Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welsh League matches

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:39 pm

out of interest...how many on this forum goes to watch Welsh league matches?

I been to one game : Bridgend town vs pentredicwr rangers (think thats the spelling)

decent game where bridgend won but cant remember the score..3-1 or 3-2

The LOW has so much potential, i hate seeing welsh football "fans" wearing Arse, scouse, chavski, man ure tops. And the Welsh Assembly Government only spend £7500 on football (prolly goes to FAW) where as spends about £1,500,000 on rugby. The highest attendance this season so far has been 1035 and that was at bangor city (stadium is only 2000 and i think are currently making a brand new stadium) and bangor has a population of 10,000 so thatss decent. Next season im hoping to attend more bridgend games aswell as watching city and maybe merthyr. :ayatollah:

**edited*

Re: Welsh League matches

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:25 am

Barry Town...."sleeping giant ".... I have heard that before somewhere !

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:40 am

Its Penrhiwceiber Rangers, they both play welsh division 1. I know players from both teams, Grant Thomas and Raith Plant from Bridgend and a few from ceiber coz its only down the road.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Out of interest, what is the highest level club in Cardiff? Always found it strange there are no team from south east wales at the top level of welsh football!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:15 pm

Caerau (Ely), and Cardiff corries are both in welsh league div 1.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:11 pm

I have been to about eight Abertillery Bluebirds home games this season, seen some decent games !