Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Team For Next Game...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Based on today's performance and result my team for the next game would be...

4-5-1/4-3-3

GK: Bywater (although I'd strongly consider Brown)
DR: Quinn
DL: McNaughton
DC: Keinan
DC: Hudson
MC: Whittingham
MC: Olofinjana
MC: JET
AMR: Burke
AML: Bellamy
FC: Bothroyd

Just as Bothroyd was starting to turn things around, Jones subs him off! Typical!I thought McPhail didn't really offer anything whilst JET looked completely out of it too, however, I would have kept him on and brought McPhail off for Oli.

Bellamy looked a lot better today and Burke was back to his old self again. Great cross for the goal. I actually thought Whittingham did well today as well. Won a few headers!

I know the immediate reaction is 'we're fucked because we can't hold onto leads and we looked short on ideas and innovation today'. However, I still have faith and I will until it is mathematically impossible. I think we need to start with this team though. With Chopra out it's been proven that Bellamy isn't at his best down the middle whilst Bothroyd and Parkin can't play together.

Any thoughts on this lads? Agree or disagree? If so, for either, why?

Re: My Team For Next Game...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Bywater had two efforts to save and they both went in, coupled with the Bullard goals, I would send him back to Pride Park !

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Zabier wrote:Based on today's performance and result my team for the next game would be...

4-5-1/4-3-3

GK: Bywater (although I'd strongly consider Brown)
DR: Quinn
DL: McNaughton
DC: Keinan
DC: Hudson
MC: Whittingham
MC: Olofinjana
MC: JET
AMR: Burke
AML: Bellamy
FC: Bothroyd

Just as Bothroyd was starting to turn things around, Jones subs him off! Typical!I thought McPhail didn't really offer anything whilst JET looked completely out of it too, however, I would have kept him on and brought McPhail off for Oli.

Bellamy looked a lot better today and Burke was back to his old self again. Great cross for the goal. I actually thought Whittingham did well today as well. Won a few headers!

I know the immediate reaction is 'we're fucked because we can't hold onto leads and we looked short on ideas and innovation today'. However, I still have faith and I will until it is mathematically impossible. I think we need to start with this team though. With Chopra out it's been proven that Bellamy isn't at his best down the middle whilst Bothroyd and Parkin can't play together.

Any thoughts on this lads? Agree or disagree? If so, for either, why?

Disagree with your comment that Bothroyd was turning things around as he was shyte today and should not start next game. Bywater should have done better and inspires no confidence at all,so I would take a punt on Brown even if he is only 5 ft tall.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:46 pm

GK Bywater
RB Super Kev
LB Whitts
CH Hudson
CH Keinan
DM Blake
CM Oli
LW Bellers
RW Burke
CF Beast
AM jET

I would push Super Kev and Whitts as far forward as possible and get as many crosses in as possible.
With Beast,Jet,Oli in the box the surely we should head a few goals.

With Blake playing as a destroyer infront of the back four then we should be safe against the counter attack.