Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gerrard Hull Captain!

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Wore the armband today.

Seems settled. Doubt he will be in a CC shirt again especially if Oli stays.
honoured to get the armband aswell today!

From his twitter

Re: Gerrard Hull Captain!

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 pm

hope jones gets him back next season! .... in jones defence though, he was fat leaving us!

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Good luck to him, he deserves it.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:11 pm

See now I think people that come back fat and unprofessional from pre-season dont deserve it. Fair play he has turned it around although not sure he is good enough really.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:42 pm

I really like Gerrard, he was a class act towards the end of last season and played with such passion. Just really dissapointed to see how big he was coming back after pre season.

I'd love to see him back in a city shirt but Hudson is looking immense lately and Keinan has been a class act.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:45 pm

12thMan wrote:I really like Gerrard, he was a class act towards the end of last season and played with such passion. Just really dissapointed to see how big he was coming back after pre season.

I'd love to see him back in a city shirt but Hudson is looking immense lately and Keinan has been a class act.

Gerard is a good player. The biggest problem last season was that Hudson, Gerrard and Gypes are all very similar and needed a Keinan type player next to them.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Carn't see him playing for us again :(

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
12thMan wrote:I really like Gerrard, he was a class act towards the end of last season and played with such passion. Just really dissapointed to see how big he was coming back after pre season.

Gerard is a good player. The biggest problem last season was that Hudson, Gerrard and Gypes are all very similar and needed a Keinan type player next to them.

hudson was poor last season though! lets not start thinking that it was other players faults! ... our great end of season run started when he was out injured and we messed up the play-off 2nd leg and final with him back in the team! INSTEAD of GERRARD!

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 pm

I want Gerrard back end off. He stood up to the Fuhrer and he was banished. Whatever happens he needs to come home next season. When Jones has F *@"#d off

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:41 pm

His own fault for coming back bigger than the beast

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:41 pm

He's the type of player we need. Full of passion. Loved his tiff with Marshall at Forest last season. :lol:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:36 pm

he's younger than olly , olly was unable to prevent hull getting relagated last season he's quite injury prone.. passing his peak also and would need to step it up a level next season.
one thing he has is experience though
I'd take back Gerrard back based on the proneness of olly's injury's and age
:ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:09 am

PhatFrog wrote:He's the type of player we need. Full of passion. Loved his tiff with Marshall at Forest last season. :lol:

I remember 2 seasons ago when we got dismantled at Preston 6-0 and proceeded to f**k up on reaching the play offs, there were loads of aquisations about the team and management of a lack of fight, bottle and a willingness to fight tooth and nail for every 50/50 ball and to tackle anything that moved. I was one of the loudest one's in calling the players bottlers and lacking passion for the fight, it's a bit sad to see that maybe the class of 2010/2011 are possibly rightly being accused of lacking some of those same qualities by some posters. A player like Gerrard is always an asset to teams as every team needs players who are battlers and no nonsense 100% committed players, you can have as many pretty ball playing players as you like in the team, if they lack passion and commitment they're less likely to succeed unless you have the battlers like Gerrard in the side to redress the balance. Would love him back here!.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:43 am

I loved Gerrard's commitment as much as everybody else....
but his distribution from the back was absolutely awful, like seriously bad, all he ever did was hoof the ball up field every time he was under any sort of pressure
and that's exactly the type of centre back we dont need right now, cos i think we definitely need to get the ball down on the deck more
and why i was/still am glad that Gerrard was let go

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:53 am

scott_ccfc wrote:I loved Gerrard's commitment as much as everybody else....
but his distribution from the back was absolutely awful, like seriously bad, all he ever did was hoof the ball up field every time he was under any sort of pressure
and that's exactly the type of centre back we dont need right now, cos i think we definitely need to get the ball down on the deck more
and why i was/still am glad that Gerrard was let go

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh well :lol: :lol: