Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: QPR..

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Igovernor wrote:What worries me is that the F.A. are rarely wrong & must have a fare bit of evidence to charge us with 7 counts. He signed with us over 2 years ago so its a bit strange coming to light with 10 games to go?! Bit of grassing it seems.

If we are found guilty we are right up shit creek, we won't go up, Warnock will leave & their will probably be a riot at our place but hey what can you do but wait & see how it pans out.

Hope your happy though! :lol:

Reason that this is now coming out is that last October the player signed an extension to his contract, and the league realised that there was a problem so they refered it to the FA as the league rules did not cover what qpr alledgedly did :thumbup:
[/quote]

Techical point, but do the FA have the authority to deduct points from what is a football league competition?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:40 pm

glammy74 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Stan, how many points would it likely to be?

i think every city fan would like to know this

Minimum of 18 points.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Well well well!!! :shock:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:50 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
glammy74 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Stan, how many points would it likely to be?

i think every city fan would like to know this

I tell you, if this happens, then DJ has used all his prayers up ;)

and if dosent happen then its defo DJ's fault and he should go :D :D

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:09 pm

CLUB STATEMENT (QPR)
Posted on: Wed 09 Mar 2011
In response to a statement from the FA (click here) earlier today, Queens Park Rangers Football Club have issued the following response.

Club Statement

Queens Park Rangers and Gianni Paladini can confirm that they have received charges from the Football Association.

Having co-operated fully with the FA's investigation, QPR and Mr Paladini shall be denying all of the charges and requesting a formal FA hearing to determine them.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:CLUB STATEMENT (QPR)
In response to a statement from the FA (click here) earlier today, Queens Park Rangers Football Club have issued the following response.

Club Statement

Queens Park Rangers and Gianni Paladini can confirm that they have received charges from the Football Association.

Having co-operated fully with the FA's investigation, QPR and Mr Paladini shall be denying all of the charges and requesting a formal FA hearing to determine them.

do you recon there innocent?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:16 pm

glammy74 wrote:

Club Statement

Going by what stan said in a previous post about their chairman I doubt it. But innocent until proven guilty!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:19 pm

wdb2721 wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

Club Statement

Going by what stan said in a previous post about their chairman I doubt it. But innocent until proven guilty!

there probs saying that to try and con the FA quickly

but 7 charges is alot mind

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:Terrible if QPR aren't allowed to carry on this season and get to the Prem. I'm against all this bookworm malarkey being a points deduction exercise.
If it's proved QPR cheated , then fair enough , BUT if it's an oversight of a stupid rule then let them carry on. On the pitch they deserve to be top , and I really hope we finish second now and get promoted under our own steam rather than as a consequence of some red-tape ....................... Good luck Stan

LMFAO.

If they fielded an ineligible player,it's cheating.
If they filed false information to the League with regards to the player funding and registration, it's cheating.

Cut the "bookworm malarkey" bs. If rules were broken, they cheated. Nothing to do with red tape.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:46 pm

There's a difference between cheating, and genuinely making a mistake with a bit of paperwork.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:49 pm

SteW wrote:There's a difference between cheating, and genuinely making a mistake with a bit of paperwork.

they wouldnt make it public etc. if it was a mistake over paperwork

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:49 pm

BBC reckon false documents involved

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 420413.stm

Flingin

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:52 pm

SteW wrote:There's a difference between cheating, and genuinely making a mistake with a bit of paperwork.

"Oh, sorry FA. WE didn't really know that agent wasn't a certified one - silly us, were' too dumb to actually chack out accreditations or anything like that, which were brought in by FIFA. Third party ownership? Oh, sorry again. Nobody at our club knows or understands any of those pesky rules. We're like women and the offside rule. What? You mean we can't say that these days? Filing false documentation... hmm, yeah, I got it. We had someone from the local comprehensive working for us, he handled it all. A maurauding group of macaque monkeys invaded our offices! Flinging shit everywhere! Documentation got ruined- we couldn't submit that, so Cuthbert made a new copy. He's good that way, does a nice line in £17 notes. Honest mistake..."

It's incredibly naive to believe the number and nature of charges levelled with regards to the handling of this player relate to a "genuine mistake". In the highly laughable situation all the charges could mysteriously be explained by that, the fact no-one can argue is that, mistake or not, the player was ineligible to play. If you want to go down the highly dubious moral morass which is trying to determine when rules actually apply or don't apply, then the game will be destroyed.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:55 pm

nerd wrote:

"Oh, sorry FA. WE didn't really know that agent wasn't a certified one - silly us, were' too dumb to actually chack out accreditations or anything like that, which were brought in by FIFA. Third party ownership? Oh, sorry again. Nobody at our club knows or understands any of those pesky rules. We're like women and the offside rule. What? You mean we can't say that these days? Filing false documentation... hmm, yeah, I got it. We had someone from the local comprehensive working for us, he handled it all. A maurauding group of macaque monkeys invaded our offices! Flinging shit everywhere! Documentation got ruined- we couldn't submit that, so Cuthbert made a new copy. He's good that way, does a nice line in £17 notes. Honest mistake..."

It's incredibly naive to believe the number and nature of charges levelled with regards to the handling of this player relate to a "genuine mistake". In the highly laughable situation all the charges could mysteriously be explained by that, the fact no-one can argue is that, mistake or not, the player was ineligible to play. If you want to go down the highly dubious moral morass which is trying to determine when rules actually apply or don't apply, then the game will be destroyed.

Correct

if it was 1 charge than fair enough

but its 7 charges :shock:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Indeed, if you buy the "honest mistake" for the false documents, then you have to admit it's a tad co-incidental the following charges also include :-

"It is also alleged QPR used or sought to pay an unauthorised agent"

In other words, QPR used/tried to use an unauthorised agent. IF proven, that's the most damning because it displays clear INTENT to break the rules.

This could turn out like a Swindon relegation iissue given the seriousness of the charges.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Stuff like this has been happening in the Irish domestic league over the last few seasons, and the punishments have been given out. QPR have to be punished if this proves to be true

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Sorry lads got side tracked.

Ye as mentioned above the charge covers 6 games so 18 points. Season over if that's the case.

The chairman involved Gianni Paladini is a slippery fucker & has previous for back handers & the majority of R's fans are astonished such distinguished owners are still entertaining the c*nt.

Very disappointing news if true.

Also I want to say fair play to the majority of you here not sticking the knife in. Very gallant of you. Genuinely.

If you benefited from this then fair play. Just a shame the fans lose out for some wankers wrong doing.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Yes but its the supporters that suffer. Players can move on and so can the Manager. The owners can f**k off when ever they like. But its the supporters that matter and that is who I feel sorry for. Secondly there is a lot of gloating on this site what is to say the same don't happen to us. Remember Ridsdale was Chairman !! and even more worrying is no one at our club knows how to run a club. Malaysians that haven't even heard the term football and a CEO that was a failure at his job with Rugby and knows nothing about running a fotball club. Please don't start gloating it might come back to haunt us.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Its a shame for QPRs fans and players, I wouldnt want to see that happen to anyone

Apart from the Jacks. F*ck them.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:07 pm

i don't think the outcome will be as bad as we all think it would be :shock: .
And even if it is QPR with the season youve had should storm the playoffs :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Rule about 3rd part ownership brought in after the Tevez affair, this is the first case since that West Ham not docked points as no rule in place FA took a lot of flack for that. Remember Sheff Utd manager at the time demanding points reduction for West Ham, a certain Neil warnock!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Sorry lads got side tracked.

Ye as mentioned above the charge covers 6 games so 18 points. Season over if that's the case.

The chairman involved Gianni Paladini is a slippery fucker & has previous for back handers & the majority of R's fans are astonished such distinguished owners are still entertaining the c*nt.

Very disappointing news if true.

Also I want to say fair play to the majority of you here not sticking the knife in. Very gallant of you. Genuinely.

If you benefited from this then fair play. Just a shame the fans lose out for some wankers wrong doing.

Stan, I thought only Cardiff City would be capable of such self destruction. The supporters and players have done f**k all wrong and don't deserve this. I guess the FA have already conducted their investigations and feel they have enough evidence to charge so its down to how or IF QPR can defend their actions. :shock:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:16 pm

adamt958 wrote:i don't think the outcome will be as bad as we all think it would be :shock: .
And even if it is QPR with the season youve had should storm the playoffs :ayatollah:

I hope your right about the outcome pal.

If it did happen their is not enough games left to make a go of it. Imagine how deflated & let down the players & staff would be.

Have heard a few whispers tonight about a possible massive fine, but also that other clubs have been docked for the same thing & if so the F.A. will have to follow suit I imagine.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Luton docked 10 points 2 season ago for dealing with unlicenced agent. Thats just one of the charges!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Stan,

I do feel sorry for your fans and players, but at the end of the day, given the charges levelled and their nature, doing nothing isn't the option - a fine has little to no meaning.

One of the charges is you "sought to pay an unauthorised agent" - if proven, that'll be the one that does for your promotion. The word "sought" indicates intent. given there are numerous charges, worst case scenario for you would be the same punishment as Swindon for their financial irregularities.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:30 pm

if they get points deducted then i feel for the qpr fans..imagine that happening to us..

i know we'd benefit but only by there being an extra auto place becoming available and we aint guaranteed to make it!!!

Cardiff v QPR play off final anyone?????? :lol:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 pm

nerd wrote:Stan,

I do feel sorry for your fans and players, but at the end of the day, given the charges levelled and their nature, doing nothing isn't the option - a fine has little to no meaning.

One of the charges is you "sought to pay an unauthorised agent" - if proven, that'll be the one that does for your promotion. The word "sought" indicates intent. given there are numerous charges, worst case scenario for you would be the same punishment as Swindon for their financial irregularities.

Can't disagree with any of that. It looks pretty heavy to me if I'm honest we're fucked.

The thing that will grate on me forever is the fact very very few QPR fans want Paladini near the club, he has taken back handers, he has an agency called Base Soccer where all our previous players used to come from (nice little commission) & now this shit. Its ridiculous tbh.

7 charges is dramas.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
7 charges is dramas.

just a bit :?

1 is acceptable but 7.

i wouldnt like to be in your shoes at the moment stan, sounds very worrying times

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:16 pm

I'm gutted Glammy.

The best season for us since 1982 & this shit springs up to bite you on the arse.

1 or 2 charges as you say you could beat...7? Don't think so.

I know people will be happy & that's fair enough its nature but its a shame the honest fan will lose out on what should be a landmark moment in they're lives. Real shame if this happens.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:45 pm

if QPR were deducted points i cud see us and swansea both going up