Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football Coaching Help Please

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:49 pm

For a while now i've wanted to do my coaching badges and coach childrens football, then one day move to the States and coach kids out there.

The problem though is that I haven't got a clue where to start, I've looked on the FAW and the FA's websites for help but can't seem to find anything.

So i was after some advice about where/how to start and also what would be the best courses which would help me get a visa in America as I would really like to move there but is extremely tough to get into to.

Any help/advice would be great.

:ayatollah:

Re: Football Coaching Help Please

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Better off starting with a junior side as they will put you on a course which is free then take it from there if your looking for a start give me a pm :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:54 pm

I did mine through the Welsh FA? Try giving them or the National Sports Centre a call they might put you onto the right track

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:55 pm

First of all you need to get the football leaders coaching badge, this is easy to get and it enables you to work with children. You can find out dates for these courses here http://www.welshfootballtrust.org.uk/coaching. I am hoping to do the same thing as you & I already have the leaders badge, your next move should be to talk to some childrens football clubs and ask if you can help volunteer coaching, this will give you good experience.

I am looking to go to Glamorgan University in September to do a football coaching foundation degree, this will give you the opportunity to get a lot of the badges and the university will fund you to do the courses. They will also send you out on work experience to gain further hands on experience.

This is the best sort of route into football that I could find, hope it helps. There are other football degrees around the UK, the best was in Liverpool which I had got accepted onto however with the current cuts they have now decided to drop the course so I will be doing it in Glamorgan.