Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Surely BOTH sides agree...?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:28 pm

I'd like to think that both those of us against Jones, and for Jones, can agree on one thing; we should not be embroiled in such a tussle as we are now.

Best squad ever -Jones given carte blanche to assemble the squad that, in his opinion should get automatically promoted. A massive wage bill too.

Backed in January - Again had an opportunity to reinforce what he had, and did so.

One of the best paid managers - I'm not sure what Sven is on, but other than him Dave Jones is on a massive salary - the type of salary you give to a manager that can at least compete with QPR

Lack of strength in the League - Teams beating each other, lower placed teams taking points off top placed teams points only to a weak league - ripe for exploiting as QPR have done.

That is only the half of it, but surely everyone can see that WE should not be in a rat race amongst two newly promoted teams, and a tiny club from west Wales, amongst others. This league was there for the taking. No team will ever have an easier chance of running away from the teams behind and secyuring promotion. We know the players can play if they decide themselves - ala Swansea derby.

Dave Jones has been given EVERYTHING he wanted, what HE deemed was required to acheive automatic promotion.

The position of manager dictates that HE is to blame for this. He is not managing the players correctly. He is the man that is to be held accountable for these failings, and it helps NO ONE if people keep defending him and his results, actions, tactics, or indeed blame the players. It is a mess, let us be honest.

He is failing. And because of this, we will kiss goodbye to any chance of automatic promotion.

Re: Surely BOTH sides agree...?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 pm

You're positivity is most welcome...............

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:32 pm

I don't like sand getting in my ears, eyes, nose and mouth

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:06 pm

30 POINTS TO PLAY FOR AND 2 POINTS OFF AUTOS - I DON;T THINK TOP 2 SPOT IS OVER FOR US

I agree with a lot of your points tyler but look around the table, everyone is leaking points. We have been extremely unlucy last two games!!

ps. good speaking with you on the coach, nice healthy debate!!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:15 pm

TheWord wrote:30 POINTS TO PLAY FOR AND 2 POINTS OFF AUTOS - I DON;T THINK TOP 2 SPOT IS OVER FOR US

I agree with a lot of your points tyler but look around the table, everyone is leaking points. We have been extremely unlucy last two games!!

It's easy to knock stats around, how about no goals and no points from the last 3 hours of league football?

Yes we have 30 points to play for, but that is a far cry from gaining another 30 points, especially if we keep playing in the same toothless way.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:28 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:He is failing. And because of this, we will kiss goodbye to any chance of automatic promotion.

So, at this point, the 2 point gap is too much to make up is it? :roll:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:30 pm

i think dave jones has totally lost it how can he say the missed penalty was nt decisive if we scored it we probably would have won .It lifted them and deflated us

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:He is failing. And because of this, we will kiss goodbye to any chance of automatic promotion.

So, at this point, the 2 point gap is too much to make up is it? :roll:

No, I would've used the words 'has failed' rather than 'is failing' if I thought that :roll:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:33 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:i think dave jones has totally lost it how can he say the missed penalty was nt decisive if we scored it we probably would have won .It lifted them and deflated us

Spot on with that. He needs to face facts, say it how it is and stop trying to kid both himself and the fans

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:21 pm

TheWord wrote:30 POINTS TO PLAY FOR AND 2 POINTS OFF AUTOS - I DON;T THINK TOP 2 SPOT IS OVER FOR US

Yeah mate, but with our squad, we should be laughing and riding off into the distance while everyone else is leaking points - like qpr have been doing.

Good speaking to you yesterday too mate :ayatollah: