Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City Clothing

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:12 pm

griff105 wrote:A stenci/outline of the picture of Keenor with a fag thats on the CD cover would rule! :ayatollah:

This is a definate possibility mate, I want to do a Keenor T Shirt - its all about picking the right images to use now. Just like you, I love this particular picture of Keenor.

After a couple of months, I'll hopefully be in a position to make a Keenor T-Shirt for non profit, with all proceeds going to the Fred Keenor appeal.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:13 pm

birdy wrote:good luck mate, would definitely get a couple of these for myself and my lad..

the quality of the stuff in the club shop is very poor

Cheers mate, I find the stuff in the Club Shop a little too generic and theres not a lot of soul to it. I want to create these designs as they will really mean something to all of us that wear it.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:09 pm

Indeed its also so poor quality that whilst we all love the city, you begrudge buying it..

even my little lad thinks its too expensive in there

how quickly do you reckon you'll be up and running as i'd love to get a couple of the classics

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:18 pm

Good idea some ideal shirts on there

Any chance of a brian clark one??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:52 pm

birdy wrote:Indeed its also so poor quality that whilst we all love the city, you begrudge buying it..

how quickly do you reckon you'll be up and running as i'd love to get a couple of the classics

again, it's the classic football clubs 'taking their fans for granted' and they assume that out of loyalty fans will put up with and buy any old tat. I wanted to get a beanie or bronx style hat back in November and the only things close in the club shop at the time were puma ones for 15 quid! Better quality hats were on sale outside the ground on the stalls the next day for half the price.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:26 pm

do you have one of mallo chasing barry knight (Legend) 7 lol :ayatollah: will sell like hot cakes

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:47 pm

birdy wrote:Indeed its also so poor quality that whilst we all love the city, you begrudge buying it..

Hi mate,

Thanks for showing an interest, its a real buzz to know people are interested. I am aiming to be up and running by the end of April but at the very latest the close of the season, so people can buy stuff for their holidays etc.

I work full time, so its been a bit of a nightmare getting setup. Hardest part has been finding decent quality clothes to print on. But everythings sorted now and coming together.

My dad's just been made redundant though and struggling to find work, so he is going to help me get things moving even faster over the next weeks. My dream would be to work alongside him on something like this, he's a major city nut. Only missed a handful of home games in the last 40 years. Could work with him and listen to his football stories all day, quite easily!!!

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Pinster25 wrote:Good idea some ideal shirts on there

Any chance of a brian clark one??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hi mate,

I've really wanted to do a Brian Clarke design. Brian's a city legend I really admire and again I could look to make the T-Shirt a non profit one and donate to a charity.

My problem has been finding a decent image of Brian to work from. So far I haven't really found any suitable, but I'm definately going to keep trying.

If anyone has any they could forward onto me, I'd really appreciate it.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:04 pm

wexford wrote:

again, it's the classic football clubs 'taking their fans for granted' and they assume that out of loyalty fans will put up with and buy any old tat. I wanted to get a beanie or bronx style hat back in November and the only things close in the club shop at the time were puma ones for 15 quid! Better quality hats were on sale outside the ground on the stalls the next day for half the price.

I think the worst part about the stuff in the clubshop is that its very generic and it looks like a city badge has just been put on it. Like baseboy said Liverpool and Chelsea have some really good stuff for sale in their megastores, in addition to the Adidas stuff that gets made for both clubs.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Well done mate t shirts look the bollocks.Just a thought maybe some sort of men of harlech theme shirt would be an idea.Excellent stuff the very best of luck to you i'll be having a couple. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:15 am

Not a problem mate. Everyone on here will appreciate a fresh mind trying to give us fans unique alternative designed CCFC garments and as you may know we are a supportive bunch on here, you've got obvious talent and passion for it and are DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT! I'm sure if you keep showing us gradual progress the guys will dig deep for you. If they buy the shit in the clubshop at shit prices then they will jump at your stuff. :D

I also love the casual clothing scene, circumstances change though and money goes elsewhere as you've said. I moved away from Cardiff not too long ago and ever since I moved away though Im eager to buy some attire that will reflect my passion and identity but still have that distinctive luxury casual look and feel that gives you a wider walk and a glance of acknowledgement from people, you know what I mean? The CCFC clubshop does it's job, it's aimed at a certain type of supporter however. Personally I think If you can develop more pieces of apparel like how I described then I think you could attract a whole niche of Cardiff City supporters who want stylish and totally unique CCFC clobba, not something that is spat out at every stadium but with a different badge. I would be happy to pay 50-60 quid on a polo or jacket made by you than a Brand based in Coventry Garden.

Would you have any issues with copyright infringement though?? I dont have a clue...

Look forward to seeing the website. Good luck!!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:24 am

I meant Covent Garden, that's the iPhone being a pain again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:26 pm

troobloo wrote:Well done mate t shirts look the bollocks.Just a thought maybe some sort of men of harlech theme shirt would be an idea.Excellent stuff the very best of luck to you i'll be having a couple. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats a great idea mate. Never thought of that.

Already got an "i'll be there" themed design.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:56 pm

would like the top with all the sponsers and crest in cotton and not nylon, also in other colours, navy, white, yellow etc same in sweatshirts and polo shirts

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:10 pm

12thMan wrote:
CCFC1990 wrote:Word of advice you might want to reconsider the name 12th man as there is another clothing range out with the same name... Great idea tho :ayatollah:

Cheers mate, didn't realise anyone else was using the name. I'll have to look into it in a bit more detail.

No problem pal. I just thought i would let you know before you set all the website and shit up :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:48 am

MARINE STREET BLUES wrote:would like the top with all the sponsers and crest in cotton and not nylon, also in other colours, navy, white, yellow etc same in sweatshirts and polo shirts

Hiya mate,

Downsides are that no sponsors can be on the shirts due to copy right infringements. So they all have to be removed. T Shirts will initially be made of Heavyweight, high quality 100% cotton. Shortly after T shirts I will hopefully be moving onto everything else. :D

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:50 am

CCFC1990 wrote:
12thMan wrote:
CCFC1990 wrote:Word of advice you might want to reconsider the name 12th man as there is another clothing range out with the same name... Great idea tho :ayatollah:

Cheers mate, didn't realise anyone else was using the name. I'll have to look into it in a bit more detail.

No problem pal. I just thought i would let you know before you set all the website and shit up :ayatollah:

I'd actually completely forgotten about them as I had seen their stuff previously. I have a feeling they've gone through the hoop now though.

After you mentioned it, I done a bit of homework on them and they don't seem to have had a new range out for ages. Its a shame as their polo's were quite smart.

Thanks for the heads up though mate, almost definately saved me a big headache!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:57 am

They are in the process of doing a big collaboration with massimo otsi. They only produce about 99 of each polo because each one of them is hand dyed for the effects.