Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: were the idiots booing Bothroyd???

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:44 pm

blueheaven wrote:I was talking about Bothroyd last night with my Son and i said right you have a choice Bothroyd or Parkin to start the next 2-3 games and we both agreed on ability it's Bothroyd every time. However if you have ability you still have to work and put in the effort and this is where Bothroyd let's himself down :(

A lot of fans were getting frustrated yesterday and although i don't agree with the booing and didn't join in; after he was booed he seemed to up his workrate and look more effective. I agree with anothe poster Jay as the ability to play in the Premiership but i don't think he has the desire application or work rate that is needed.

I remember watching Drogba (a player i have never liked) play against us at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup and his work rate was outstanding and he was prepared to chase lost causes and close down defenders something Jay needs to introduce to his game.

with 9 games to go Jays performances could be the key to Promotion or failiure and Dave Jones as a real problem because if he drops Bothroyd he's likely to sulk and under perform for the rest of the season knowing he can join another Club in the summer.

Bothroyd has been in terms of ability one of the best strikers i have seen in all my years watching City but he should watch some videos of Carl Dale and Geoff Hemmerman to pick up some tips on work rate. ;)

So my message to Bothroyd is this..... Although the games are slipping away you still have the opportunity to become a City legend all you have to do is put in 100% effort for the next 9 games cut out the moaning stay on your feet and your natural ability will take care of the rest :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well said make, talking a lot of sense fair play to u :ayatollah: