Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HONESTLY FEEL... "

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Very surprised at this result

Really fancied you to pump these today (enough so that I had £30 on a home win).

Its not over yet.

Really huffed and puffed our way to a draw today Stan mediocre is the best way I can think of describing it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Bloody hell sounded grim mate.

I know their is a lot of threads on today but what's your honest opinion?

The manager? The players? Tactics? Barnsley were good?

I'm really shocked I fancied you big style today. What's happened to your front 3?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Bloody hell sounded grim mate.

I'm really shocked I fancied you big style today. What's happened to your front 3?

The manager? Clueless
The players? Passionless.
Tactics? What are they?
Barnsley? An average team who should have been beaten without too much difficulty.
Front 3? Chopra injured, Bellamy playing like a League 1 player, Bothroyd contributing nothing.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:41 pm

no shape, no width, bellamy ,bothroyd waste of space, to many players half hearted no passion you wouldnt think we are so f*cking close to going up, it was like watching the city in the lower leagues many years ago im gutted to be honest i expected better than that today

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:47 pm

We are playing without confidence in my opinion however we still created the best chances today but again didn't take them. Losing Chopra to what looked a bad injury didn't help and Jay Bothroyd looks a shadow of the player he was earlier in the season, Jay above all needs a goal but the crowd got after him today and that will not help his confidence issues. Bellamy I really don't know what to make of him as you know with every ounce of his heart he wants to get this club promoted but it's not happening for him, maybe he is trying to hard and worrying himself out of having the impact he is capable of.

For me the team we started with was always going to struggle with McPhail and Whittingham in CM we were always going to be out muscled, Whittingham in fairness to him scored an absolute screamer but we cannot expect to create the platform for our front players when we cannot get a foothold in CM.

I blame our manager because everytime he figures out a way to play McPhail, and you can find the tactical thinking behind it at the sicky end of one of DJ's wetdreams, it always always ends up with the team huffing and puffing it's way through a game.

Today we finaaly got a grip when we sent on Olofinjana but instead of pulling McPhail off he took JET off, big big mistake so I would blame the Manager. But for me that's no surprise and right now I would take our chances in the playoffs is someone offered them to me, the automatics are gone we are just not playing with enough conviction or basic belief to do better and that is down to DJ.

End of rant. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Wow those last 3 posts sound bad.

I really can't understand it.

If you were to take any positives from it I guess the fact no one took advantage of us this weekend would be the only one. As small as that me be you still have a chance.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:51 pm

How many chances do we need? I think today was our last one, & now they are all gone.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:52 pm

castleblue wrote:

We are playing without confidence in my opinion however we still created the best chances today but again didn't take them. Losing Chopra to what looked a bad injury didn't help and Jay Bothroyd looks a shadow of the player he was earlier in the season, Jay above all needs a goal but the crowd got after him today and that will not help his confidence issues. Bellamy I really don't know what to make of him as you know with every ounce of his heart he wants to get this club promoted but it's not happening for him, maybe he is trying to hard and worrying himself out of having the impact he is capable of.

For me the team we started with was always going to struggle with McPhail and Whittingham in CM we were always going to be out muscled, Whittingham in fairness to him scored an absolute screamer but we cannot expect to create the platform for our front players when we cannot get a foothold in CM.

I blame our manager because everytime he figures out a way to play McPhail, and you can find the tactical thinking behind it at the sicky end of one of DJ's wetdreams, it always always ends up with the team huffing and puffing it's way through a game.

Today we finaaly got a grip when we sent on Olofinjana but instead of pulling McPhail off he took JET off, big big mistake so I would blame the Manager. But for me that's no surprise and right now I would take our chances in the playoffs is someone offered them to me, the automatics are gone we are just not playing with enough conviction or basic belief to do better and that is down to DJ.

JET was shit today mate. Right move to take him off and we had more balance with Whitts out wide. IMHO Mcphail was one of our better players today.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Wow those last 3 posts sound bad.

I really can't understand it.

If you were to take any positives from it I guess the fact no one took advantage of us this weekend would be the only one. As small as that me be you still have a chance.

Positives.

Oli is back.
McNaughton was superb again.
Bothroyd finally put some effort in during the 2nd half, c-inciding with our best spell.
Burke beat the full back several times leading to our goal.

errm.. that is really.

Terrible decision from the ref when Bellamy was through on goal ready to score and was taken out as he shot from behind -similar to McCarthy against Taraabt. it was a sending off offense too - our chance looked clearer than your was.

Ref gave a goal kick !!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
castleblue wrote:

JET was shit today mate. Right move to take him off and we had more balance with Whitts out wide. IMHO Mcphail was one of our better players today.

It's all about opinions but I doubt you could disagree that we had our best period in the game after Olofinjana come on and thats because he has the physical side to his game that provides the platform for our attacking players to express themselves.

