Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The atmosphere

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Atmosphere is truly shocking. You could have heard a pin drop for most of the game.
The performance was as flat as the atmosphere.
Whittinghams goal, absolute class, best goal this season.

Match day experience is just not enjoyable at CCS. Pathetic

Re: The atmosphere

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Spot on. Would never of had that at Ninian Park. There would of been an incredible atmosphere and i'm sure it would of helped the players get through the game

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Richie wrote:Spot on. Would never of had that at Ninian Park. There would of been an incredible atmosphere and i'm sure it would of helped the players get through the game

If you're being sarcastic, which I presume you are, then my answer to you is, no the atmosphere probably wouldn't have been 'incredible' at NP but I'm 100% certain it'd be better than that crock of shit today. Personally for me I preferred match days at NP a million times more.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:32 pm

support reached an all time low for me today,truly shocking it matched the attitude and desire of the players

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:33 pm

I can not remember nearly falling a sleep before thankfully Whits woke me up as the first 20 minutes was like in slow motion bloody terrible ..

As you said the game was poor but the atmosphere was dreadful too

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Ninian Park has gone, move on!
I don't blame the majority of fans for not singing the way we've played recently.
If ur so insistant on singing join a choir.
It winds me up that so many people are more worried about singing and creating an atmosphere than how the team are performing on the pitch.
Most of these new type stadia are the same and the atmosphere will never be the same as the old traditional grounds and thats it!! Deal with it!!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:39 pm

I am a season ticket holder in the family stand but moved today to the canton so that I could bring someone with me for the ten pond tix deal. Fair play they tried getting it going in there but the performance on the pitch meant it was never going to be sustained.
I dont think we had a shot until Whits scored....truly awful today with no idea to play football. Long ball shite.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:42 pm

For me, the atmosphere is a direct reflection of the team & the way they play.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:46 pm

simon76 wrote:Ninian Park has gone, move on!
I don't blame the majority of fans for not singing the way we've played recently.
If ur so insistant on singing join a choir.
It winds me up that so many people are more worried about singing and creating an atmosphere than how the team are performing on the pitch.
Most of these new type stadia are the same and the atmosphere will never be the same as the old traditional grounds and thats it!! Deal with it!!

Like it or not the atmosphere is something that attracted a lot of people to watch the football back in the day. I'll always go no matter what but I miss the atmosphere building up before the game. Before you get on your high horse of course what matters to me most is the performance and result of the team. It is definitely a more enjoyable day when it's not silent for most of the match though.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:03 am

The stewards have to take a lot of blame, as well as many of our 'fans' who have no interest in helping cheer on the team, merely criticise both players and other fans.

The stewards are a disgrace and are killing atmosphere at our matches. Very rude as well