Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" GET BEHIND JONES AND JAY! "

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 pm

I know for sure that the players will still be 100% behind Jones... and i will be too until i know whether or not weve gone up this season because yes, this season is make or break for him...

why is everyone so arrogant to think they "know" that Jones will/wont take us up this year?
i dont know, you dont know, nobody knows!

so just stop moaning and getting on people's backs, because youre doing more damage to our promotion hopes by giving off a totally negative mentality during/after games

the real fans are the ones that stick behind the team... the ones that dont boo OUR TOP SCORER when he gets substitued... the ones turn up to every game and sing their bloody hearts out to try and encourage the players instead of wasting their breath, hurling abuse, and not helping anything...

the real fans are the one's who will save their judgement of Jones until the end of the season because the fact of the matter is, nobody knows if were going up or not, even if we do lose a few games, were still right in the mix...

and if come the end of the season, were still in the Championship then he'll be gone, but if not, everyone will be total hypocrites and love him again... so let's just wait and see, and play our part by getting behind the manager, Jay, and the whole team!

Re: GET BEHIND JONES AND JAY!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Whilst I sympathise with much of what you say I must challenge one point you make.

If Jones does by some miracle take us up I will certainly not love him again.

I am absolutely convinced that the first thing that should happen if we get promoted is that Jones should be sacked if we are to have any chance at all of surviving in the Premier League.

The man's limitations as a manager would be ruthlessly exposed week in week out.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:32 pm

lets swop this situation, let us players do it for the fans?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:34 pm

davids wrote:Whilst I sympathise with much of what you say I must challenge one point you make.

I am absolutely convinced that the first thing that should happen if we get promoted is that Jones should be sacked if we are to have any chance at all of surviving in the Premier League.

The man's limitations as a manager would be ruthlessly exposed week in week out.

really? :\

if we got promoted (especially automatically) and then sacked our manager we would be a laughing stock!

don't you think that if he does take us up with a squad he's put together the first time he's had a bit of money to spend (on wages), that he will at least deserve a shot at keeping us there!

i still believe that we will go up, we might not, but if we do, what more could he have done?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Bollux, we aint all what we think we are, ask Barnsley, Ipswich and palace.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:41 pm

I want to get behing Jones and the team but how many chances do they have. Jones is like a statue & Jay needs to man up a bit. I would never criticise them publicly from the stands but getting a bit fed up of nearly men

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:41 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:Whilst I sympathise with much of what you say I must challenge one point you make.

really? :\

if we got promoted (especially automatically) and then sacked our manager we would be a laughing stock!

don't you think that if he does take us up with a squad he's put together the first time he's had a bit of money to spend (on wages), that he will at least deserve a shot at keeping us there!

Sorry but I honestly think that.

We are in danger of being a laughing stock at the moment anyway.

I feel that if we did get promoted, with Jones in charge we'd be bottom by Christmas. The squad he's put together cannot seem to be motivated by their manager to beat mid/lower Championship teams at home when on the verge of promotion?

How on earth would our manager deal with the challenges of the Premier League?

For me I would prefer a new manager next season irrespective of what division we are in.

i still believe that we will go up, we might not, but if we do, what more could he have done?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:42 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:Bollux, we aint all what we think we are, ask Barnsley, Ipswich and palace.

No, that's "bollux"

i dont think were anything, i just think were a team going for promotion like about 12 other teams, with no divine right to beat the likes of barnsley, ipswich and palace every single week.... we're not Barcelona like the "fans" booing and abusing our players and manager seem to think...

i just hope we can beat them enough times to get us promoted, so why dont you just wait and see if we can huh? and SUPPORT the team...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:44 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:I know for sure that the players will still be 100% behind Jones... and i will be too until i know whether or not weve gone up this season because yes, this season is make or break for him...

why is everyone so arrogant to think they "know" that Jones will/wont take us up this year?

so just stop moaning and getting on people's backs, because youre doing more damage to our promotion hopes by giving off a totally negative mentality during/after games

the real fans are the ones that stick behind the team... the ones that dont boo OUR TOP SCORER when he gets substitued... the ones turn up to every game and sing their bloody hearts out to try and encourage the players instead of wasting their breath, hurling abuse, and not helping anything...

the real fans are the one's who will save their judgement of Jones until the end of the season because the fact of the matter is, nobody knows if were going up or not, even if we do lose a few games, were still right in the mix...

and if come the end of the season, were still in the Championship then he'll be gone, but if not, everyone will be total hypocrites and love him again... so let's just wait and see, and play our part by getting behind the manager, Jay, and the whole team!