MsPhail has no physical side to his game and for most of the time the game is played around him without a doubt given the platform Seyi provided JET would have had more effect on the game. I agree today his contribution wasn't great but it would have been better given the control Seyi bought.

Just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:02 pm

i dont think we can understand it either stan, it realy was like watching a pre season freindly today, it shouldnt be like that down to last ten games the whole place should be bouncing but its like a morgue, dont know your take on things but i think its down to the playes to raise the tempo to get the crowd going ,it only takes a crunching tackle or a couple of goalmouth scrambles but at the moment its like i said earlier,slow and negative like watching a pre season game against a non league lteam i honestly thought bellamy would give us the crowd that buzz most games but it hasnt happened

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Stan it was a dreadful game if we had played you Forest or Norwich we would have lost today. We have no fight and sometimes wonder if the players want it to be honest. I am sure they do but didnt show it today

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:11 pm

You have to blame both Jones, and the defence to conceed when we are 2-1 up with 3 mins to go- our defence think once we score in the last few minutes the games won, but they really need a slap across the face to wake them from their daydreaming!

absolutely shocking performance from us against a mediocre mid table team that wanted the win more. :|

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:18 pm

And there's the rub. We knew what was coming you fell for the hype. The reason this board is negative is that we see week in week out the true story and the fact that we are blowing a fantastic chance to get to the Prem.

This squad is being allowed to fade into oblivion and todays result was no surprise to the average City fan while it is to QPR.

If a player of the talent of Jay Bothroyd played with as little effort for someone like Warnock he would have been screaming blue murder in his face and if he didn't buck up, he would kick him out the club. What does DJ do - shake his hand as he subs him to as if to say good shift Jay!

Toothless - sums the whole thing up.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:19 pm

The service to the attackers is non existent. Burke best player again Today when he came on. Mcphail tried hard, Bellamy hasn`t done much last 2 months. Boothroyd is the best striker in my opinion in the league, he wins 90% of the balls played to him in the air and has excellent feet & vision, trouble is some fans who have probably never played the game in their life expect him to flick the ball on and then chase the ball he has won cos the other players are not good enough to read the game or are to slow. Jay does look lethargic on times but must be feeling demoralised after all the abuse he gets.Nobody could blame him if he leaves for another club in the summer and becomes a instant huge success which I have no doubt that he would, he will get in any side in the championship and 75% of the current premier league sides. I believe if there was a poll for championship defenders or mangers to vote for the best striker they have come up against i`m sure Boothroyd would be right up there. Today THAT was f*cking DISGRACEFUL clapping when he was replaced by a player who couldn`t lace his f*cking boots, a tryer who has a physical presence and about 5% of Boothroyds ability. Every current game the so called SUPPORTERS (WHO BY THE WAY ARE THERE TO SUPPORT THE TEAM) are slagging off nearly the whole team & management as the game kicks off, why don`t these f*cking idiots stay in the pub. Without Jay Boothroyd at the club we will be lucky to finish mid-table so give the boy a break, Burke should also be playing every week.

Rant over

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Pont-d-blue wrote:The service to the attackers is non existent. Burke best player again Today when he came on. Mcphail tried hard, Bellamy hasn`t done much last 2 months. Boothroyd is the best striker in my opinion in the league, he wins 90% of the balls played to him in the air and has excellent feet & vision, trouble is some fans who have probably never played the game in their life expect him to flick the ball on and then chase the ball he has won cos the other players are not good enough to read the game or are to slow. Jay does look lethargic on times but must be feeling demoralised after all the abuse he gets.Nobody could blame him if he leaves for another club in the summer and becomes a instant huge success which I have no doubt that he would, he will get in any side in the championship and 75% of the current premier league sides. I believe if there was a poll for championship defenders or mangers to vote for the best striker they have come up against i`m sure Boothroyd would be right up there. Today THAT was f*cking DISGRACEFUL clapping when he was replaced by a player who couldn`t lace his f*cking boots, a tryer who has a physical presence and about 5% of Boothroyds ability. Every current game the so called SUPPORTERS (WHO BY THE WAY ARE THERE TO SUPPORT THE TEAM) are slagging off nearly the whole team & management as the game kicks off, why don`t these f*cking idiots stay in the pub. Without Jay Boothroyd at the club we will be lucky to finish mid-table so give the boy a break, Burke should also be playing every week.

Are you JB in disguise. If you think he won 90% of the balls in the air today you watched a different game to me. The centre half had him in his pocket and is work rate was exceptionally poor.
Rant over

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Well thats your opinion,I would like (not) to see what happens when he leaves! Can u tell me who u think should play instead of him then?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:50 pm

Fair play to you lads for giving a fair & honest assessment of today's game.

It makes for very grim reading. As an outsider I'm flabbergasted that you are not smashing teams if I'm honest. As I said in the first post I've been waiting for you to run riot but it just hasn't happened yet. I really thought today was that day.

Surely players like Bellamy & Bothroyd should shoulder a lot of the blame? It can't ALL be the managers fault....can it?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Pont-d-blue wrote:Well thats your opinion,I would like (not) to see what happens when he leaves! Can u tell me who u think should play instead of him then?

Bothroyd does not deserve a starting place he is a liability :evil:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Fair play to you lads for giving a fair & honest assessment of today's game.

It makes for very grim reading. As an outsider I'm flabbergasted that you are not smashing teams if I'm honest. As I said in the first post I've been waiting for you to run riot but it just hasn't happened yet. I really thought today was that day.

Surely players like Bellamy & Bothroyd should shoulder a lot of the blame? It can't ALL be the managers fault....can it?

Stan, we are nowhere near the quality and passion the QPR players show, infact you'd probably mistake us for a midtable team. Even if you have 7-10 pts deducted you'll have no threat from us for top spot. We will bottle it as usual and probably struggle to to contend a play off spot! I personally believe QPR and Norwich will go up automatically and Cardiff and Swansea will be left to make a mess of London come May? if thats even possible to police?

Jones has had his time and now i feel the club must move forward without him.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Fair play to you lads for giving a fair & honest assessment of today's game.

Hi Stan

Don`t think its anybody`s fault, the championship is a very good league with high standards with not much margin between the top sides and the bottom!

There are no easy games an at the moment & City have hit a bad patch!!! However the quality in this squad will produce the goods very soon i hope and in that I do not have any doubt!!

In the meantime it is all very frustrating and nerve jangling for us supporters , who in our own minds know all the answers on how to get our teams promoted lol

Boothroyd & Belamy to shine and City will go up

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Yes Stan it is the Managers fault because he is the guy who picks the team and today he started, again, with McPhail and Whittingham in CM and when he does that we always struggle to get a foothold in the game. Both are good players but they are not a good CM pairing and when Olofinjana is sat on the bench well it's just bad bad management.

Bothroyd and Bellamy had their best spells in the game when Olofinjana came on and if he had started today I think we would have won and won with something in hand. DJ will never learn that McPhail and Whittingham doesn't work and in fact it's even simpler than that as McPhail should only have a chance of playing if Whitts or Olofinjana are injured.

DJ fault again in my opinion no doubt about it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Pont-d-blue wrote:

Hi Stan

Don`t think its anybody`s fault, the championship is a very good league with high standards with not much margin between the top sides and the bottom!

There are no easy games an at the moment & City have hit a bad patch!!! However the quality in this squad will produce the goods very soon i hope and in that I do not have any doubt!!

In the meantime it is all very frustrating and nerve jangling for us supporters , who in our own minds know all the answers on how to get our teams promoted lol

Boothroyd & Belamy to shine and City will go up

no1 - His name is BOTHroyd, and no2 - we've been saying that now for nearly 2 months - We've Just lost our most passionate player for 4-5 weeks and things arent looking good. :(

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:30 pm

Pont-d-blue wrote:Well thats your opinion,I would like (not) to see what happens when he leaves! Can u tell me who u think should play instead of him then?

Anyone who is prepared to fight for the Club. If Parkin is all we have, as long as he gives his all, that will do for me. Rather go down fighting than watching a team strolling round the pitch in a deflated stadium.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Cheers Stanley, but another match gone by and another f**k up :cry:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Stanley, but another match gone by and another f**k up :cry:

I'm not gonna lie Annis that result has thrown me today. Palace away loss always a banana skin game, Ipswich loss undone by 2 cracking goals but today I must admit is not defendable by the sound of it mate. As I said previously I know you don't want to hear about the very slight positives but the fact is you are still very much in the mix.

The only problem I see now is the players actually losing belief that it won't happen this season, that's if they haven't lost it already. I really really thought you would get back on track today.

I know you are all deflated but as glammy pointed out you still have as good a shot as others to pull it around, its leaving it late but as they say.. Its a funny ol game.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:40 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Very surprised at this result

Really fancied you to pump these today (enough so that I had £30 on a home win).

Its not over yet.

after todays result, i find myself praying qpr get an 18 point deduction, :ayatollah: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:43 pm

on a positive note... we did test steele a couple of times and probably should have had a penalty, both goals we just fell asleep and i feel we deserved the win today although it was scrappy. im absoloutely gutted about chopra, spoken to his aunt on fb again, says she talked to him and he fears out for rest of season. perhaps we can get a striker on loan? beast is not a starting 11 player for me.

after millwall (not optomistic for the win tbh) we have a couple fixtures we need to take advantage of, seasons still wide open, 2nd place is a must

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:45 pm

just look at blackpool last season, they turned there last 10 games around and stormed into the playoffs. its not over, until its over