Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Players stopped us losing today

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:29 pm

The players, individually, tried hard and played as well(bar one or two) as can be given the circumstances. We wouldve lost if it wasn't for them.

The circumstances being, Dave Jones. The team just aren't set up correctly in any way, and there's only so much the players can do themselves within those confines.

Re: Players stopped us losing today

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:33 pm

You are pissed! DJ did nothing wrong today! Players were a f*cking disgrace not one of them gave 100% and they should be ashamed!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:41 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:You are pissed! DJ did nothing wrong today! Players were a f*cking disgrace not one of them gave 100% and they should be ashamed!

Agree with you mate and disagree with you Tyler, Jones should have started with Oli as if fit for bench should be fit enough to start.Oli with Whitts or Mcphail alongside him.
We played 442 which is best formation for the players we have and we were at home, Players just did not work hard enough and want to win simple as that.Barnsley were another average team to visit the CCS and should have easily been picked off.
Jones should have taken Whitts or Mcphail off when Oli came on and kept Jet out wide as is more of a threat goibg forward from wide positions.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:49 pm

So the players scored 2 goals because they didn't want to win enough?

We have played far worse this season and won, or drawn, but people have not batted an eyelid. We let in 2 goals not because of the players lack of work rate or willingness to win, but because we have an unbalanced midfield that YET AGAIN provided little to no protection for our defence. And that is not the players faults, but the man who bought them in the first placed and assembled "OUR BEST SQUAD EVER".

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:49 pm

they stoped us winning to :lol: i agree olofinjana should have started :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:58 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:The players, individually, tried hard and played as well(bar one or two) as can be given the circumstances. We wouldve lost if it wasn't for them.

The circumstances being, Dave Jones. The team just aren't set up correctly in any way, and there's only so much the players can do themselves within those confines.

Adam, I know for a fact they are not playing for their Manager, I would hope that Carl will tell all in his update on Tuesday night, but thats up to him.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:The players, individually, tried hard and played as well(bar one or two) as can be given the circumstances. We wouldve lost if it wasn't for them.

Adam, I know for a fact they are not playing for their Manager, I would hope that Carl will tell all in his update on Tuesday night, but thats up to him.

It seems that they're not only not playing for their manager they are not playing for themselves and certainly not playing for the fans!

Annis, you seem to have some inside information here - please spill the beans! We all know Carl's updates have become a lot less controversial since his employment by the Echo! :lol:

So this board is relying upon you now to fill us in on the more interesting gossip that you may hear.

Don't let us down! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:38 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:You are pissed! DJ did nothing wrong today! Players were a f*cking disgrace not one of them gave 100% and they should be ashamed!

Nah.

It hasn't just been today that results have gone wrong. Or this season. One consistant factor - Jones.

The same things that went wrong today are the same that we've suffered from during poor runs of form this season - lack of a balanced midfield offering no protection to defence nor controlling midfield.. Hence Ramsey here, we win. No Ramsey, no wins.

As I have said, AS TALENTED A SQUAD AS WE HAVE, there is only so much each player can do indivudually when there is no direction from above, or indeed if they do not play for that manager. If there was, then there would be NO need for football managers, the 11 players could just organise themselves as they see fit. If there was, then we would've won today. As it is, we did well to draw given probable lack of direction from a manager be it the lack of managerial know how or just the players closing their ears to the Scouse clown.

Although a lot of people on here share the same view as me about Jones lack of ability, I think he barely suffers from the wrath of our fans at matches. We need to get off some players backs at matches, and focus on Jones (if we are going to boo people).

DAVE JONES, as manager of our club, is our greatest threat against ourselves.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:40 pm

We don't play as a team mate, thats where we are fucked.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:44 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:We don't play as a team mate, thats where we are fucked.

It's his job to get them to do that, it'd be lovely if they could do it amongst themselves, but it doesn't work like that. Thankfully, there was still enough effort to get two goals, otherwise we could have been talking of a loss.

Regardless, we shouldn't be getting upset about this tonight, we should be on the same wavelength as qpr thinking about next season in the premiership...that's if we had a different manager :(

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:17 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

It's his job to get them to do that, it'd be lovely if they could do it amongst themselves, but it doesn't work like that. Thankfully, there was still enough effort to get two goals, otherwise we could have been talking of a loss.

Regardless, we shouldn't be getting upset about this tonight, we should be on the same wavelength as qpr thinking about next season in the premiership...that's if we had a different manager :(

We threw it away fella :) the goals we scored weren't equalisers they put us in front all we had to do was defend. :)

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:19 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

We threw it away fella :) the goals we scored weren't equalisers they put us in front all we had to do was defend. :)

I know what you mean, agree in fact. The way I see it really, if we had a different manager, then the players would've defended the first lead we had, never mind the second. That's what it all boils down to

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:23 pm

where is the team spirit? Tyler i agree with you mate, but would u agree that it looks like a bunch of individuals not a team>?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:25 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:where is the team spirit? Tyler i agree with you mate, but would u agree that it looks like a bunch of individuals not a team>?

Definitely, that's what it is.

What I'm trying to say is, be it the players ignoring DJ or just not being managed correctly by him, it's hard to foster that type of team spirit (if that makes sense)

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:30 pm

To me then 'personally' it looks like backlash not what u want to see or hear, but i have an insight means im a fully qualified manager.