Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALI ON THE MIC........

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:29 pm

One thing that did make me laugh today was in the 2nd half today when he hung out of the window and banged his microphone to the sound of the city chant.

1 thing that did make me smile :D

Re: ALI ON THE MIC........

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:31 pm

class fairplay :lol:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:32 pm

How long will we have to put up with the welsh nonsense !

Less than 1% of the home support understand him, 0 % of the away support understand him, the chairman doesn't understand him, but still he persists !

Is he paid by the word down CCS ?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:33 pm

The Trooper wrote:How long will we have to put up with the welsh nonsense !

Less than 1% of the home support understand him, 0 % of the away support understand him, the chairman doesn't understand him, but still he persists !

Disagree, we're a welsh club. deal with it.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:34 pm

milly44 wrote:One thing that did make me laugh today was in the 2nd half today when he hung out of the window and banged his microphone to the sound of the city chant.

Ali and I spoke about this when I went to the devils match a couple of weeks ago and he told me that the Derby PA used to do it.

They are not allowed to play music or talk over the microphone when the game is in play so he done the microphone thumping instead, class :ayatollah:

here we go again, :roll:

Got bigger things to worry about than that, if you dont like it, dont listen

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Yes we are a Welsh club, we are a welsh nation, but yet again the minority rule !

I speak as one of the majority of non welsh speakers who had to have S4C on my tv instead of channel four to appease the minority !

Why talk in welsh when the majority of the crowd have to wait for him to speak in English so we can understand him !

By the time we know how much injury time is being played, half of it is over !

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Didn't like the way he said "10 games to go until promotion" prior to kick off. He may of been just trying to be positive but to me backed up the fact that too many at the club feel we just have to turn up and it will happen for us.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:45 pm

The Trooper wrote:Yes we are a Welsh club, we are a welsh nation, but yet again the minority rule !

I speak as one of the majority of non welsh speakers who had to have S4C on my tv instead of channel four to appease the minority !

Why talk in welsh when the majority of the crowd have to wait for him to speak in English so we can understand him !

Bigger things to worry about than this mate. Just get behind the team for f*cks sake :evil:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:48 pm

ALI IS EMBARRESING.

What's with speaking welsh first? i bet there's is about 5 people in the crowd of 23,000 who actually understand him.
His corny jokes are terrbile. If i had my way, he'd be the second person to leave this club after Jones.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:52 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:ALI IS EMBARRESING.

What's with speaking welsh first? i bet there's is about 5 people in the crowd of 23,000 who actually understand him.
His corny jokes are terrbile. If i had my way, he'd be the second person to leave this club after Jones.

not being funny but its fans like you we dont need ! piss me off .

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:53 pm

milly44 wrote:One thing that did make me laugh today was in the 2nd half today when he hung out of the window and banged his microphone to the sound of the city chant.

Fair do's milly he tried to get atmosphere going when it was very quiet, It worked for about 1 minute :evil:
Very poor atmosphere once again at the CCS. :(

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:54 pm

bleed_blue wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:ALI IS EMBARRESING.

not being funny but its fans like you we dont need ! piss me off .

trust me, there's plenty of fans like me out there.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:59 pm

I wandered what that was it sounded like a massive drum :lol: Why are people knocking Ali i don't understand it he is fantastic on the Mic so lay off. So whats the problem with Ali speaking Welsh ? i dont speak Welsh but i aint got a problem with it.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Hate the Welsh language with a passion. Cardiff is an English speaking City. This stupid need by the weak who think if they speak Welsh, there more Welsh than me. f**k the stupid sounding language

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Nice try by Ali to get some atmosphere.

I am not against the Welsh announcements either , I was glad to know we had pedwar minutes remaining , and I'm not fluent

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Born in Wales, Bread in wales as far back as great grand parents and beyond and ive no interest in the welsh language.

Its out of date,ugly and gutteral and makes us look and sound f*cking stupid if you ask me, The welsh accent is all you need.

Personally if given the chance id shuve that Mic where the sun doesnt shine and get someone with a bit more tact and inteligence on the Mic.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:17 pm

I didn't go to the game today due to work :evil: i come home and come on here and Ali is having a hard time.Who next i wonder.And i think Ali is the man carry on and do what you do at least your positive EVERY game. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Aikendrum wrote:Born in Wales, Bread in wales as far back as great grand parents and beyond and ive no interest in the welsh language.

Its out of date,ugly and gutteral and makes us look and sound f*cking stupid if you ask me, The welsh accent is all you need.

Personally if given the chance id shuve that Mic where the sun doesnt shine and get someone with a bit more tact and inteligence on the Mic.

Each to their own , I like a sense of nationalistic pride. Men Of Harlech is a great song for us Welsh (altho Ali plays the English version) , not a prob with that. And if Ali tells me there are pedwar minutes to go I don't struggle to understand and within seconds he tells our English only counterparts .... so everyone knows. Not a prob ?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:10 pm

I thought it was funny, where in the ground is he actually situated????

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Aikendrum wrote:Born in Wales, Bread in wales as far back as great grand parents and beyond and ive no interest in the welsh language.

You were bread in wales? :lol:

Quite a narrow minded view mate, Welsh language is as old as us welsh. Nothing wrong with it, whats the matter with saying the Welsh second before the English, nobody can be that inpatient.

No need to attack him, he's done nothing to you, trying to provide a little entertainment in the middle of a dismal game.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Nice to see him trying to get some sort of atmosphere going.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 pm

The Trooper wrote:Yes we are a Welsh club, we are a welsh nation, but yet again the minority rule !

if thats all that bothers you, GET A FUCKIN LIFE :roll:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Our fans are bottleing it too, it seems. Jesus wept, berate a man for speaking the language of Wales, woe betide. :twisted:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:57 pm

We're a welsh club, you idiot.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:03 pm

the guy is a clown , he shud walk with dj

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:06 pm

And you think this thread doesn't? It's our heritage you are doing down here. Do you also want to scrap the national flag and the flag of St David?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:27 pm

Well the answer for all you anti-Welsh bastards?

f**k off to England and support a team from England, where they all speak English and you won't have to suffer any Welsh things any more.
Takes a whole 5 seconds out of your day to hear the language of your country and you antagonise about it...simple answer if you can't stand the 'heat' get out of the kitchen!

I swear people LOOK for something to complain about on this board!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:14 am

littlebluebird wrote:Well the answer for all you anti-Welsh bastards?

f**k off to England and support a team from England, where they all speak English and you won't have to suffer any Welsh things any more.
Takes a whole 5 seconds out of your day to hear the language of your country and you antagonise about it...simple answer if you can't stand the 'heat' get out of the kitchen!

I swear people LOOK for something to complain about on this board!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: well said