Scott ccfc

Scott,

So I am NOT A REAL FAN BECAUSE I HAVE AN OPINION ON DAVE JONES, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHO YOU ARE, TO SEE HOW MUCH/LONG YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THEM ?
I RESPECT OPINIONS BUT YOURS IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
scott_ccfc wrote:I know for sure that the players will still be 100% behind Jones... and i will be too until i know whether or not weve gone up this season because yes, this season is make or break for him...

Scott,

So I am NOT A REAL FAN BECAUSE I HAVE AN OPINION ON DAVE JONES, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHO YOU ARE, TO SEE HOW MUCH/LONG YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THEM ?

All im saying is that, in my opinion, the real fans should be doing what would actually help the club most and be a bit more positive, and play their part...

i havent even said here whether i think Jones is a brilliant/poor manager or what... BUT... my point is, that i will get behind him until i see whether or not he does take us up... because me or you dont know whether he will... so what good does getting on his back do? and what good does the booing at the ground, or abusing bothroyd do?

it doesnt do any good

and to answer about me being a real fan, ive had a season ticket every single year since having a job to be able to afford one, havent missed a home game in i think 9 years now... and havent missed an away game on a day which i havent had to work in the morning...

but anyway, i didnt post this topic to argue with anyone, or question whether people have a right to have an opinion....
literally just to point out, that i think real fans should get 100% behind Jones until we know which division were going to be playing in next season

because i genuinely believe the people who arent are creativing a negative atmosphere at the ground, making the players nervous to make a mistake, and seriously messing up our promotion hopes, way more than Jones or anyone else is

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:55 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:
NinianSHEEP wrote:Bollux, we aint all what we think we are, ask Barnsley, Ipswich and palace.

No, that's "bollux"

i dont think were anything, i just think were a team going for promotion like about 12 other teams, with no divine right to beat the likes of barnsley, ipswich and palace every single week.... we're not Barcelona like the "fans" booing and abusing our players and manager seem to think...

i just hope we can beat them enough times to get us promoted, so why dont you just wait and see if we can huh? and SUPPORT the team...

Scott, of course we've no divine right to beat the likes of Barnsley, Ipswich and Palace every single week but it looks like the players themselves actually think that they can win these games without working their nuts off and chasing every lost cause, fighting for every ball, and using every ounce of their talent and ability to earn the right to beat teams like these who, by virtue of their league position are not as good as Cardiff City.

What these teams have though is a willingness to work hard and to make things difficult for their opponents, something lacking in our players too often this season.

We all HOPE we can beat them enough times to get us promoted. With the talent available to us we should be able to do a bit more than rely on hope.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:57 pm

At the end of the day us the fans are the paying customer, the manager and team are the product and are providing us with the service, at times that service is unacceptable so the paying customer has the right to express their opinion and disapproval of the service being provided.

Each and every customer or fan will have a difference of opinion about the service being provided, its just how each and every customer decides to react to the product they are provided with.

Every individual who has payed for the service is a fan, and in my eyes there is no such thing as a REAL fan, if you have payed your dues then regardless who you are your a paying customer and therefore are a fan.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:00 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:

No, that's "bollux"

O.k mate, maybe im negative but can you blame me? We've no divine right to 'think' we can just turn up and get 3 points either! or do you think we should? As it stands and on 'form' we'll be lucky to make the play-offs, is that acceptable of a team whom's highest earner is on 90k a week? I dont think so mate!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:03 pm

It's about time Jones and the players gave back the effort the fans give week in week out! What I saw today was a disgrace yet the fans didn't boo the team, neither did I bit the more I think about it I wish I had! These players and managers are wrapped up in cotton wool and need some home truths, we are a bunch of overpaid bottling primadonas who expect teams to fall over without putting any effort in! Unless their is a dramatic change of attitude we won't go up, jones has complained about the fans, messageboards, media, pitches etc etc look in the mirror and take sone responsibility! Man the f**k up and take us up! If you doubt you can do it then go NOW!!!!!!

Re: " GET BEHIND JONES AND JAY! "

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:52 pm

I think what Annis is saying is that your were being hypocritical, one minute slating jones the next sucking him off!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:54 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:I think what Annis is saying is that your were being hypocritical, one minute slating jones the next sucking him off!

ive never once slated him?

i will if he doesnt take us up this season but i havent yet

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:00 am

scott_ccfc wrote:
NinianSHEEP wrote:I think what Annis is saying is that your were being hypocritical, one minute slating jones the next sucking him off!

Read wrong comment :oops:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 am

How can you expect people to get behind Dave Jones he is probably the most hated manager of all time i ask the question WHY does he play players out of position,will not drop players when they should be and plays Mcfail and whitts in the middle when 23000 people know they cant play togeather.
:evil:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:05 am

NinianSHEEP wrote:
scott_ccfc wrote:

Read wrong comment :oops:

no worries mate

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:18 am

I have had a think, to be fair to Scott, I think Scott was trying to Unite All of us, but said a few wrong words, So maybe I went over the top, its DJ's Fault :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The worst being a real fan concerning Dave Jones :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:Scott ccfc

Scott,

There's no such thing as a real fan.

We're all just a bunch of deluded fools who are stupid enough to fork out hard earned cash to watch a bunch of halfwits kick a ball around a patch of grass for an hour and a half.

I wouldn't swap it for the world but feck me, it gets tiring at times.

I feel about 50 years old sat here tonight, exasperated with some of the players, some of the manager's tactics, some of the fans, a little bit of everything really.

I'll be reet by next Saturday at 3pm of course.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:54 am

DaveSheffield wrote:

Scott,

We're all just a bunch of deluded fools who are stupid enough to fork out hard earned cash to watch a bunch of halfwits kick a ball around a patch of grass for an hour and a half.

I feel about 50 years old sat here tonight, exasperated with some of the players, some of the manager's tactics, some of the fans, a little bit of everything really.

:lol: :ayatollah:

True Words Dave :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:11 am

DaveSheffield wrote:

Scott,

i wouldnt want dave jones`s job or any of the players! ... we can be right b**tards when we start to get pissed off! ... although they do F**KING DESERVE IT!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:37 am

How do you know the players are behind Dave Jones - if he's had to organise a lock in to "work out what's in the players minds", that hardly suggests they are fully behind him, does it?

Historical performance can be a good indicator of future performance.

Hint; every season, an end of season slump. Wolves, romping the division, failing to go up. Every season, DJ run sides fall away - promotions being the rarity.

Hence, probability says we'll blow it - again.

Amateur psychologists. Gotta love them.

Some of those who booed support the team in the manner you want. I realise you're a real fan, albeit with an elitist chip on their shoulder, but people have the right to boo - you can agree or disagree with that, but it's frankly irrelevant.

We're still in the mix due to other teams dropping points.

If they hadn't, care to enlighten us as to where we'd be in the table?

We need to focus on what WE do, not other teams. 2 wins the last 3 games, we'd be in second with a gap. Instead we're fighting to even stay in playoffs.

Ah yes, everyone will suddenly love him. I suspect that's wishful thinking on your part in a desparate attempt to bolster your point, to be honest.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:54 am

Ill get behind jones and ram something so far up his arse his hands will have to come out of his pockets :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:33 pm

beddau blue wrote:

Ill get behind jones and ram something so far up his arse his hands will have to come out of his pockets :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:18 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Scott,

All im saying is that, in my opinion, the real fans should be doing what would actually help the club most and be a bit more positive, and play their part...

i havent even said here whether i think Jones is a brilliant/poor manager or what... BUT... my point is, that i will get behind him until i see whether or not he does take us up... because me or you dont know whether he will... so what good does getting on his back do? and what good does the booing at the ground, or abusing bothroyd do?

it doesnt do any good

and to answer about me being a real fan, ive had a season ticket every single year since having a job to be able to afford one, havent missed a home game in i think 9 years now... and havent missed an away game on a day which i havent had to work in the morning...

but anyway, i didnt post this topic to argue with anyone, or question whether people have a right to have an opinion....
literally just to point out, that i think real fans should get 100% behind Jones until we know which division were going to be playing in next season

because i genuinely believe the people who arent are creativing a negative atmosphere at the ground, making the players nervous to make a mistake, and seriously messing up our promotion hopes, way more than Jones or anyone else is

I have read your post and the replies! I think you are spot on mate, those who were cheering when it was announced that Bothroyd was subbed and then to boo him are a disgrace! It was cringeworthy at best, our top scorer has yes not been on form thats clear to see! I thought he did ok on Sunday and just because he did not chase a lost cause, most of the Ninian were shouting at him! Crazy, I would rather our players did not waste energy chasing a misplaced pass, if anything a shout at Bellamy who played the ball!

I count myself as a real fan and anyone who knows me would tell you, now lets support the boys! I thought the support was poor again on Sunday! We can still do this but as Scott says us fans can do alot more damage with the negativity shown!

As for some comments about the players not being bothered, I thought they were trying with a lack of quality to finish of some decent moves!

Reserve judgement on DJ until this season finishes, as for the comment we should sack DJ as soon we are promoted! :roll:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi Scott

What an excellent post, well said fair play, doesn`t it get you down when the fans are slagging the players off about a minute after kick-off week in week out. Everyone can see the team is not playing anywhere near its true ability or potential, how can it help by slagging off every pass and move of each player and management (some more than others).

Jay Boothroyd is a quality player, the best striker in the league when he`s on his game in my opinion! Its obvious hes going through a bad patch and now when he needs everyone`s backing and support what happens? he gets applauded for being taken off!! f*cking disgraceful

No disrespect to Parkin but he does not have 5% of Jays ABILITY, anyone can try and run round like a headless chicken for 10 minutes but that ain`t gonna achieve much! If City don`t go up this year and Jones and Boothroyd left at the end of this season City won`t finish in the top half next year

Lets wait and see then and get off their backs

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:17 pm

the two people getting stick left right and centre are the two key people in taking us up, it wont effect Jones in the slightest any stick as I firmly believe he says things so he gets the stick rather than his players (like Fergie does really). Jay though the key to our hopes, low on confidence, needing a goal and getting pathetic abuse. We always need a bad guy for some reason, was McPhail, then Hudson and now Jay.

Our manager has got things wrong, key players havent performed as they should have and our fans have been awful in recent weeks. None of them/us deserve promotion at this moment in time. I totally agree with DJ in his interview about the ground feeling nervy and it has for months and did at Palace away (first time it has away IMO).

IF we dont go up people will blame DJ and I think they will have a point, some will blame the players and have a point but IMO the fans will be just as much to blame.

I still we will go up but will be despite our fans rather than because of them and thats so so so very sad to say.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:the two people getting stick left right and centre are the two key people in taking us up, it wont effect Jones in the slightest any stick as I firmly believe he says things so he gets the stick rather than his players (like Fergie does really). Jay though the key to our hopes, low on confidence, needing a goal and getting pathetic abuse. We always need a bad guy for some reason, was McPhail, then Hudson and now Jay.

Our manager has got things wrong, key players havent performed as they should have and our fans have been awful in recent weeks. None of them/us deserve promotion at this moment in time. I totally agree with DJ in his interview about the ground feeling nervy and it has for months and did at Palace away (first time it has away IMO).

IF we dont go up people will blame DJ and I think they will have a point, some will blame the players and have a point but IMO the fans will be just as much to blame.

I still we will go up but will be despite our fans rather than because of them and thats so so so very sad to say.

Sadly spot in.