Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE NEED TO GO BACK TO BASICS

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:19 pm

DJ needs to stop tinkering with the team and playing people out of position, and go back to a simple 4-4-2 formation where everyone knows where they are playing and what they are doing and perhaps then we will get back to our goal scoring ways. :ayatollah:

Back to basics, what do you all think. :ayatollah:

Re: WE NEED TO GO BACK TO BASICS

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 pm

If back to basics gets us some wins. yes, yes, yes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:22 pm

i believe people get too hooked over with formations . whether they play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 modern day footballers should be able to adapt . we just look for excuses far too easily when we lose

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:30 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:i believe people get too hooked over with formations . whether they play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 modern day footballers should be able to adapt . we just look for excuses far too easily when we lose

The last 2 games we have not started the games playing 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 its been more like 4-3-2-1 and some players have looked lost at times, when we have gone back to 4-4-2 during these games thats when we have been more dangerous going forward, thats the point im getting at and saying why we need to go back to basics from the start. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Jones has lost his bottle and started to panic like he does every year about this time.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:35 pm

I think they need to get some passion and play as a team, 'cos at the moment I'm feeling very disillusioned and thinking that they may be a bunch of mercenary bastards, hopefully I'm not coming across as being too negative. ;) :)

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:35 pm

i know where your coming from nobby but when DJ stuck with his tryed and trusted 4-4-2 formation he was slated to the hilt amongst the mass ranks .

We've been a tad unlucky last 2 games that's all . didn't get the rub of the green against ipswich and now costing a missed penalty at palace .

A bit of luck on sunday and we're on our way :ayatollah: