Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why is criticising Jones such a taboo subject?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Recently, various discussions on here have revolved around a number of things at matches. Be it people leaving early, or booing players etc. Most people say it is their right to do both, as 'they are the customer' (saying that, I thought people didn't like the idea of football turning into a tesco like experience).

If this is the case, that the players are underperforming so we all have the right to boo/leave 20 minutes early at 1-0 down, then.....

Why do our fans not show our disaproval, in numbers, towards the manager? If everything is so wrong, which it has been, then HE is the man to blame. Why is it such a taboo. How is it right that it can be acceptable to boo players for performing poorly, or to shout criticism at them, when the man in charge of them escapes Scot free?

If the players are not playing as a team, then it is his fault.
No passion towards the fans? His fault too.

People need to see the real reason why the players aren't getting results, and levy the criticism at HIM

Re: Why is criticising Jones such a taboo subject?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:12 pm

He's God apparently? Mind you we are in the same league as when he took over! Joke mate! Funny thing is the joke is on us.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:13 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Recently, various discussions on here have revolved around a number of things at matches. Be it people leaving early, or booing players etc. Most people say it is their right to do both, as 'they are the customer' (saying that, I thought people didn't like the idea of football turning into a tesco like experience).

If this is the case, that the players are underperforming so we all have the right to boo/leave 20 minutes early at 1-0 down, then.....

Why do our fans not show our disaproval, in numbers, towards the manager? If everything is so wrong, which it has been, then HE is the man to blame. Why is it such a taboo. How is it right that it can be acceptable to boo players for performing poorly, or to shout criticism at them, when the man in charge of them escapes Scot free?

People need to see the real reason why the players aren't getting results, and levy the criticism at HIM

Watch out Adam, Scott will say your no a REAL FAN.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:19 pm

At the end of the day us the fans are the paying customer, the manager and team are the product and are providing us with the service, at times that service is unacceptable so the paying customer has the right to express their opinion and disapproval of the service being provided.

Each and every customer or fan will have a difference of opinion about the service being provided, its just how each and every customer decides to react to the product they are provided with.

Every individual who has payed for the service is a fan, and in my eyes there is no such thing as a REAL fan, if you have payed your dues then regardless who you are your a paying customer and therefore are a fan.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:24 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Recently, various discussions on here have revolved around a number of things at matches. Be it people leaving early, or booing players etc. Most people say it is their right to do both, as 'they are the customer' (saying that, I thought people didn't like the idea of football turning into a tesco like experience).

only because, i think it would help the club if we didnt.. that's all

i think we should play our part by getting behind the team and the manager, even if we are on a bad run because we are 100% still in the promotion mix and i dont think its fair to criticise Jones for "maybe" not taking us up when he still might, just like im not praising him for taking us up cos he hasnt done that either

i literally just think we should wait and see which it is, and then have our say, cos it would benefit the team

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Yes!!!!!! Spot on

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Scott, just so you know, this post wasn't aimed at you. Just in general.

Also, as I said a lot of people seem to think it acceptable to boo players but not the manager - and I'm not taking anyones right to boo the players away. Merely, I wonder why people find it easy to boo/shout at players, but never seem to give Dave Jones concrete abuse

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Is there a lack of criticism of Jones? I thought it was quite apparent? I think it's 70% Jones and 30% the players to be honest.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Zabier wrote:Is there a lack of criticism of Jones? I thought it was quite apparent? I think it's 70% Jones and 30% the players to be honest.

Not in the stadium. I hear maybe one or two people shout shout about Jones, if at all, compared to people criticising anyone from Keinan to Bothroyd to Bellamy on a regular basis, and in more than ones or twos