Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

promotion via a qpr points deduction

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:42 am

i for one have never liked qpr ,but as much as i want to see city in the premier league i would nt want it via qpr losing points, if they ve done wrong thats the people who run the clubs fault, not the manager or players because if we were honest they deserve being where they are at this moment in the table

Re: promotion via a qpr points deduction

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:50 am

But by cheating, they've thus gained a benefit over other teams.

What would you like to have happen? Smack on the wrist? Meaningless fine?

if proven guilty, then unless points are deducted, the rules are toothless. Hell, Tan is a billionaire, right? So why not cheat like crazy, if you know full well the worst tat would happen is a fine you can easily pay?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:52 am

I'd happily take promotion because qpr got deducted points.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:53 am

caerblue wrote:i for one have never liked qpr ,but as much as i want to see city in the premier league i would nt want it via qpr losing points, if they ve done wrong thats the people who run the clubs fault, not the manager or players because if we were honest they deserve being where they are at this moment in the table

I agree, its not the teams and fans fault. But with a points deduction they are the ones who will suffer. I feel for them, we all know what it feels like to have a dodgy f**ker in the boardroom.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:56 am

i cant see how they ve cheated on the pitch ?????????,like i said its all down to the board and not a fault of manager and players

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:58 am

chuck them out of the league :lol:
remember the whole country called us cheats and more when we signed bellamy etc..
so balls to them all.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:59 am

I'd take it every day. It may be like sneaking in through the back door but, lets face it, none of us will be looking back and thinking the same when we're in the Premiership next season because of it

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:05 am

Rules are rules for me. Cheating and gaining an advantage. They may not have got this player/players if they hadn't done what they've done(alledgedly!). For a club with their money the only penalty they will feel is a points penalty!

If City benefit from it then so be it. Don't remember many rival fans worrying about getting in the play offs last year if we went in to administration! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:10 am

we should be capable of getting promotion by ourselfs and not just because some team lost points,as we are all well aware we are one of the most hated teams if not the most hated through out the entire league system :D,mostly because we are welsh every club wanted blackpool to beat us last year and though i dont care of what other clubs fans will say,i just wnt promotion via our own doing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 am

Another angle for all of this is if QPR are found guilty then docked points it would lead to a legal challenge from the club, if not docked points then it could lead to legal challenge from the chasing pack. Either way may 7th may be the last match day of the season but will the league be finalised on that day or will it take the courts to sort it out through the summer??

Any thoughts?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:34 am

wdb2721 wrote:Another angle for all of this is if QPR are found guilty then docked points it would lead to a legal challenge from the club, if not docked points then it could lead to legal challenge from the chasing pack. Either way may 7th may be the last match day of the season but will the league be finalised on that day or will it take the courts to sort it out through the summer??

Any thoughts?

this whole situation could get really messy can u imagine a situation where qpr get points deducted aother team get promotion but via the courts qpr get the points back,surey this matter needs to be sorted soon

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:23 am

we need to finish in the top two first :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:58 am

Didn't the same thing happen about twenty years ago, when Swindon were deducted points when they were promoted, & Sunderland took there place instead?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:19 pm

beddau blue wrote:we need to finish in the top two first :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly, even if QPR got deducted points they would still finish in front of us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:26 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Didn't the same thing happen about twenty years ago, when Swindon were deducted points when they were promoted, & Sunderland took there place instead?

Swindon had incredibly dodgy finances. From memory, deined promotion to Prem, docked points, fined and relegated a division.