Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best football manager type game

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:00 am

I'm getting a laptop this week so, not only will I be back on here for what will probably be an unhealthy period of time but I also want to get a football manager typegame to while the hours away in my 1 bed flat :D I used to be a Championship Manager devotee but is that the best game of its genre? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :ayatollah:

Re: Best football manager type game

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:13 am

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1712336 ... fer=search

football manager all the way :D

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:20 am

Nice one!! :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:25 am

dont even try BS games like FIFA Manager, Football Manager is the best manager of all management games, and it's f*cking almost perfect.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:27 am

I was thinking Football Manager anyway, but just wanted confirmation on here from other people, really. My first 4 signigs are already lined up. Gary Cahill, Tim Cahill, Phillip Lahm and Wayne Hennessy.

I don't like being City on these games as I don't want to do badly in charge of them :lol:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 am

football manager 11. bought it about 4 weeks ago! biigest mistake of my life. its brilliant and very addictive.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:43 am

milly44 wrote:football manager 11. bought it about 4 weeks ago! biigest mistake of my life. its brilliant and very addictive.

Yeah, Champ Manager was for me when I had it before but fancy a change and it seems that Football Manager is better, so a few late nights beckon, I think :lol:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:13 am

Football manager is made by the collyer brothers who made the championship managr games until they had a fall out with sega in around 2003 who published it, after the split sega had the rights to championship manager and the brothers started making football manager.......im sad but happen to be one of the beta testers on new games and been cm mad since 1993.....so there! :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:27 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Football manager is made by the collyer brothers who made the championship managr games until they had a fall out with sega in around 2003 who published it, after the split sega had the rights to championship manager and the brothers started making football manager.......im sad but happen to be one of the beta testers on new games and been cm mad since 1993.....so there! :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: Thanks for the inside info!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:49 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Football manager is made by the collyer brothers who made the championship managr games until they had a fall out with sega in around 2003 who published it, after the split sega had the rights to championship manager and the brothers started making football manager.......im sad but happen to be one of the beta testers on new games and been cm mad since 1993.....so there! :ayatollah:

wrong on so many levels...

Sports Interactive was the publishing team ruled by EIDOS, which released all the classic Championship Manager games until CM5. After CM4 Sports Interactive signed a deal with SEGA to release Championship Manager under the name Football Manager. After few lawsuits and jada jada SI kept the code, all the important stuff while Eidos was left with name and interface. They went on to create mediore CM5 while Sega and SI released six amazing football management games

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:53 am

quadsas wrote:

Sports Interactive was the publishing team ruled by EIDOS, which released all the classic Championship Manager games until CM5. After CM4 Sports Interactive signed a deal with SEGA to release Championship Manager under the name Football Manager. After few lawsuits and jada jada SI kept the code, all the important stuff while Eidos was left with name and interface. They went on to create mediore CM5 while Sega and SI released six amazing football management games

Sorry to say JohnWayne but quadsas has burned you there!

Football Manager is by far the best game. I've done a lot of work with the game for a long time until recently when I had to stop due to work commitments but the franchise is only getting stronger. They're forever adding new things and it's very exciting the plans they have long term. I'm hoping they can fine tune some stuff with Football Manager Live because if done properly the potential for that game is superb.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:03 pm

quadsas wrote:Football Manager is the best manager of all management games, and it's f*cking almost perfect.

In that case can we get the programmers in as Cardiff City manager. :roll:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Wrong :p

Championship Manager was the original franchise made by Sports Interactive, run by the Collyers. That was published by Eidos, not Sega.

The faling out that occured, Eidos retained the rights to the name and some GUI elements - Eidos creating an in house team to make a management game, using the Championship Manager name.

Sports Interactive retained the code of the game series, paying Kevin Toms for the rights to use the name Football manager, which Sega publish; I believe Sega own a percentage of Sports Interactive.

I'm even sadder, but happen to know one of the devleopers working there, albeit on the Hockey games...

Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:17 pm

Zabier wrote:
quadsas wrote:

Sorry to say JohnWayne but quadsas has burned you there!

Football Manager is by far the best game. I've done a lot of work with the game for a long time until recently when I had to stop due to work commitments but the franchise is only getting stronger. They're forever adding new things and it's very exciting the plans they have long term. I'm hoping they can fine tune some stuff with Football Manager Live because if done properly the potential for that game is superb.

How do you become involved with it?