Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

were the idiots booing Bothroyd???

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Obviously I'm pissed off like everyone with todays result and performance. But who the hell were the clowns booing Bothroyd today? He clearly tried harder today, even staying on his feet more! It was 1 of his better games since the injury and yet still some 'fans' boo him!!

Some fans once they make up there mind with a player just are waiting for him to make a mistake.

'Blue eyed boy' Bellamyn hit a 10 yard pass 5 yards wide of Bothroyd and Bothroyd gets booed!!

Pathetic!!

Rant over!

Re: were the idiots booing Bothroyd???

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:06 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Obviously I'm pissed off like everyone with todays result and performance. But who the hell were the clowns booing Bothroyd today? He clearly tried harder today, even staying on his feet more! It was 1 of his better games since the injury and yet still some 'fans' boo him!!

Some fans once they make up there mind with a player just are waiting for him to make a mistake.

'Blue eyed boy' Bellamyn hit a 10 yard pass 5 yards wide of Bothroyd and Bothroyd gets booed!!

Pathetic!!

Rant over!

You shouldnt boo yr own players however Jay deserved every bit of stick thrown at him on 2 occasions
1. When he fell over looking for a free kick in 1st half
2. In 2nd half when ball was misplaced and he stood there and watched it go out. He could easily have got it.

Since his england call up he has done bugger all.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:08 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Obviously I'm pissed off like everyone with todays result and performance. But who the hell were the clowns booing Bothroyd today? He clearly tried harder today, even staying on his feet more! It was 1 of his better games since the injury and yet still some 'fans' boo him!!

Pathetic!!

Rant over!

completely agree with you there mate. Our fans are disgraceful!!!! Had people moaning at players today around me again so looked up to see how far into the game we were and the clock was 2 mins 38 secs!!!

Our fans are shocking!!! After the last few seasons we should be grateful that we have a club and grateful where the culb is. yes results like this are frustrating, but the treatment we are giving to the players is only adding the pressure they are under and hastening further mistakes etc. The attitude of the fans and many on this board is seriously starting to dampen my enjoyment of watching the City

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:08 pm

once again he dived looking for a whistle and when it didn't come he had a pout. i didn't boo but i did feel like it.
he needs to be dropped out of the matchday squad, and before you say he's our best player, he isn't.
he goes down quicker than a £2 hooker and keeps getting caught offside.
if you watch the other players they all have a go at him at some point during the game over his theatrics.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Fully agree with the post, sadly there were thousands at it today after he made an error near the ninian stand, and when he then came towards the canton a few minutes later hundreds abusing him. These people really p**** me off , Im not happy with the way hes playing and think hes lost the plot but whilst hes on the pitch in a city shirt I will support him. The boooooooooooo culture now is getting out of control its like going to watch the christians slaughted at the collieseum these days. Support the team ffs :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:12 pm

bothroyd and bellamy played shite and if people pay there money at the turnstiles
they are entitled to boo or cheer the pklayers the players have got to take the praise
with the critism and get on with the job.
if the booing is getting to them they should be going out there an proving a point and show passion
while they are wearing the badge which some are not doing

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:13 pm

He was an absolute waste of a shirt today. If I want to boo the over paid primadonna, I fuckin will cos I help pay his massive wage!

If I had a 10th his ability I promise You'd clap me off cos I've got passion and desire. He has not

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Didn't think he went down too easily today, but I was p!ssed off with him for getting caught offside so often, as it kept on taking the pressure off them! :evil: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Fully desreved it today in my opinion, Not working hard enough thats all us city fans want to see is a tryer who gives his all.
Sorry Jay didn't and doesn't so no sympathy from me.Deserves a spell on the bench. :evil:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:17 pm

best part of the game was when jay went off

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fook him lazy tw*t do him good to be dropped

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:18 pm

i don't care how bad a a pleyer is, i will never boo a player for lack of ability.

But lack of effort is unforgiveable, when that misplaced pass went past jay, he just gave up, compare that with bellers, chops etc who chase every last cause. Promotion is so close it's unbelievable that every player is not straining every last sinew, squeezing every drop of ability/effort from themselves to achieve their goals!

And when Jay stands there wayching the ball trundling past him, he deserves a mouthful, or hey, maybe i'm old fashioned in 'expecting a player to run till he drops for his team. If a player can't be bothered to try, he can damn well expect to be booed.

And i stayed till the end, supporting the boys and jay till the final whistle, then clapped 'em off.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:18 pm

Don't agree with booing but to be fair he seemed to up his workrate after that though

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Pathetic!!

Rant over!

The service to the attackers is non existent. Burke best player again Today when he came on. Mcphail tried hard, Bellamy hasn`t done much last 2 months. Boothroyd is the best striker in my opinion in the league, he wins 90% of the balls played to him in the air and has excellent feet & vision, trouble is some fans who have probably never played the game in their life expect him to flick the ball on and then chase the ball he has won cos the other players are not good enough to read the game or are to slow. Jay does look lethargic on times but must be feeling demoralised after all the abuse he gets.Nobody could blame him if he leaves for another club in the summer and becomes a instant huge success which I have no doubt that he would, he will get in any side in the championship and 75% of the current premier league sides. I believe if there was a poll for championship defenders or mangers to vote for the best striker they have come up against i`m sure Boothroyd would be right up there. Today THAT was f*cking DISGRACEFUL clapping when he was replaced by a player who couldn`t lace his f*cking boots, a tryer who has a physical presence and about 5% of Boothroyds ability. Every current game the so called SUPPORTERS (WHO BY THE WAY ARE THERE TO SUPPORT THE TEAM) are slagging off nearly the whole team & management as the game kicks off, why don`t these f*cking idiots stay in the pub. Without Jay Boothroyd at the club we will be lucky to finish mid-table so give the boy a break, Burke should also be playing every week.

Rant over

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Bothroyd was awful today. A few times he was too slow coming back from an offside position meaning our players had to slow the pace of the game. And when Bellamy run onto the ball in the first half and had that penalty shout, Bothroyd. Didn't even make an attempt to run into the box. Lazy git.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:24 pm

I hope the anti-Jay posters will remember this when he has scored a few goals between now and the end of the season-then gets signed up by a premier league club.

I guess you will all say he's showing a lack of loyalty then??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What are you all doing now??? :(

We all pay our money and have a choice as to what our opinion is. My opinion is that some of the fans in that ground today are clowns. Support the team ffs!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Pont-d-blue wrote:

Pathetic!!

Rant over!

The service to the attackers is non existent. Burke best player again Today when he came on. Mcphail tried hard, Bellamy hasn`t done much last 2 months. Boothroyd is the best striker in my opinion in the league, he wins 90% of the balls played to him in the air and has excellent feet & vision, trouble is some fans who have probably never played the game in their life expect him to flick the ball on and then chase the ball he has won cos the other players are not good enough to read the game or are to slow. Jay does look lethargic on times but must be feeling demoralised after all the abuse he gets.Nobody could blame him if he leaves for another club in the summer and becomes a instant huge success which I have no doubt that he would, he will get in any side in the championship and 75% of the current premier league sides. I believe if there was a poll for championship defenders or mangers to vote for the best striker they have come up against i`m sure Boothroyd would be right up there. Today THAT was f*cking DISGRACEFUL clapping when he was replaced by a player who couldn`t lace his f*cking boots, a tryer who has a physical presence and about 5% of Boothroyds ability. Every current game the so called SUPPORTERS (WHO BY THE WAY ARE THERE TO SUPPORT THE TEAM) are slagging off nearly the whole team & management as the game kicks off, why don`t these f*cking idiots stay in the pub. Without Jay Boothroyd at the club we will be lucky to finish mid-table so give the boy a break, Burke should also be playing every week.

Rant over

if a fan pays hie entrance fee he has every right to voice his opinion just like you are doing on this forum
i do not like the booing but they have every right to do it and the so called supporters pay alot of money support there team
and eppect a player to give one hundred per cent which some are not

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:27 pm

bollocks.
he would be lucky to get in the 25 man squad of a prem team.
he has been shit for weeks and if you can't see that then you need to go to specsavers, and yes i have played at a good level.
but hey ho, lets not slag off the players who get paid by the fans, who use their much needed money to pay to watch a prima donna falling on his arse all the time, he even done it on the touchline by jones when there was no fucker near him.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:31 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:I hope the anti-Jay posters will remember this when he has scored a few goals between now and the end of the season-then gets signed up by a premier league club.

I guess you will all say he's showing a lack of loyalty then??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What are you all doing now??? :(

We all pay our money and have a choice as to what our opinion is. My opinion is that some of the fans in that ground today are clowns. Support the team ffs!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bothroyd, premiership? Surely your having a laff. Dont get me wrong, its lala land there but who the hell would want him having watched fot the last 3 months

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:32 pm

jamccfc wrote:bollocks.
he would be lucky to get in the 25 man squad of a prem team.
he has been shit for weeks and if you can't see that then you need to go to specsavers, and yes i have played at a good level.
but hey ho, lets not slag off the players who get paid by the fans, who use their much needed money to pay to watch a prima donna falling on his arse all the time, he even done it on the touchline by jones when there was no fucker near him.

We'll see, he is a lot more likely to be playing premier league footie next season than CCFC are! :o

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 pm

In the second half when he couldn't be bothered to try and retrieve that misplace pass a number of fans right in front of him stood up and gave him a mouthful.

I cannot in any way say they were wrong for doing so and as Bothroyd scuttled off he had guilt written all over his face. The fact is he is coasting towards the summer when he will be out of contract and his agent has probably got a nice little earner lined up in the way of a new club.

Obviously he has a perfect right to look after his own interests but what he doesn't have the right to do is damage our own interests by not bothering. DJ should have wised up to this long ago so with 9 games to go Bothroyd shouldn't start another one unless it is absolutely necessary.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:52 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:I hope the anti-Jay posters will remember this when he has scored a few goals between now and the end of the season-then gets signed up by a premier league club.

He has been in the premier league before and failed, I think we can all see now why that is :evil:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Any person paying to watch their side play has an opinion! It is my opinion that Boothroyd is the best striker in the league and that Dave Jones is doing a good job!!

Only time will tell if my opinions are wright or wrong! nobody probably gives a f**k about them anyway!!

God help us if we were bottom of the league!! But even if we were I`d still be there supporting these people because I believe in them!!!

Can anybody tell me who you would replace Boothroyd (the scapegoat) for please??

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:02 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:53 pm

alot of our fans are a disgrace to be honest
the ones booing our top scorer this season especially

i honestly would not call them real fans

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:12 am

I didn't boo Bothroyd but I understand why some fans do. If you think fans booing him are a disgrace then I disagree, more like Bothroyd's the disgrace for not putting the effort in and the fans are getting frustrated with him. A number of times today I was shouting "come on Jay! Chase him Jay! Get up Jay etc!" If I see any City player refusing to give 100%, I am going to shout my frustrations to that player. I choose shout my frustrations, others choose to boo. Jay obviously knows some fans boo him because of his lack of effort, if he doesn't like it, then it's simply up to him to start putting the effort in and we will all be cheering and applauding his efforts then.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:27 am

He deserved to be booed! Wish we sold him during the last transfer window and brought in someone else that actually care. Didnt Birmingham offer money and Kevin Phillips? Should have taken that!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:52 am

I was talking about Bothroyd last night with my Son and i said right you have a choice Bothroyd or Parkin to start the next 2-3 games and we both agreed on ability it's Bothroyd every time. However if you have ability you still have to work and put in the effort and this is where Bothroyd let's himself down :(

A lot of fans were getting frustrated yesterday and although i don't agree with the booing and didn't join in; after he was booed he seemed to up his workrate and look more effective. I agree with anothe poster Jay as the ability to play in the Premiership but i don't think he has the desire application or work rate that is needed.

I remember watching Drogba (a player i have never liked) play against us at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup and his work rate was outstanding and he was prepared to chase lost causes and close down defenders something Jay needs to introduce to his game.

with 9 games to go Jays performances could be the key to Promotion or failiure and Dave Jones as a real problem because if he drops Bothroyd he's likely to sulk and under perform for the rest of the season knowing he can join another Club in the summer.

Bothroyd has been in terms of ability one of the best strikers i have seen in all my years watching City but he should watch some videos of Carl Dale and Geoff Hemmerman to pick up some tips on work rate. ;)

So my message to Bothroyd is this..... Although the games are slipping away you still have the opportunity to become a City legend all you have to do is put in 100% effort for the next 9 games cut out the moaning stay on your feet and your natural ability will take care of the rest :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am

blueheaven wrote:I was talking about Bothroyd last night with my Son and i said right you have a choice Bothroyd or Parkin to start the next 2-3 games and we both agreed on ability it's Bothroyd every time. However if you have ability you still have to work and put in the effort and this is where Bothroyd let's himself down :(

A lot of fans were getting frustrated yesterday and although i don't agree with the booing and didn't join in; after he was booed he seemed to up his workrate and look more effective. I agree with anothe poster Jay as the ability to play in the Premiership but i don't think he has the desire application or work rate that is needed.

I remember watching Drogba (a player i have never liked) play against us at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup and his work rate was outstanding and he was prepared to chase lost causes and close down defenders something Jay needs to introduce to his game.

with 9 games to go Jays performances could be the key to Promotion or failiure and Dave Jones as a real problem because if he drops Bothroyd he's likely to sulk and under perform for the rest of the season knowing he can join another Club in the summer.

Bothroyd has been in terms of ability one of the best strikers i have seen in all my years watching City but he should watch some videos of Carl Dale and Geoff Hemmerman to pick up some tips on work rate. ;)

So my message to Bothroyd is this..... Although the games are slipping away you still have the opportunity to become a City legend all you have to do is put in 100% effort for the next 9 games cut out the moaning stay on your feet and your natural ability will take care of the rest :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I remember when Chopra was with us first time round. His work rate was incredible, far better than since he has een back; either on loan or permanently. I'm not sure if it is more a tactical decision to leave the strikers up the pitch to catch teams on the break and with the direct ball rather then have them aidin the midfield and defense in their duties.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Fully agree with the post, sadly there were thousands at it today after he made an error near the ninian stand, and when he then came towards the canton a few minutes later hundreds abusing him. These people really p**** me off , Im not happy with the way hes playing and think hes lost the plot but whilst hes on the pitch in a city shirt I will support him. The boooooooooooo culture now is getting out of control its like going to watch the christians slaughted at the collieseum these days. Support the team ffs :ayatollah:

Perhaps if they gave us something to cheer about then they would get more support.The CCS was rocking after we scored our second but the players managed to spoil the atmosphere by losing concentration and conceding some 4 mins later.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Pathetic!!

Rant over!

Totally agree with you m8, there were a few in the family stand always getting on his back, think they have a short memory, he is our top scorer after all, all this booing can't being doing any good for there moral.

We all need to get behind the team for the final push. :)