Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Dave Jones it works both ways "

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:42 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28322660/

Says it all for me well done Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Great Article By Carl In Tonights Echo

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:46 am

Agree with everything he says there,they are things Jones could do to bring us all together,but he's too stubborn.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:49 am

castleblue wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2011/03/12/view-from-the-standby-carl-curtis-91466-28322660/

Says it all for me well done Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Interesting points there.

Agreed on the 'players coming over to the fans'.. and some additional points are made on that here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39176

Also, this Echo business. It would be the perfect time to bury the hatchet now, perhaps with a statement by the Echo themselves pointing out their unconditional support for DJ for the next 10 games. Not saying that they shouldnt highlight any percieved errors just that they are backing him and the club until the end of the season.. whatever. Its a 2-way street.

As for the fans 'getting behind the team whether we are winning or losing', sorry but thats not how I see it these days. More and more we are becoming 'sing when we are winning' and this is away as well as at home. 2500 fans at Watford and form the Watford end where I was (dont ask), there wasnt a dicky bird after Watford equalised. Similarly in most home games the support has been a fraction of what it is when we are winning if we go behind.

Re: " Great Article By Carl In Tonights Echo "

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:24 am

castleblue wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2011/03/12/view-from-the-standby-carl-curtis-91466-28322660/

I agree Castleblue, Excellent article :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl Curtis Column in Todays South Wales Echo

The Pressure is on.

It works both ways with The Club/Management/Team and Fans

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28322660/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl
Your best Column yet
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:31 am

Lawnmower wrote:

Interesting points there.

Agreed on the 'players coming over to the fans'.. and some additional points are made on that here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39176

Also, this Echo business. It would be the perfect time to bury the hatchet now, perhaps with a statement by the Echo themselves pointing out their unconditional support for DJ for the next 10 games. Not saying that they shouldnt highlight any percieved errors just that they are backing him and the club until the end of the season.. whatever. Its a 2-way street.

As for the fans 'getting behind the team whether we are winning or losing', sorry but thats not how I see it these days. More and more we are becoming 'sing when we are winning' and this is away as well as at home. 2500 fans at Watford and form the Watford end where I was (dont ask), there wasnt a dicky bird after Watford equalised. Similarly in most home games the support has been a fraction of what it is when we are winning if we go behind.

Tim, I always enjoy reading your posts, some times we agree, sometimes we dont, BUT ON THIS OCCASION WE DEF AGREE, WE ALL MUST GET BEHIND THEM NOW :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:36 am

ngriffiths wrote:Agree with everything he says there,they are things Jones could do to bring us all together,but he's too stubborn.

Your right its Time for Dave Jones, to stop being Arrogant/Stubborn and Support us as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:37 am

good read carl....

we dont want dave jones talking to the echo though :D

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:38 am

milly44 wrote:good read carl....

we dont want dave jones talking to the echo though :D

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:47 am

I reckon DJ should talk to the S Wales Argus as you would be able to read it in Newport ;-)

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:48 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I reckon DJ should talk to the S Wales Argus as you would be able to read it in Newport ;-)

:lol:

Not for me Gareth, They sell the South Wales Echo next to my house in Castleton :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:Agree with everything he says there,they are things Jones could do to bring us all together,but he's too stubborn.

Your right its Time for Dave Jones, to stop being Arrogant/Stubborn and Support us as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I laughed yesterday when he had another go about everyone having an opinion on tactics, the fans, media even messageboards. This was in responce to a question regarding Craig Bellamy moving into a more central role, or tucking in as DJ calls it. The question was does he appreciate that fans see a player i.e. Craig Bellamy , who had his best season in the PL as a wide left player now being asked to play a different role at the Bluebirds.

Big mistake by the journalist to question DJ and his reply is a clear indication of his opinion on anyones views which differ from his own. This is where Carls article makes it's biggest impact when he says DJ should not need reminding of the talent he has to work with, but he should be reminded that he is paid to make the talent work.

Ultimately he will be judged on his ability to do that one thing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:11 am

Good article Carl but it is wishful thinking if you think DJ is going to change.

DJs character does not allow him to associate with the fans. I'm not too sure if that is the way he is or he has been made that way through what he has been through. Unfortunately that will rub off onto the players, I cant remember Bellamy showing his appreciation like he did in the beginning. However as far as I am concerned DJ has crossed the line by going public about the fans and my opinion of him has worsened because of it. If we go up or not I would like to see him leave.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:18 am

Great article. As I sit with my lad in the family stand next to the away supporters, it never ceases to amaze me how many players always make a point of coming over to the away fans and clapping them at he start and end of a game.If truth be told,I am quite jealous of this and one example I can give of when our team needed to do this for us was when we went to Middlesborough.
We spent a total of 12 hours on the coach and had to endure one of the worst lack lustre away performances of the season, despite this, the fans were very vocal in supporting the team till the final whistle. No player came over to our end and they just sloped off the pitch, in fact the only player to clap as they went off was Bellamy. Although we lost that game,if the team had bothered to come over and show their appreciation to us fans then the six hour journey home would have at least been a little easier to swallow. If DJ wants the CCS rocking then I am sure that if the players interacted more with us fans, then we would respond in bucketloads.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:28 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I laughed yesterday when he had another go about everyone having an opinion on tactics, the fans, media even messageboards. This was in responce to a question regarding Craig Bellamy moving into a more central role, or tucking in as DJ calls it. The question was does he appreciate that fans see a player i.e. Craig Bellamy , who had his best season in the PL as a wide left player now being asked to play a different role at the Bluebirds.

Big mistake by the journalist to question DJ and his reply is a clear indication of his opinion on anyones views which differ from his own. This is where Carls article makes it's biggest impact when he says DJ should not need reminding of the talent he has to work with, but he should be reminded that he is paid to make the talent work.

Ultimately he will be judged on his ability to do that one thing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Could not agree more he is paid to Manage them/Motivate them etc etc :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:29 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Good article Carl but it is wishful thinking if you think DJ is going to change.

DJs character does not allow him to associate with the fans. I'm not too sure if that is the way he is or he has been made that way through what he has been through. Unfortunately that will rub off onto the players, I cant remember Bellamy showing his appreciation like he did in the beginning. However as far as I am concerned DJ has crossed the line by going public about the fans and my opinion of him has worsened because of it. If we go up or not I would like to see him leave.

Ian, whatever happens this season, I want him to leave. But I Will give 100% Backing to Our Players right till the very end :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:29 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Good article Carl but it is wishful thinking if you think DJ is going to change.

Ian, whatever happens this season, I want him to leave. But I Will give 100% Backing to Our Players right till the very end :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:31 am

Bluebird64 wrote:Great article. As I sit with my lad in the family stand next to the away supporters, it never ceases to amaze me how many players always make a point of coming over to the away fans and clapping them at he start and end of a game.If truth be told,I am quite jealous of this and one example I can give of when our team needed to do this for us was when we went to Middlesborough.
We spent a total of 12 hours on the coach and had to endure one of the worst lack lustre away performances of the season, despite this, the fans were very vocal in supporting the team till the final whistle. No player came over to our end and they just sloped off the pitch, in fact the only player to clap as they went off was Bellamy. Although we lost that game,if the team had bothered to come over and show their appreciation to us fans then the six hour journey home would have at least been a little easier to swallow. If DJ wants the CCS rocking then I am sure that if the players interacted more with us fans, then we would respond in bucketloads.

Its hurts watching the Away teams at Our stadium with their Fans, If Only it was like that with us, This makes me Sad and Hate Dave Jones even more.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:31 am

Great article and a good read Mr Curtis :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Is carl a "standby" then for writing with the echo?? :lol:

Or was the title of his article suppose to read "a view from the stand, by Carl Curtis" ?

Or

"a view from the standby - Carl Curtis!" :lol:

However, Excellent article from Carl, just wish he'd rejoin our forum here.... Its been lonely with out him now he's found new love elsewhere!!! :lol:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Good article by Carl and hits the nail right on the head....a little contriteness from both manager and players would get the supporters back on side

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Merlin wrote:Is carl a "standby" then for writing with the echo?? :lol:

Or was the title of his article suppose to read "a view from the stand, by Carl Curtis" ?

Or

"a view from the standby - Carl Curtis!" :lol:

However, Excellent article from Carl, just wish he'd rejoin our forum here.... Its been lonely with out him now he's found new love elsewhere!!! :lol:

definately a view from the stand by Carl Curtis :lol:

And I am always here Craig :D :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:40 pm

Very well written article. An iron fist in a velvet glove I think.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Carl says about play offs or promoted. It is not inconceivable we could miss out altogether. All we need is one of DJ's famous runs.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:14 pm

maccydee wrote:Carl says about play offs or promoted. It is not inconceivable we could miss out altogether. All we need is one of DJ's famous runs.

Neil, I agree, but once again the other teams have messed up again except QPR, so we should hopefully take advantage of it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:Carl says about play offs or promoted. It is not inconceivable we could miss out altogether. All we need is one of DJ's famous runs.

Neil, I agree, but once again the other teams have messed up again except QPR, so we should hopefully take advantage of it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good to see the Manager Of The Month Award curse is working well for our cousins out west. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously we just have to take advantage of the results today we just have to. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:27 pm

The lurid allegations which were made against DJ about his time working in a children’s home were both disgusting and malicious and I have always admired him for clearing his name.

However, someone close to DJ has to get him to realise that the vindication he had by being found not guilty is not a trump card which means that anyone who questions his management of an expensively assembled playing squad has to be wrong and probably stupid.

I agree with you Ian he has crossed the line with the way he slagged off the supporters and while the powder will remain dry whilst we chase the Premiership dream, it will certainly begin to fire once the summer comes.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:29 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good to see the Manager Of The Month Award curse is working well for our cousins out west. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously we just have to take advantage of the results today we just have to. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

Our cousins down west have been very quite in the last 2 weeks :lol:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:04 pm

I agree with it all except about talking to the echo, its a joke paper.
DJ speaks with the BBC who give very good coverage without having a dig at the club, its players and manager at every opportunity. Lets be honest the likes of Steve Tucker and Terry Phillips are poor "Journalists" and if Tuckers ego gets any bigger he wont be able to walk through a door never mind get into the CCS. I wouldnt speak to them If i was him and hope he doesnt personally.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I agree with it all except about talking to the echo, its a joke paper.
DJ speaks with the BBC who give very good coverage without having a dig at the club, its players and manager at every opportunity. Lets be honest the likes of Steve Tucker and Terry Phillips are poor "Journalists" and if Tuckers ego gets any bigger he wont be able to walk through a door never mind get into the CCS. I wouldnt speak to them If i was him and hope he doesnt personally.

Luke, Carl writes for them :lol:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Its ok he wasnt on my hit list from the echo :lol:
and his article was a good read ;)
still a rubbish paper tho :lol: and bloody expensive as well