Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANY GUYS ON HERE USE

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:54 pm

The ENBREL injection for athritis or ankylosing spondylitis ? I start of this soon but as one of the problems with it is , that it can give heart attacks (and I have already had one ) has anyone on here, who has had a heart problem use this ?
I would like to know how you are,or have you had any kind of problems with it.

Re: ANY GUYS ON HERE USE

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:33 am

welshcitydragon wrote:The ENBREL injection for athritis or ankylosing spondylitis ? I start of this soon but as one of the problems with it is , that it can give heart attacks (and I have already had one ) has anyone on here, who has had a heart problem use this ?
I would like to know how you are,or have you had any kind of problems with it.

Hey WCD, I have been taking the Enbrel injections for the last 7 years, i don't suffer with heart problems, but since a young child i have suffered with Rheumathoid Arthritis. I take Enbrel along with Methorexate they seem to work well together and relieve the pain.

I inject once a week in the thigh, i rather inject there than in the stomach it's more comfortable for me there, sometimes on injecting it can be quite sore, because of a EU ruling they made the injections a little more blunt, after injection your skin can get a little inflamed as well, a bit puffy really.

Over the last year or so i have experienced a bit of Anxiety and Adrenaline rushes , not sure if that was down to the Enbrel or general day to day living , birth of a new child etc. I was put on propanolol for while but was taken off it due to seasonal Asthma and was advised by the GP to try and find trigger points forthe Anxiety and try self help.

I would say that the Enbrel has really helped me control the massive ammount of pain that i was in and has really changed the way my life in a big way.

I wish you all the best with your new treatment and hope that it is successful to you. :) :)

Let's hope for a win this Sunday, Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:38 am

i have just recently been diagnosed as having arthritis im my right knee, having been told all along it was a cartlidge andd my consultant said that i may have periodical painkilling injections, however it has not been that bad recently

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:44 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:i have just recently been diagnosed as having arthritis im my right knee, having been told all along it was a cartlidge andd my consultant said that i may have periodical painkilling injections, however it has not been that bad recently

Are you having Cortisone injections to control the inflamation? That what i had early days and that helped control it for a few months, but the swelling comes back quite quickly, they also injected my knee to remove the fluid.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:49 pm

elad wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i have just recently been diagnosed as having arthritis im my right knee, having been told all along it was a cartlidge andd my consultant said that i may have periodical painkilling injections, however it has not been that bad recently

Are you having Cortisone injections to control the inflamation? That what i had early days and that helped control it for a few months, but the swelling comes back quite quickly, they also injected my knee to remove the fluid.

Im waiting also for a new knee op, But my A S is in my back up into my neck, it also goes into my legs and arms,and even my ribs A S is really so bad But yes I hope the injections work for me as there is nothing more they can give me. The tablets Im on now is making problems for my kidneys, so fingers X this new stuff will do it.