Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THIS SEASON SHOWS HOW WEAK THIS DIV IS OR ?"

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:36 pm

" THIS SEASON SHOWS HOW WEAK THIS DIVISION IS OR HOW UNDER ACHIEVED WE HAVE ? "

Yove got the Jacks on nearly Quarter of a Wage budget as us and no where near the Quality.
Leeds and Norwich who have again not got no where near the team/squad we have and are both ex Division 1 teams.
Yet any of these could be promoted.
And at the Top QPR are running away with the Division.

IS IT THE DIVISION ? or HAVE WE UNDER ACHIEVED ?

Re: " THIS SEASON SHOWS HOW WEAK THIS DIV IS OR ?"

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:43 pm

From Facebook

Graham Sanders
One word sums our season up 'inconsistent'

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:45 pm

We have underachieved big time. Our biggest problem until january was in defence. Keinan has been a good signing which has got naylor (weak link) out of the side. Since this we have been reasonably solid.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Maybe the division is stronger and thats why everyone is capable of beating everyone.

I would say we have slightly underachieved but this is a very very tough division. Lets remember Boro were assive red hot favourites at the start of the season and look at them now.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:46 pm

Leeds won't go up - they score a lot and have some very good attacking players e.g. Snodgrass and Gradel, but they concede too many and are probably too inconsistent. They're a good side and have done well, maybe next year ? But play-offs for me I reckon.

Norwich the same, some good attacking players such as Holt and Hoolahan, but I agree, how they are up there baffles me - they're made up of a lot of players who have spent most of their careers in the lower divisions. Saying that, they have done superbly in a very competitive league. Genuine play-off contenders I think. Possibly the final.

The Jacks have been up there for 3 seasons now. The style of play they employ is extremely important to them, and without it they'd be nowhere. But they've good some very good players, some homegrown, e.g. Allen and others good finds from relative obscurity, e.g. Williams and Pratley. They'll be up there with us until the end I think, but 3rd and the play-off final in my opinion. Probably against Norwich.

QPR
City
---------------------
Jacks
Norwich
Leeds
Burnley/Leicester/Forest

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:48 pm

CONSISTANCY ANNIS M8 digging out results and great fans supporting us and never say die even when hammered 4-0/2-1 lol..

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:54 pm

I actually think it's a mix. I think even though the teams and their players aren't the best, the managers at the top are some of the best around. Paul Lambert, Brendan Rodgers, Neil Warnock, Eddie Howe, Billy Davies, Simon Grayson and Sven Goran Eriksson are all decent managers, then there's the likes of Sean O'Driscoll and Brian McDermott who are good managers lower down as well.

I reckon whoever goes up this season will be competitive in the Premiership next season with the right additions.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:57 pm

From Facebook

Jodie Mccann
the season aint over yet lads ffs see how we fair then judge us we cant change it now
8 minutes ago · Like

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:57 pm

I'm sure someone will give an answer which points out we are currently fourth and can go second tomorrow with a win so how can we be under-achieving?

My answer would be we have lost 11 games out of 36 which works out at a loss percentage of 30% or one in 3 games.

For a side which is packed with talent and paying out £16m in wages each year, that's simply not good enough.

QPR have lost 4 games in 37 (11%) and that is the standard we should be at.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:From Facebook

Jodie Mccann
the season aint over yet lads ffs see how we fair then judge us we cant change it now
8 minutes ago · Like

spot on

Swansea, Forest, Norwich and Burnley i think nearlly have all got to play eachother ;)

Points will be dropped left right and centre
:ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:02 pm

IT dont really matter how good or the quality of your team is, if they they dont all play well at the same time, That why its called a team. If they all hit there peak at the same time , then god help any time that plays us, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:04 pm

glammy74 wrote:

Jodie Mccann
8 minutes ago · Like

spot on

Swansea, Forest, Norwich and Burnley i think nearlly have all got to play eachother ;)

That's what worries me, we are relying far too much on others to f**k up rather than do it ourselves.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

Jodie Mccann
8 minutes ago · Like

spot on

That's what worries me, we are relying far too much on others to f**k up rather than do it ourselves.

Yep Agree

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

Jodie Mccann
8 minutes ago · Like

spot on

leeds have both burnley and 4rest plus QPR WE[LEEDS] SHOULD HAVE BEATEN THE TRACTOR BOYS TODAY LIKE SOMEONE SAID IT AINT OVER YET..

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I'm sure someone will give an answer which points out we are currently fourth and can go second tomorrow with a win so how can we be under-achieving?

My answer would be we have lost 11 games out of 36 which works out at a loss percentage of 30% or one in 3 games.

For a side which is packed with talent and paying out £16m in wages each year, that's simply not good enough.

QPR have lost 4 games in 37 (11%) and that is the standard we should be at.

spot on tony,

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" THIS SEASON SHOWS HOW WEAK THIS DIVISION IS OR HOW UNDER ACHIEVED WE HAVE ? "

Yove got the Jacks on nearly Quarter of a Wage budget as us and no where near the Quality.
Leeds and Norwich who have again not got no where near the team/squad we have and are both ex Division 1 teams.

How on earth can you say that?

I think you're under something of a delusion as to just how good your squad really is. Either that or your deliberately trying to over emphasise the strength of your squad in order to further your Dave Jones witchhunt.

Just my opinion of course.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:25 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" THIS SEASON SHOWS HOW WEAK THIS DIVISION IS OR HOW UNDER ACHIEVED WE HAVE ? "

I think you're under something of a delusion as to just how good your squad really is. Either that or your deliberately trying to over emphasise the strength of your squad in order to further your Dave Jones witchhunt.

Just my opinion but you spend most of your life on a CARDIFF CITY forum knobhead. :oops:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:35 pm

NEATHBLUES wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Just my opinion but you spend most of your life on a CARDIFF CITY forum knobhead. :oops:

Well obviously I don't :roll:

But I assume you think the same of the Cardiff fans who post on our board? :?

Obviously you would prefer an insular life. You carry on.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:41 pm

NJ73 wrote:

Witchhunt? Like you are on here with the forum owner.

The quite obvious why its being said. Lets have a look at the table shall we. 2 teams in the plays off that have just come up, Leeds and Norwich, yourselves and Forest not long been in the division. QPR running away with the league and how long have they been here, is it one season less than Cardiff? Adding to this there are no teams that are known as yo yo teams between the championship and premier like the Birminghams, Wolverhamptons and West Broms. This league is the weakest it has been for a long time.

Then we move onto the squads. You call us delusionists, I call you being blind because of your dislike of Cardiff. We have the best squad in the division, our fringe players got us to the play off finals last season. Then we go and bring in premiership players for this season including perhaps the player of the year last season. Just name me one other club in this division that can brag that.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Witchhunt? Like you are on here with the forum owner.

Are you saying I've got a witchunt on him? REALLY?

The quite obvious why its being said. Lets have a look at the table shall we. 2 teams in the plays off that have just come up, Leeds and Norwich, yourselves and Forest not long been in the division. QPR running away with the league and how long have they been here, is it one season less than Cardiff? Adding to this there are no teams that are known as yo yo teams between the championship and premier like the Birminghams, Wolverhamptons and West Broms. This league is the weakest it has been for a long time.

I fail to see what length of time spent in the division is supposed to show? Stagnation maybe?

Then we move onto the squads. You call us delusionists, I call you being blind because of your dislike of Cardiff. We have the best squad in the division, our fringe players got us to the play off finals last season. Then we go and bring in premiership players for this season including perhaps the player of the year last season. Just name me one other club in this division that can brag that.

These "Premiership players" you've brought in, apart from Bellamy (who many on here seem to accept has been something of a let down) which other "Premiership Players" have you brought in exactly? Koumas? A player who can't get near Wigans side (let alone yours) is hardly a "Premiership player" Who else? Keogh? Drinkwater? Hardly did a lot.

My point is that you all seem to think you've got this amazing team and it's all the managers fault that you're not 30 points clear at the top. My point is that your squad, in reality, isn't as strong as you make out.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:57 pm

the blame lies with the managers and coaching staff who at the end of the day are resposible for getting the players physically and mentally prepared,At the end of the day whether you work for mcdonalds or play for a top team if you dont respect or agree with your managers your not gonna perform.When blackpool went on their good run and got promoted last season do you think holloway lit a f*cking fire under them or stood there with his hands in his pockets blaming everyone except himself

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:58 pm

You forgot Oli and JET.

All pundits are saying if we dont go up then it will be a massive failure. I tend to agree with them.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:You forgot Oli and JET.

All pundits are saying if we dont go up then it will be a massive failure. I tend to agree with them.

Oli? Hull a Premier League club now then? :?

I would say the pundits have bought into the hype. I'd expect you to disagree.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:15 pm

NJ73 wrote:

For crying out loud get a life.

Football fans always have different views. It is what makes the game so great. Your bitterness towards CCFC comes out in your opinions. I think ccfc are far superior to swansea town. You think opposite.

Eff off back to planet pikey or whatever yr website is called.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:29 pm

NEATHBLUES wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

bloody hell neathblues did you have to call someone a knobhead for having an opinion different to yours? come on us city fans are better than that mun :ayatollah: and i must agree with him to be honest, cause i dont believe we are actually as good as we think we are! ... they mention this great forward line, well bothroyds always on his arse, chops is over weight and a shell of the player he was in 86/87, burke always on the bench, bellers hot and cold and whitts had a freak goal scoring record last year! our great forward line is a myth!

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:30 pm

NJ73 wrote:

Do tell me where Hull were when he played for them.

I expect you to disagree with me because I'm Cardiff, simply as that.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Ignore him mate. He is cerebally challenged. He prob thinks the jerks won 2-1 because Trashley scored today.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

For crying out loud get a life.

Football fans always have different views. It is what makes the game so great. Your bitterness towards CCFC comes out in your opinions. I think ccfc are far superior to swansea town. You think opposite.

Eff off back to planet pikey or whatever yr website is called.

Fook me! Pot. Kettle :lol:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

By that argument Emnes was a Premier league player when we signed him from Boro because he'd played in the Prem for them!

Signing a player on loan off a Championship club does mean you've signed a Premier league player on loan :?

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Not really the same Emnes was playing champ football when you signed him. Oli played no champ games for Hull and his last game before us was in the prem. I see both points but lets be honest who really cares :roll: