Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question: You sack DJ, who comes in?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Lots of people calling for his head on here as always. so who would you replace him with?!

Sam Allardyce? Long ball week in week out - no thanks

Tony Pullis? no chance of him leaving a mid table premiership club to come here

Martin O'Neill? Too good for Championship, he wouldn't come here

I can't think of anyone else that could come in.

Let's face it - DJ is the best we have at the moment, let's get behind him.

...cue the abuse!

:lol:

Re: Question: You sack DJ, who comes in?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:03 pm

my cock would do a better job than him. no joke

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:08 pm

I ran over a hedgehog on the way home from work yesterday, it had more guts than DJ. Why not give it ago?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Hughton

quadsas wrote:my cock would do a better job than him. no joke

Makes no odds who, doubt he would do any worse than jones in run-ins with City. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Terry Burton

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Terry Burton? At least he'd show some passion and put a rocket up some of the players backsides! Only 2 points ahead of 6th now, if results didn't go for us the past 2 games we would be literally out of it!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Like or not DJ is here until the end of the season.

If he leaves it will be in the summer and there could be any number of managers available then.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:12 pm

Jonesy99 wrote:Like or not DJ is here until the end of the season.

If he leaves it will be in the summer and there could be any number of managers available then.

CHAMPIONSHIP IT IS THEN.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:13 pm

pauly_gee wrote:Lots of people calling for his head on here as always. so who would you replace him with?!

Sam Allardyce? Long ball week in week out - no thanks

Tony Pullis? no chance of him leaving a mid table premiership club to come here

Martin O'Neill? Too good for Championship, he wouldn't come here

I can't think of anyone else that could come in.

Let's face it - DJ is the best we have at the moment, let's get behind him.

...cue the abuse!

:lol:

EDDIE MAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Ok, well in 8 posts there has been two real suggestions:

1) Hughton - possibly?
2) Terry Burton - i believe he has stated he only wants to be number 2 and doesn't want the front man job, so we can rule that one out.

So far, suggestions are Hughton or a hedgehog.

We bleat on about wanting jones out, but see the wider picture, there is no-one to come in!!!

We all have our concerns about him (some rightly so!), but we have got to get behind the team AND the manager, otherwise we'll spiral out of contention!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:17 pm

i have critisided him tonight but we cant sack him to late with so little games remaining in regards to some 1 coming in meeting players getting used to the place

has to be jones to end of season

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:23 pm

of course he has to stay til the end of the season!

People are just venting their frustration. Surely, with a clear mind, no-one would disagree?

changing the manager at this point of the season would be sheer stupidity.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:27 pm

I want a manager who can put a bit of urgecy and energy in the team, listened to tonights game on the radio and the commentators mentioned that we were very slow, lathargic, going sideways in the first half, our manager needs to get them fired up now or move on because he is the person who sets them up to play this way,we were even slowing up quick counter attacks and this has been the case for most of the season. We are at the business end of the season and we should not be lacking in the urgency and energy department. :evil: :evil:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Jones until the end of the season, then get Gus Poyet in!!!!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:30 pm

Some fantastic goals in the championship tonight - Leeds' two goals were great finishes, even Swansea's goal was well worked.

On paper we have an awesome side, but we have to make these chances count! We hit the bar today, missed a pen, another inspired keeper performance from speroni.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:31 pm

pauly_gee wrote:Ok, well in 8 posts there has been two real suggestions:

1) Hughton - possibly?
2) Terry Burton - i believe he has stated he only wants to be number 2 and doesn't want the front man job, so we can rule that one out.

We bleat on about wanting jones out, but see the wider picture, there is no-one to come in!!!

We all have our concerns about him (some rightly so!), but we have got to get behind the team AND the manager, otherwise we'll spiral out of contention!

Make the job vacant, see the CV's rolling in. FACT.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm sure they would roll in, but people of true quality??

I doubt it.

...and certainly not to make an impact within 10 games.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:33 pm

Gus Poyet at the end of the season I repeat.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:

1) Hughton - possibly?

I Think that Annis would apply ;)

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Terry Burton :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Already said, Terry Burton doesn't want to be the front man, only number 2.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 am

Uncle Fester wrote:
Jonesy99 wrote:Like or not DJ is here until the end of the season.

CHAMPIONSHIP IT IS THEN.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sadly, I have to agree with this - at least when he finally goes, we can look forward to a Manager who hopefully will not bottle it in the way DJ has time and time again!

I've thought this for a while - and have been looking forward to August for a long time.

The only worry I've got is that we bottle it again (but for example, there's a bad decision against us at Wembley and DJ uses that as an excuse and blames the defeat on it and he's not sacked) and he's still here come the first game in August - now that thought really terrifies me!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:14 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

1) Hughton - possibly?

I strongly suspect that Annis would do better than the current incumbent :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :D :D

I Think that Annis would apply ;)

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 am

Di Matteo

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:35 am

The last it seemed jones job was under pressure (before leeds game) we went on a great run
I can only hope this happens again, but i dont see his job bein under pressure untilwe bottle it at end of season. At this rate without ramsey, we may even miss playoffs, remember two seasons ago?? We thought we nailed a playoff place but fecked that right up. Im fully behind the team and will back dj while he is in charge but got a bad bad feeling that leeds forest and burnley will overtake us.. Our midfield is poor atm.

We need rambo back!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:36 am

Ps, and to answer question, poyet

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:04 am

Chuckle brothers, the blind woman off emmerdale or Louis spence(at least he'd move about on the touch line lol) I think they'd all be better and have a plan b.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:16 am

piroteczz wrote:Terry Burton

That IMO is the most obvious answer. Put DJ on gardening leave and promote TB to first team manager.

As an added bonus to our cost aware owners doing that would add nothing to the wage bill or involve a huge pay off this close to the end of the season and frankly is the only possible option which could save our season.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:37 am

Bellers - Player manager. Can't fall out with himself....surly????