DJ. We're not going up.
13 hours ago · Unlike · 2 people

Michael Ford
Time for him to go,he should sort the players out not blame the fans,just standing there with his hands in his sodding pockets every game,time for a change.

James Booth time 4 jones 2 go, the mans a liability, and he couldnt give a toss about out our club, show him the door !!

Tim Ccfc Osborne ‎3rd f*cking time!!! we have missed 3 chances to go 2nd. get that prick out!!!! " YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING" should be the chant at the next game... f**k off DJ!
13 hours ago · Unlike · 2 people

Nigel Pepper Words just words ! I didn't know Frank Zappa was a Cardiff fan , haveing said that the stress probably killed him .

Stephen Richards fuk off wankers dave jones ok
12 hours ago · Like

Tim Ccfc Osborne stephen are you defending DJ?
12 hours ago · Like

Stephen Richards yes ev time
12 hours ago · Like

Tim Ccfc Osborne what has he done for us in the past 6 years? f**k all
we have had 3 chances to grasp 2nd place and we have fucked them all up. obviously he aint doing hsi job right is he
12 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Nathan Millichip dave jones is a great manager, he has taken us to a play off final, and an fa cup final. he will take us up. he is a great tactician, and a great man manager! in jones we trust ;)
12 hours ago · Like

Tim Ccfc Osborne finals dont count tho, we havent actually achieved anything with him as manager
12 hours ago · Like

Tim Ccfc Osborne if we won then fair enough but we didnt lol we lost at the finals
12 hours ago · Like

Stephen Richards no he aint dun all u nutters lets go bak to bottom of third division much better there
12 hours ago · Like

Nathan Millichip tim im only joking mate, annis will back me up with my hatred for him!!
the bloke is a c**t. to full of self importnace. nothing is ever his fault, tactically hes clueless, no plan b, cant motivate his players, staff or himself, arragont, al...
See more
12 hours ago · Unlike · 3 people
Tim Ccfc Osborne pmsl, nathan im lad u said that lol
and stephen id love us to go down a few leagues. the atmosphere would be better and all these glory supporters would f**k off.
DJ havent done f**k all for us so i dont see why you like him. a managers job i...
See more
Tim Ccfc Osborne glad*
and if theres any typos sorry lol
12 hours ago · Like
Stephen Richards ye dun fukall 6 good years in championship and 1 fa cup final and 3 times at wembley fuk all u fukin no marks
12 hours ago · Like
Tim Ccfc Osborne any f*cking manager can say keep doing this for 6 f*cking years. we want to be promoted not stay in this league so he isnt doing good enough!
Stephen Richards yes good fukin joke
11 hours ago · Like
Stephen Richards devine rite to be in prem league wat a fukin joke
11 hours ago · Like
Tim Ccfc Osborne its all down to player skill, teamwork and manager strategy. we have the players that can take us there, but our manager is shit. hence we have no decent teamwork going on, at the end of the day we have premiership class players but only a championship class manager. we are going no where with DJ as manager and we will see at the end of the season. if we go up ill eat my own words and apologize but i know we will not go up. a championship manager is just that nothing more!
11 hours ago · Like
Stephen Richards goin up
11 hours ago · Like
Anthony Chiplin Dj is a fuckin moron he keeps blamin everyone apart from himself yeah he took us to 2 wembly finals which we lost yeah we still in wiv a shout but chops out for most if not all season we need to win every game really startin at millwall whi...
See more
11 hours ago · Like · 1 person
Stephen Richards and 1 win well all dave jiones hero
11 hours ago · Like
Tim Ccfc Osborne thats your response stephen?
u have no argument, u have no facts, all u have is a little bit of blind faith in dave jones

i do want us to go up but we will not go up with dj

See more
11 hours ago · Like
Stephen Richards yes and 35 yrs watchin ccfc i no thats the best manger weve ever had watch them in div 4 then c
11 hours ago · Like
Tim Ccfc Osborne stephen it doesnt matter how long u have watched them and or if he is the best manager we have had. but he isnt good enough to take us to the prem.
11 hours ago · Like · 1 person
Stephen Richards lol watch space butt
11 hours ago · Like
Tim Ccfc Osborne stephen wtf are u on about?
11 hours ago · Like
Stephen Richards not 1 bad season in championship in 6 yrs
11 hours ago · Like
Stephen Richards letrs go bak 3k crowds ans bottom div 3 kool
11 hours ago · Like
Tim Ccfc Osborne stephen i dont care about that. my argument is he isnt good neough to take us to the prem nothing else. i dont care about when u used to watch them or if we have had a few good seasons. they arent good enough
11 hours ago · Like
Anthony Chiplin Would love it if we got 2nd but do we deserve it to b honest at moment no we dont last 3 games should been 9 points we would been 7 ahead of jacks if we were my opinion we would b goin up but we relyin on norwich to loose tom if he dont take us up this year he never will and playoffs aint certain burnley got 2games on us so we need results now
11 hours ago · Like

Stephen Richards y isnt he good enuf cos witts missed a pen v palace or the keeper had good game today and ipswich keeper had good game lets fukin get on jones back
11 hours ago · Like

Tim Ccfc Osborne ok then so your saying all palace match the pen was the only chance we had at scoring? we havent hit the bar, post or gone slightly wide in any of the last few matches. and no matter how good a keeper is there is always ways to score. if t...
See more
11 hours ago · Like

Stephen Richards so thats gotta b jones fault then the bar the post etc lol good nite
11 hours ago · Like

Tim Ccfc Osborne im not saying the bar and post is his fault. im saying he isnt training them well enough. he isnt making the right subs at the right times, he isnt changing formations shit like that. whatever u say m8 hes a shit manager. blames every1 else. its never his fault coz apparently hes king dick
11 hours ago · Like

Stephen Richards get the managers job then good luck
11 hours ago · Like

Tim Ccfc Osborne he chose his career as manager its his own fault. i dont want to be a football manager coz i cant do it. i never studied it. i knwo f**k all about it. but i do know he isnt doing a good job
11 hours ago · Like

Stephen Richards well bout 10k a week id giv it ago lol
11 hours ago · Like

Tim Ccfc Osborne lol exactly 10 grand a week he should be doing better
11 hours ago · Like

Tim Ccfc Osborne well im off to bed all i have to say is this.

its all down to jones
if its the players performance or anything, its his team, its his responsibility end of
10 hours ago · Like

Annis Abraham Jnr Nathan has not rated DJ right through out his reign. Has not changed his views once.
5 hours ago · Like

Michael Fogg Jones Out!

I have said in the past that DJ was a good manager. He's got the ability to get the best out of players who don't have their heads in the right place - for example Koumas a few years ago, and more recently Bothroyd. At the beginn...
See more
3 hours ago · Like

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 pm

It wasn't very nervous when we went 2 -1 up. In fact the CCS was rocking. It was the team that lost concentration and conceded the equaliser which actually killed the atmosphere.