Re: " Great Article By Carl In Tonights Echo "

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its ok he wasnt on my hit list from the echo :lol:
and his article was a good read ;)
still a rubbish paper tho :lol: and bloody expensive as well

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:09 pm

You hit the nail on the head there Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Good report

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:39 am

Another well written article Mr Curtis, nice one.

Re: Great Article By Carl In Tonights Echo

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:Agree with everything he says there,they are things Jones could do to bring us all together,but he's too stubborn.

Your right its Time for Dave Jones, to stop being Arrogant/Stubborn and Support us as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

LIKE THIS WILL EVER HAPPEN!!! :cry:

Re: " Dave Jones it works both ways "

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:32 am

Why should Jones make the effort when the journalists in it constantly churn out reports full of inaccuracies?

If I were Jones I'd expect a level of professionalism from someone before I trusted them to quote me verbatim in a daily publication.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 am

DaveSheffield wrote:Why should Jones make the effort when the journalists in it constantly churn out reports full of inaccuracies?

If I were Jones I'd expect a level of professionalism from someone before I trusted them to quote me verbatim in a daily publication.

Dave it looks like Dave Jones is God to you, Carl is prob one of his biggest fans, but even he is man enough to admit some of Dave Jones Faults.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Why should Jones make the effort when the journalists in it constantly churn out reports full of inaccuracies?

Dave it looks like Dave Jones is God to you, Carl is prob one of his biggest fans, but even he is man enough to admit some of Dave Jones Faults.

I don't believe in any God, I think religion is futile. But that's a different matter.

I can acknowledge that it infuriates me when Bothroyd drifts out wide, crossing balls in for Whittingham and Burke and co, and it infuriates me to see we apparently STILL persist with zonal marking after Seamus Coleman tore us apart at Wembley last summer.

But I will NOT pretend that Jones has ANY obligation to speak to the local press until they display a basic level of professionalism in their work which shows they can be trusted to quote verbatim and give sources for their articles.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:36 am

Well, that's a noble view, except DJ reacts that way to any perceived criticism of himself. Even if correctly quoted and sourced, Jones still spits the dummy.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:39 am

nerd wrote:Well, that's a noble view, except DJ reacts that way to any perceived criticism of himself. Even if correctly quoted and sourced, Jones still spits the dummy.

Well that's not what this discussion was about. It was about him communicating via the local press.

But he's not as bad with the media as Alex Ferguson, the ultimate tantrum thrower when it comes to the media.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:30 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
nerd wrote:Well, that's a noble view, except DJ reacts that way to any perceived criticism of himself. Even if correctly quoted and sourced, Jones still spits the dummy.

Well that's not what this discussion was about. It was about him communicating via the local press.

But he's not as bad with the media as Alex Ferguson, the ultimate tantrum thrower when it comes to the media.

Agreed, but arguably, Ferguson has earnt that right by actually winning things...

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:35 pm

nerd wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

Agreed, but arguably, Ferguson has earnt that right by actually winning things...

To be fair mind, with his budget and the players he's had down the years, you'd expect him to be winning the trophies he has done! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:24 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't believe in any God, I think religion is futile. But that's a different matter.

I can acknowledge that it infuriates me when Bothroyd drifts out wide, crossing balls in for Whittingham and Burke and co, and it infuriates me to see we apparently STILL persist with zonal marking after Seamus Coleman tore us apart at Wembley last summer.

But I will NOT pretend that Jones has ANY obligation to speak to the local press until they display a basic level of professionalism in their work which shows they can be trusted to quote verbatim and give sources for their articles.

Dave, What if I told you that it is in Dave Jones contract to speak to the Media,plus many other things and Jones has broken that contract, All I will say for now is Watch this space if we dont go up.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dave, What if I told you that it is in Dave Jones contract to speak to the Media,plus many other things and Jones has broken that contract, All I will say for now is Watch this space if we dont go up.

To terminate a contract for breach of contract, you'd need to show there was material damage caused. Based upon that, I'd not say refusing to speak to local media - whilst talking to national media - would be enough in itself to survive a legal claim by Jones.

If it's the tip of the iceberg, then sure.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:28 pm

nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Dave, What if I told you that it is in Dave Jones contract to speak to the Media,plus many other things and Jones has broken that contract, All I will say for now is Watch this space if we dont go up.

To terminate a contract for breach of contract, you'd need to show there was material damage caused. Based upon that, I'd not say refusing to speak to local media - whilst talking to national media - would be enough in itself to survive a legal claim by Jones.

If it's the tip of the iceberg, then sure.

Certain Directors believe they have enough on him to Now terminate it if he fails and DJ wont walk away with a penny.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:30 am

its simple ''gross misconduct'' of being in charge of a team of skillfull football players

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Carl Look forward to your COLUMN IN TOMORROWS SOUTH WALES ECHO :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: