Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I HONESTLY FEEL... "

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:15 am

Your season starts TODAY!

I've been an avid reader of this board since November & I must admit although their is some excellent posters & knowledgeable people on here the negativity a lot of the time is unbelievable.

I know a lot of you don't trust or have a lot of faith in DJ but let's be honest you are likely to be in 2nd position tonight & only the amazing form QPR have showed throughout this season has stopped you being at the top.

Imagine after all the shit you have seen, heard, put up with on & off the field this season you could be in an automatic promotion spot tonight with just 9 yes 9 games to go, single figures!

I think you will batter Barnsley & then your players will look at that table & say f*ck me look where we are we aint giving this up for anyone. I've waited all season for you to run riot, it hasn't happened but today could be the start. Your destiny is in your own hands & the last 36 games actually mean NOTHING. I can feel the positivity on the board now so its up to the team to do for you what everyone knows they can...

And what a better time to do it eh ;)
:ayatollah:

Re: I HONESTLY FEEL...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:18 am

Never a true'r word spoken stan, lets hope!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:19 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Your season starts TODAY!

I've been an avid reader of this board since November & I must admit although their is some excellent posters & knowledgeable people on here the negativity a lot of the time is unbelievable.

I know a lot of you don't trust or have a lot of faith in DJ but let's be honest you are likely to be in 2nd position tonight & only the amazing form QPR have showed throughout this season has stopped you being at the top.

Imagine after all the shit you have seen, heard, put up with on & off the field this season you could be in an automatic promotion spot tonight with just 9 yes 9 games to go, single figures!

I think you will batter Barnsley & then your players will look at that table & say f*ck me look where we are we aint giving this up for anyone. I've waited all season for you to run riot, it hasn't happened but today could be the start. Your destiny is in your own hands & the last 36 games actually mean NOTHING. I can feel the positivity on the board now so its up to the team to do for you what everyone knows they can...

Good post Stan.

Time to can the negativity and grumbles and give the team the support they need to get over the line.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:19 am

Good post Stan.

Let's hope your right :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:23 am

Thin Stan should come and do the players team talk for them - Cant be any worse than DJ

Nice one mate and I agree, we have been really unlucky last week, but now it will turn, I agree the average Cardiff fan is very negative.....

Nice one Stan, Time to support the boys and DJ :lol: and make some noise. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:25 am

Stan, someone quoting on CCMB that QPR are to have 12 points deducted on Monday?

Sounds crap but anything heard your end?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:30 am

Stan any chance you can pop over and give the boys a team talk. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:38 am

Good post Stan and of course your absolutely right after today we have a mini season of 9 games and our destiny will be in our own hands or rather in the hands of DJ and his squad.

That's the problem for most of us who are sadly conditioned to his annual end of season tail off in form and for the record here it is;

Season 2009/10 18 Points from 27
Season 2008/09 11 Points from 27
Season 2007/08 14 Points from 27
Season 200/07 2 Points from 27
Season 2005/06 5 Points from 27

I believe we will win today and that will leave us needing a record points haul under DJ to hit the 83-85 points that would normally get you automatic promotion. Can we do it yes but history tells us that we are probably looking more likely to reach the play offs. Having said that matching last seasons total of 18 points from the last 9 games may well get us into the auto's but time will tell.

One thing is for certain we must start with a win today. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

On another matter how the hell has Derry gone 3 games without getting booked, has he found God or just been sent on some Offenders Rehabilitation Course. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: " I HONESTLY FEEL... "

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks man,good post :ayatollah: :)

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:48 am

Stan, I do agree with you and I admit I am one of the main culprits, but I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT ALL THIS NEGATIVITY COMES FROM OUR MANAGER, TRANSFERS THROUGH TO OUR PLAYERS and then through to US THE FANS. DJ Also Constantly criticises our Fans, even though he makes the mistakes, but never man enough to admit it.
I have been going 38 years and really should not moan as I've virtually only ever seen lower division football and crowds of 1,500.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:51 am

Good post stan :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:58 am

Nice one Stan. Problem for us is for most of us we've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory so many times before we do get deja vu and hope for the best but expect the worst! Anyhow, let's hope to see city and qpr in the prem next season

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:02 am

I will try & remember anything that was thrown my way.

Annis I totally agree as an outsider I don't like DJ he seems negative, has an excuse for everything & looks a surly stubborn chap. But the players although they can't say it should be thinking f*ck him its our careers we are playing for here, do we want to be Premiership players or not. I agree he plays players out of positions & that grates on a few but it is what it is he calls the shots the players have to deliver now & with 9 to go it really is in your hands. Personally if you go up I think he will be replaced anyway so just get the job done & say ta ra.

12 point deduction-Mate as you can imagine it was the talk of the street, pubs etc yesterday but as I said last week a pal of mine is friendly with a few influential people at the club & he reckons no chance. He said it would get so messy that the FA just wouldn't go there. They are all about filling up the coffers, I'm hoping & expecting a fine if we've done anything wrong.

CCFC bottling it-Mate history means nothing, I understand you would feel this way as you've seen it all before but as my thread states your season really does start today. Win, go 2nd & your players will not give that spot up for love nor money I really think that.

Stan team talk-Yea I will come and motivate the lads & as a reward I will tell them they can have the 23rd of April off. My little treat :lol:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:03 am

good post stan.and there is to much negativity on here.our season starts today lets get behind the team. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:04 am

Stan-QPR wrote:I will try & remember anything that was thrown my way.

Annis I totally agree as an outsider I don't like DJ he seems negative, has an excuse for everything & looks a surly stubborn chap. But the players although they can't say it should be thinking f*ck him its our careers we are playing for here, do we want to be Premiership players or not. I agree he plays players out of positions & that grates on a few but it is what it is he calls the shots the players have to deliver now & with 9 to go it really is in your hands. Personally if you go up I think he will be replaced anyway so just get the job done & say ta ra.

12 point deduction-Mate as you can imagine it was the talk of the street, pubs etc yesterday but as I said last week a pal of mine is friendly with a few influential people at the club & he reckons no chance. He said it would get so messy that the FA just wouldn't go there. They are all about filling up the coffers, I'm hoping & expecting a fine if we've done anything wrong.

CCFC bottling it-Mate history means nothing, I understand you would feel this way as you've seen it all before but as my thread states your season really does start today. Win, go 2nd & your players will not give that spot up for love nor money I really think that.

Stan team talk-Yea I will come and motivate the lads & as a reward I will tell them they can have the 23rd of April off. My little treat :lol:

if you get a fine you will also recieve a transfer embargo whitch happend to chelsea when they signed kakuta

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:07 am

Great post Stan. :)

We are going up! :ayatollah:

My first post :D :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:13 am

Stan top post I'm going to nominate you for an honourary welsh status :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously QPR have walked this league and I hope you only get a fine for whats gone on because if you miss out it will tarnish anyone winning the league by default

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:18 am

I think someone needs to clarify exactly what 'negativity' on this board is?

If by negativity you mean posters who say it as they see it and post their own reasonably held belief’s rather than following the crowd; then by removing that you would be removing the one thing that makes this board different to all the others and gives it its unique properties.

Getting back to the OP Stan is absolutely right in that we have an absolute golden opportunity to now grab second place by the scruff of the neck and make it our own.

Unfortunately (and here is the 'negative' or 'realistic' bit) we have had this same opportunity several times before this season and instead of grabbing it we have chucked it away like a hot potato. The reason for that is blatant under-achievement by the management and at times the players.

It is now up to the manager to convince the PLAYERS (not the supporters) that they have the talent to make that happen and instil some ‘QPR style belief’ and see it through.

If that happens then this will be the best 9 games I have seen in the past 40 years and even this negative old barstard might even rise a smile ;) .

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:24 am

If we had a tenth of the success you've had at QPR over the last forty years maybe we would have more confidence,but this is Cardiff City they've always let us down they will again end of.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:24 am

Its a confusing week when the most positive and stirring comments ive read on this forum are from two QPR fans...they support Cardiff better than we do!! Only if you had the emotional connection like we do though, ud be in a mental institute! Id have less up and downs fighting crack addiction than supporting Cardiff. lol.

Cheers Stan. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:49 am

baseboy007 wrote:Its a confusing week when the most positive and stirring comments ive read on this forum are from two QPR fans...they support Cardiff better than we do!! Only if you had the emotional connection like we do though, ud be in a mental institute! Id have less up and downs fighting crack addiction than supporting Cardiff. lol.

Cheers Stan. :ayatollah:

:lol:

That tickled me mate.

You will be fine. You are going up.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:05 pm

i love you stan :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:08 pm

ristey1927 wrote:i love you stan :ayatollah:

Love you too sweet cheeks :D

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Stanley is a Bluebird!! I've grown quite fond of QPR this season despite the rivalry and have to say they deserve their place at the top of the league. I do think Stan has hit the nail on the head - we should have been running riot all season but if we start now, that will suit me just fine.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Sometimes it needs aview from 'outside' to put things into perspective.

Tony, you talk about 'following the crowd', well I'm firmly of the opinon that the 'crowd' n here, as in popular opinion/most posts are on the negative side.

Thats fine as long as it doesnt transfer to the stands, and with many it doesnt, but unfortunatley in too many cases it does.

We need to be defiant in our support and not surrender when we go a goal down - even if it looks like the players will.

We CAN spur them on. Its a 2-way thing, and we cant control whether they wil respond, but we can at least try.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Sometimes it needs aview from 'outside' to put things into perspective.

Tony, you talk about 'following the crowd', well I'm firmly of the opinon that the 'crowd' n here, as in popular opinion/most posts are on the negative side.

Thats fine as long as it doesnt transfer to the stands, and with many it doesnt, but unfortunatley in too many cases it does.

We need to be defiant in our support and not surrender when we go a goal down - even if it looks like the players will.

We CAN spur them on. Its a 2-way thing, and we cant control whether they wil respond, but we can at least try.

Tim you still haven't explained what 'negativity' is?

Let's be fair Jones' record when his Cardiff side go 1-0 down is appalling, so I would ask is it 'negative' to talk about this and highlight it as a problem which could affect our promotion chances, especially considering the striking options Jones has at his disposal?

Or should we delude ourselves everything is OK turn up scream our hearts out knowing that if we don't score first the game is lost and return to the message board in May and say 'oh well it's just one of those things, least the Championship is a good league' or should we DEMAND that the players produce and get us into the Premier League?

Personally I think the passive acceptance of our shortcomings is negative not the confronting of them.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Good post Stan,

Hope your right mate, we can join u then in the promised land :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Very surprised at this result

Really fancied you to pump these today (enough so that I had £30 on a home win).

Its not over yet.