A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bothroyd Key To Promotion

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Possession Palace 40% Cardiff 60%
Attempts on target Palace 4 Cardiff 6
Attempts off target Palace 2 Cardiff 3
Corners Palace 3 Cardiff 5
Stupid Goals Conceded Palace 0 Cardiff 1

From what I picked up on the Radio, Palace were never going to score from open play and it was a really stupid goal we conceded. The problem was a very tame first half performance, a missed penalty (Not well taken) and we just couldn't breakdown the palace defence. Also their keeper made 3 very good saves.

Fact is 6 shots on target from our strike force is not enough. :evil:

Worryingly we have lost the killer touch in front of goal. Jay Bothroyd is no longer a threat :oops:, earlier on in the season we had the balance of Bothroyd and Chops with Bellamy the other threat. Now I am not totally blaming Jay Bothroyd but we know when he was out injured earlier on in the season we struggled and went on a bad run. Now although he is on the pitch at the moment it is clear to see he is head is somewhere else. Yes we are also missing Ramsey and without his extra work rate in midfield and general class the Bothroyd issue is even more apparent because Ramsey was getting forward and providing better ball from the midfield or having a shot himself. I think that Ramsey was a sticky plaster over the Bothroyd issue. Chops can get goals but we know he wont get enough to see us through, same with Bellamy. Without being too dramatic, unless Jay starts scoring again we can kiss goodbye to the autos. If we drop him do we think that Parkin is the answer? By that I mean is he going to get us a enough goals between now and the end of the season? Not sure about that either, come on Jay sort it out and start banging them in again.

Also have we forgotten how to score from corners, we don't seem to even put teams under any pressure from corners at the moment?

Re: Bothroyd Key To Promotion

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 pm

if jay can find his scoring form then our results will pick up!
we never seem to score from corners even though we normally have about 10 corners a game! its just we concede from them!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:06 am

when did we last score from a corner?????

Each game, I keep thinking - the law of averages means we must score one soon (everytime we get a corner), but it just never happens.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:48 am

He is the key IMO and te first name on the teamsheet but then when your own fans are calling you a lazy c*nt and a tw@t up close when he was on the sidelines I'd think fck em I'm off to the prem next season.
For some reason our fans think they are something special.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:26 am

The way he is playing at the moment what prem clubs would be looking at him, if he want's the prem he has got to sort himself out FAST, start talking to chops again not having a go. We still got time to sort this out no other club are running away with it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:18 am

Exactly Jays lose of form is seriously f*cking up our promotion bid.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:12 pm

Pretty much agree, I have always thought Jay was the key to promotion and that we would have beaten Blackpool with him fit and playing.

Oli is also a massive loss at the moment hopefully he will be back soon !!!!!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:59 pm

murphy wrote:Exactly Jays lose of form is seriously f*cking up our promotion bid.

Well put Murphy, he is coming in for a lot of stick on here tonight, quite rightly so IMO. Come on Jay sort it out son.