Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: QPR..

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:52 pm

i heard about this this afternnon and thought nothing of it really. but having come back on now, it seems its very serious then. :o
fair play to you stan for answering everyones questions :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:52 pm

Its a shame as you are clearly the best team in the division. Any one of those charges could mean a points deduction - the one about falsifying documents is a real biggy and could end up in the law courts.

No gloating from me. As fans without much business expertise, we take it on trust that the board are honest and acting in the best interests of the club. How can we be sure that things were on the straight and narrow in the Ridsdale and even the Sam Hammam era? We just have to trust them.

Although we might benefit from this, it might take some of the gloss off if we go up.

Seems a bit ironic that Warnock is on the other side this time - especially as he was so adamant that West Ham should have had points deducted!

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:09 am

The shitty thing about this is it is the fans who suffer and in no way would i gloat because with Ridsdale as Chairman it wouldn't surprise me if we have some skeletons rattling around in the cupboard :roll:

Also although i dearly want to get to the Premiership i would much rather it's under our own steam not by default due to the misfortune of others i really do feel for genuine fans like Stan just imagine how we would feel if it was us :(

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:05 am

Stan-QPR wrote:I'm gutted Glammy.

The best season for us since 1982 & this shit springs up to bite you on the arse.

1 or 2 charges as you say you could beat...7? Don't think so.

I know people will be happy & that's fair enough its nature but its a shame the honest fan will lose out on what should be a landmark moment in they're lives. Real shame if this happens.

Stan like everyone else on here I will sympathise will all QPR fans if you get the book, fans pay good money to follow their team up until now that money was well spent for you lot as you are by far the most consistant team in the league and want it the most! Keep your chin up Stan as things may turn out OK.

I just wish this was happening to the Jacks!!!

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:19 am

Another angle for all of this is if QPR are found guilty then docked points it would lead to a legal challenge from the club, if not docked points then it could lead to legal challenge from the chasing pack. Either way may 7th may be the last match day of the season but will the league be finalised on that day or will it take the courts to sort it out through the summer??

Any thoughts?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:36 am

wdb2721 wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:I'm gutted Glammy.

The best season for us since 1982 & this shit springs up to bite you on the arse.

1 or 2 charges as you say you could beat...7? Don't think so.

I know people will be happy & that's fair enough its nature but its a shame the honest fan will lose out on what should be a landmark moment in they're lives. Real shame if this happens.

Stan like everyone else on here I will sympathise will all QPR fans if you get the book, fans pay good money to follow their team up until now that money was well spent for you lot as you are by far the most consistant team in the league and want it the most! Keep your chin up Stan as things may turn out OK.

I just wish this was happening to the Jacks!!!

Fair play bruvva. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sorry if I missed any posts aimed at me my head is spinning & it aint down to vodka this time! :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:12 am

Personally I hope QPR don't get docked points. As always in these situations it's the fans that'll suffer and no fan deserves to have the Prem snatched away from them for matters outside their control.

Also we shouldn't need this sort of help to go up and if this aids us it'll soil our promotion for ever more.

Let's get promoted on our own terms and not thanks to a bunch of dodgy suits in a boardroom.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
adamt958 wrote:i don't think the outcome will be as bad as we all think it would be :shock: .
And even if it is QPR with the season youve had should storm the playoffs :ayatollah:

I hope your right about the outcome pal.

If it did happen their is not enough games left to make a go of it. Imagine how deflated & let down the players & staff would be.

Have heard a few whispers tonight about a possible massive fine, but also that other clubs have been docked for the same thing & if so the F.A. will have to follow suit I imagine.

If this happened to you and you don't get automatic then i would be ashamed to go up through second place because me and i know i wouldn't be the only one who would feel we didn't deserve it, but on the other hand the owners of QPR must have known what they were doing surely?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:15 pm

i dont think anything will happen and it will start all conspiracy theories about the fa not following the rules so the welsh clubs dont get into the premier league.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 pm

a horse with no name wrote:i dont think anything will happen and it will start all conspiracy theories about the fa not following the rules so the welsh clubs dont get into the premier league.

well than ourselves and swansea would have the right to appeal to the F.A

thats like anti welsh which is not allowed

the F.A want to be careful because if thats there attitude thats absolutly appauling