Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season Ticket Advice-Help

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:58 am

Having just worked out how much i have spent on going to 4 homes and 1 away it amounts to over £200 on tickets for me and the 2 boys. I worked out that a season ticket would cost £407 for the 3 of us next season. I cannot find anything on the official site about finance options for tickets. Is there a 10 month plan? What is apr?

Cheers in advance.

Re: Season Ticket Advice-Help

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:21 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Having just worked out how much i have spent on going to 4 homes and 1 away it amounts to over £200 on tickets for me and the 2 boys. I worked out that a season ticket would cost £407 for the 3 of us next season. I cannot find anything on the official site about finance options for tickets. Is there a 10 month plan? What is apr?

Cheers in advance.

There is a 5-month interest free option.

I think for guys like you it might be worth using sites like these to set up season-ticket share schemes.

Could work out for someone local who can only afford to go to a handful of games, or even another exile who cant make it every weeks.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:28 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Having just worked out how much i have spent on going to 4 homes and 1 away it amounts to over £200 on tickets for me and the 2 boys. I worked out that a season ticket would cost £407 for the 3 of us next season. I cannot find anything on the official site about finance options for tickets. Is there a 10 month plan? What is apr?

Cheers in advance.

There is a 5-month interest free option.

I think for guys like you it might be worth using sites like these to set up season-ticket share schemes.

Could work out for someone local who can only afford to go to a handful of games, or even another exile who cant make it every weeks.

I'm pretty sure we can arrange some sort of system here.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 am

Its also a bit of a gamble.

I used to have 2 of the cheap Bob bank ones for m company and share them out, when we were doing well loads would want them, but when we werent I'd struggle to give them away.

If wilts gets his ST and we go up, he'll suddenly become the most popular guy in the West Country :lol:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:41 am

Lawnmower wrote:Its also a bit of a gamble.

I used to have 2 of the cheap Bob bank ones for m company and share them out, when we were doing well loads would want them, but when we werent I'd struggle to give them away.

If wilts gets his ST and we go up, he'll suddenly become the most popular guy in the West Country :lol:

Given the prices of match day tickets, you're better off having a season ticket. I knew when I bought this seasons season ticket, I could probably only get to see just over half the games. Also, its the security of knowing you'll always have the tickets for big home games and priority for big games.

Although I do have a mate I give my ticket to if I can't make it and he normally chucks a tenner my way.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:43 am

I brought this subject up before the supporters trust elections to some of the candidates. Some of them came back to me saying they would look into it if they got elected. Well nothing has happened. I was going to chase this up but as I had decided to go to every game this season I could not be arsed as it would not really affect me. Sometimes I wish I was a bit more proactive.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:47 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I brought this subject up before the supporters trust elections to some of the candidates. Some of them came back to me saying they would look into it if they got elected. Well nothing has happened. I was going to chase this up but as I had decided to go to every game this season I could not be arsed as it would not really affect me. Sometimes I wish I was a bit more proactive.

Maybe you should have a word with Wilts :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:49 am

PhatFrog wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Its also a bit of a gamble.

Given the prices of match day tickets, you're better off having a season ticket. I knew when I bought this seasons season ticket, I could probably only get to see just over half the games. Also, its the security of knowing you'll always have the tickets for big home games and priority for big games.

Although I do have a mate I give my ticket to if I can't make it and he normally chucks a tenner my way.

Thats the way to do it.

It also means you can keep a decent seat near your mates.

What many people also don't realise is that you can upgrade your kids season ticket for an adults game -by-game if you want. I often do it for midweek games when its a bit late for the kids, and also those where I might want to swear a bit :lol:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:51 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I brought this subject up before the supporters trust elections to some of the candidates. Some of them came back to me saying they would look into it if they got elected. Well nothing has happened. I was going to chase this up but as I had decided to go to every game this season I could not be arsed as it would not really affect me. Sometimes I wish I was a bit more proactive.

Maybe you should have a word with Wilts :ayatollah:

just about to pm him.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Cheers in advance.

2 plans available

5 month interest free
10 month at 19.9% apr

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Yes But you have to go to the Ticket office and pick up the form

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:48 pm

All the information, including online application forms, are clarified in the following link:-

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Sea ... 35,00.html :ayatollah: