Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Dressing room lock-in

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:45 pm

bspark wrote:Are you sure it is a deliberate move, they may all be waiting for someone else to get the door. That's what they all do when there is a 50/50 ball to go for.

I'm right pissed off at the moment but that comment brought me a smile :D , so cheers bspark :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bspark wrote:Are you sure it is a deliberate move, they may all be waiting for someone else to get the door. That's what they all do when there is a 50/50 ball to go for.

I'm right pissed off at the moment but that comment brought me a smile :D , so cheers bspark :ayatollah:

Milly describing DJ as [b]"self obsessed scouse spunk stain!!"[/b] was pretty funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:18 pm

nerd wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
since 64 wrote:So he's given a bollocking to five loan signings one of which earns more in a week than the last centre forward he signed,and two more who's contracts run out at the end of the season and are on their way.Yeah thats gonna work innit.

so are you suggesting he does f**k all then?

No the point being that giving a bollocking to players with no long term future at the club, hence little to no emotional investment in the club may not be effective. Especially if they don't share Carl's appreciation of Jones' talents. Whatever they are.

?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:21 pm

castleblue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Milly describing DJ as [b]"self obsessed scouse spunk stain!!"[/b] was pretty funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I didn't realise that was a joke Castle :o I thought Milly was making a serious assessment of DJ's psychological profile ;)

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Interesting point this because i heard a sports journo saying that the problem with wenger at the moment is he is afraid to let heads roll and blames refs,poor decisions,etc etc etc.They feel the players now feel they are in an almost untouchable bubble and they are without blame.DOES SOMETHING SOUND FAMILIAR HERE!!!.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:26 pm

troobloo wrote:Interesting point this because i heard a sports journo saying that the problem with wenger at the moment is he is afraid to let heads roll and blames refs,poor decisions,etc etc etc.They feel the players now feel they are in an almost untouchable bubble and they are without blame.DOES SOMETHING SOUND FAMILIAR HERE!!!.

Wenger has always done that though.

As has Jones.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Things need to be sorted sooner rather than later, at times today the players looked like strangers, no fight, no passion and the atmosphere was shit again, it's all good and well slating jonesy but some of the players need to pull there f*cking fingers out and fight for the cause!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Frankly 11 defeats and 4th in the table is an awful return for a season in which we have had heavy investment in the playing squad and MR JONES is making a sows ear from a silk purse,you might say its the players and not the manager,but its the manager job to prepare and motivate the side.The manager does not command the respect of the players,you should want to run over hot coals for your gaffer and when this group look at this mumbling,lathergic guy stood in front of them they do not have respect for him,they do not hang on his every word or trust his tactics,its enough just to listen to one on the guys media interviews because he dosnt inspire me,he looks half shagged out!!
His tactics are shocking he is a like for like guy,he dosnt know how to change a game and that is backed up and strengthened by our awful record at trying to turn results around.He is arrogant towards the fans and the media and when things are going wrong always seems to blame someone else rather than having a good long hard look at the number 1.His treatment of players like adam matthews is an absolute disgrace,the players need a leader a man's man someone to lift the players because his 'it's my way or the highway attitude is rubbing off on the playing squad.
Not dissputing what he has done for the City or even that he's been our most successful manager in recent years and id thank him for that,but Jonesy is not the man for Cardiff City and hasnt been for about 2 years now,he is draining the club with his more than hefty salary and for the thousands he does pocket our progress is not good enough,the guy has been to comfortable for to long.We are now in the midst of the usual end of season collapse under him,if we do not go up this season then yes he will go,but what then?he gets his pay off and buggers of to another job and leaves us with a golden squad to be ripped apart with heavy wages and we must start again still balancing this debt!!
He should have gone at xmas and given an energetic,enthusiastic manager a crack for half the money but now we could end up in a shit or bust postion.You can even pick holes in his signings,yes he's unearted some jems but i think a lot of the shit he's brought in can be to easily forgotten.gone of working on a shoe string Jonesy can't hide behind that excuse this season.When the pressure is on, the big games, the derby games he consistantly fluffs his lines,and that goes for his different squads and players over the seasons,so how can it come down to this group of players??yes they can aportion the blame to the players but they are not being managed or motivated,they look confussed on times like there is no structure,even bellamy is starting to look like a championship player under him.He is clueless and tactically neive.Dalglish at Liverpool is living proof you can turn a group of players around and how key the managers role is,he commands respect,works hard,get stuck in,says the right things,talks to the media and unites the fans and players,he shows passion!!
I wish the players all the best for the remaining games and for Cardiff City and fans i hope i do have egg on my face and go up,maybe more by lucky than judgement,but to come down to the situation where we are reliant at looking at others results and having hand outs and time after time looking a gift horse in the mouth and bottling it is a disgrace!He will never be the man for the city iv had it with him!!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:18 pm

great first post mate. find myself agreeing with every word...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:22 pm

castleblue wrote:DJ has just said they have had a discussion to try and find out what is going on in the players heads, he wouldn't say anything else because "What's said in the dressing room stays in the dressing room at this football club"

Ask Adam Matthews about that bullshit statement from our great leader. Unbelieveable :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ah so... its definitely the players then. Jones got in the best players in the division
he's got the best squad, but YET AGAIN lady luck has let HIM down... because none
of the team have got any bollocks, they cant play together, have no fight in them,
no team spirit, no cohesion.

How unlucky is poor Dave Jones eh?

Brilliant manager he is, Brilliant.

Those pesky players have let HIM down again

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Great post mate, Welcome aboard :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:30 pm

bailers wrote:Frankly 11 defeats and 4th in the table is an awful return for a season in which we have had heavy investment in the playing squad and MR JONES is making a sows ear from a silk purse,you might say its the players and not the manager,but its the manager job to prepare and motivate the side.The manager does not command the respect of the players,you should want to run over hot coals for your gaffer and when this group look at this mumbling,lathergic guy stood in front of them they do not have respect for him,they do not hang on his every word or trust his tactics,its enough just to listen to one on the guys media interviews because he dosnt inspire me,he looks half shagged out!!
His tactics are shocking he is a like for like guy,he dosnt know how to change a game and that is backed up and strengthened by our awful record at trying to turn results around.He is arrogant towards the fans and the media and when things are going wrong always seems to blame someone else rather than having a good long hard look at the number 1.His treatment of players like adam matthews is an absolute disgrace,the players need a leader a man's man someone to lift the players because his 'it's my way or the highway attitude is rubbing off on the playing squad.
Not dissputing what he has done for the City or even that he's been our most successful manager in recent years and id thank him for that,but Jonesy is not the man for Cardiff City and hasnt been for about 2 years now,he is draining the club with his more than hefty salary and for the thousands he does pocket our progress is not good enough,the guy has been to comfortable for to long.We are now in the midst of the usual end of season collapse under him,if we do not go up this season then yes he will go,but what then?he gets his pay off and buggers of to another job and leaves us with a golden squad to be ripped apart with heavy wages and we must start again still balancing this debt!!
He should have gone at xmas and given an energetic,enthusiastic manager a crack for half the money but now we could end up in a shit or bust postion.You can even pick holes in his signings,yes he's unearted some jems but i think a lot of the shit he's brought in can be to easily forgotten.gone of working on a shoe string Jonesy can't hide behind that excuse this season.When the pressure is on, the big games, the derby games he consistantly fluffs his lines,and that goes for his different squads and players over the seasons,so how can it come down to this group of players??yes they can aportion the blame to the players but they are not being managed or motivated,they look confussed on times like there is no structure,even bellamy is starting to look like a championship player under him.He is clueless and tactically neive.Dalglish at Liverpool is living proof you can turn a group of players around and how key the managers role is,he commands respect,works hard,get stuck in,says the right things,talks to the media and unites the fans and players,he shows passion!!
I wish the players all the best for the remaining games and for Cardiff City and fans i hope i do have egg on my face and go up,maybe more by lucky than judgement,but to come down to the situation where we are reliant at looking at others results and having hand outs and time after time looking a gift horse in the mouth and bottling it is a disgrace!He will never be the man for the city iv had it with him!!

:ayatollah: Welcome!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:33 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Heads must roll , and how can we give silly goals like that away with big guys like we have Hudson Parking oli ? :ayatollah:
this performance is down to the player not DJ

Yes heads must roll. Starting with the scouser himself.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Great tip to all on the forum, saw it at Freddie Roaches Gym L.A with Amir Khan.

Part of his training he gets to smash a punchbag as hard as he can with a baseball bat for a whole minute flat out, full pelt, full throttle. That may relieve some of the tension of frustration :D :D :D

Thats whats needed at the moment so much frustration, cannot believe the last 3 games. Lets hope Norwich trip up Monday!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:42 pm

I could have locked him in the boot of my car and driven him back to West Wales the way I was feeling after the game. Really feel dejected tonight, how many more chances do we need to take second place.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:46 pm

bailers wrote:Frankly 11 defeats and 4th in the table is an awful return for a season in which we have had heavy investment in the playing squad and MR JONES is making a sows ear from a silk purse,you might say its the players and not the manager,but its the manager job to prepare and motivate the side.The manager does not command the respect of the players,you should want to run over hot coals for your gaffer and when this group look at this mumbling,lathergic guy stood in front of them they do not have respect for him,they do not hang on his every word or trust his tactics,its enough just to listen to one on the guys media interviews because he dosnt inspire me,he looks half shagged out!!

That is one hell of a first post mate! Agree with it all 100%

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:47 pm

Lets analyse the players today.

Bywater. Average keeper plugging a gap. Kicking poor and never wants to play it short. Whats that funny little dance around the ball he does before taking a kick?
Super Kev. One of the few who always gives his all. Not his fault, but injury prone and a smidge fragile. No criticism of him needed. Top lad.
Quinn Solid enough and puts a tackle in. Bit slow.
Hudson Struggled against Harewood and a little ponderous
Keinon Did well for the goal, but was outmuscled throughout the game by his opposite number
Bellamy Shadow of the player he was. tried hard. Was offside far too often. Should have scored when one on one second half. He is simply not a natural finisher. All he had to do was pass it into the net,
Whittingham Quite staggering goal. Did very little else. Should have been given the free kick that Bellers wasted at 1-0 when his tail was still up
Mcphail As in recent games started well but faded badly. Came in for some physical treatment. Needs to operate in a five man midfield or not at all
Jet Obviously has terrific ability but today was awful and in my opinion is a forward, not a midfield player. Doesn`t have the discipline to track back
Bothroyd. I really rate him, but today was pitiful. Like Bellamy, spent much of the game offside. He mistakes cool and confident for lazy and ineffective. Needs a rocket, but I feel he will never quite " get it "
Chops Not really enough time to judge, but usually at least puts in a shift.
Our players should watch a Barcelona match and see how hard they work to get the ball back. We simply sit back and hope opponents give it to us. Not good enough.
Of those ten out field players I reckon only Quinn and Hudson could be relied upon to win more than half of fifty fifty balls, and I think that is one of our biggest problems. the opposition simply want it more. I have watched Cardiff City bottle it for over 40 years, 17 of which, travelling over 100 miles from Dorset and I have had a guts full. After this season I think I will watch Poole Town and pay a fiver to watch 22 players have a go. They look like they will be getting a new ground which will be a ten minute walk from my front door. They are also in the semi final of the FA Vase, where a trip to Wembley awaits the winners. Sorry, but it`s getting too much to take.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:05 pm

lardo wrote:Lets analyse the players today.

Bywater. Average keeper plugging a gap. Kicking poor and never wants to play it short. Whats that funny little dance around the ball he does before taking a kick?
Super Kev. One of the few who always gives his all. Not his fault, but injury prone and a smidge fragile. No criticism of him needed. Top lad.
Quinn Solid enough and puts a tackle in. Bit slow.
Hudson Struggled against Harewood and a little ponderous
Keinon Did well for the goal, but was outmuscled throughout the game by his opposite number
Bellamy Shadow of the player he was. tried hard. Was offside far too often. Should have scored when one on one second half. He is simply not a natural finisher. All he had to do was pass it into the net,
Whittingham Quite staggering goal. Did very little else. Should have been given the free kick that Bellers wasted at 1-0 when his tail was still up
Mcphail As in recent games started well but faded badly. Came in for some physical treatment. Needs to operate in a five man midfield or not at all
Jet Obviously has terrific ability but today was awful and in my opinion is a forward, not a midfield player. Doesn`t have the discipline to track back
Bothroyd. I really rate him, but today was pitiful. Like Bellamy, spent much of the game offside. He mistakes cool and confident for lazy and ineffective. Needs a rocket, but I feel he will never quite " get it "
Chops Not really enough time to judge, but usually at least puts in a shift.
Our players should watch a Barcelona match and see how hard they work to get the ball back. We simply sit back and hope opponents give it to us. Not good enough.
Of those ten out field players I reckon only Quinn and Hudson could be relied upon to win more than half of fifty fifty balls, and I think that is one of our biggest problems. the opposition simply want it more. I have watched Cardiff City bottle it for over 40 years, 17 of which, travelling over 100 miles from Dorset and I have had a guts full. After this season I think I will watch Poole Town and pay a fiver to watch 22 players have a go. They look like they will be getting a new ground which will be a ten minute walk from my front door. They are also in the semi final of the FA Vase, where a trip to Wembley awaits the winners. Sorry, but it`s getting too much to take.

agree...although hudson may not have had the best of games today but was still quite good...he has been solid for most of the season. imrpoved a hell of a lot. keinan seems to give a lot of effort but bellamy and bothroyd arent quite cutting it...definately not bothroyd. he needs to be dropped. i persoanlly feel that JET should go up top with chopra(but obviously now injured) and play burke right wing...some people say burke isnt having the best of times when he comes on but he isnt being played apart from ten minuites at the end..what you expect him to do in ten minuites? without ramsey we seem to be struggling but oli will play a huge part from now on until the end of the season. Mcphail has been good but struggled a bit today