Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WAIT FOR IT....

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:56 pm

DOOM AND GLOOM ATTACK COMING!!!!

Re: WAIT FOR IT....

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:59 pm

What do you suggest? a quick round of applause for our fabulous manager and his brave little soldiers?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:01 pm

What positives can we take from the last two games?????

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Yeah, lets organise an open top bus parade for our heroes over paid bunch of wank

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:DOOM AND GLOOM ATTACK COMING!!!!

dont tell us we are due a run of wins?? :roll:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:05 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:DOOM AND GLOOM ATTACK COMING!!!!

dont tell us we are due a run of wins?? :roll:

i wont say due,,,,more like overdue!! promotion is still on the cards KTF :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:07 pm

Bottom line is that we have the players to walk this division - a la Newcastle last year.

The fact that we haven't I can only put down to Dave Jones and his recruitment. We are a team of individuals. Now and then (Norwich home, Watford home, Doncaster home) it clicks and we look unplayable. Everyone may say this is a knee jerk reaction but unless there is a big turnaround it's play offs again

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:07 pm

porthcawlcasual wrote:What do you suggest? a quick round of applause for our fabulous manager and his brave little soldiers?

:lol:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:08 pm

Jonesy99 wrote:Bottom line is that we have the players to walk this division - a la Newcastle last year.

The fact that we haven't I can only put down to Dave Jones and his recruitment. We are a team of individuals. Now and then (Norwich home, Watford home, Doncaster home) it clicks and we look unplayable. Everyone may say this is a knee jerk reaction but unless there is a big turnaround it's play offs again

not even that 7th :shock:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:45 pm

porthcawlcasual wrote:What do you suggest? a quick round of applause for our fabulous manager and his brave little soldiers?

Nope. Just get over it and move on....

If the penalty had gone in (very poor by Whitts) then it would have been a different outcome

I'm not naive (been going too long) but I'm not a boo-boy at every opportunity either!!

We have no devine right to win every football match and tonight was extra frustrating after Saturday but some of the vitriol that will come from the usual suspects will only help drag down the team....

Perhaps that is what SOME want....but I sincerely hope not!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Shit i :evil:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Shit i :evil:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:53 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

If the penalty had gone in (very poor by Whitts) then it would have been a different outcome

I'm not naive (been going too long) but I'm not a boo-boy at every opportunity either!!

We have no devine right to win every football match and tonight was extra frustrating after Saturday but some of the vitriol that will come from the usual suspects will only help drag down the team....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

SPOT ON MATE!!!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:59 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Yeah, IF we'd not had the usual DJ slump, we'd be miles clear. Since you want to play hypotheticals, right?

Nobody is saying we have a divine right to win every game. The fact you want to introduce such a ludicrous notion shows your argument to be a poor one.

But of course, it's the "usual suspects" at fault. Everyone here wants the team to fail, riiiight.

The team performances have, overall, been disappointing, a few good games aside. Fans can see - yet again - DJ has got us into a good position, but when the chips are down and we NEED results ( to capitalise on results going our way ), the team blows it.

If only DJ had a stellar history for sealing the deal, eh?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Still only 7 points off 1st (and we have to play them)...
Still only 2 points off 2nd and 3rd (who play each other)...
Still 1 point clear of 5th and 2 of 6th (who play each other)...
& although Burnley are 5 behind with 2 games in hand, Forest could've been 1 point off top if they'd won their games!

Whilst there is a mathematical chance that we can go up as Champions, we can still go up as Champions.

If there is a mathematical chance that we can go up Runners Up, we can still go up as Runners Up!!

Booing won't help (even if we do pay money and have the right to voice our displeasure) and previous spells of the season has more than proved this. Scaremongering won't help. Polls about who should be manager won't help. Cliches about Sam Hammam won't help.

We have a team of individuals and a stubborn manager so what, just get behind the team, week in week out and keep believing, simple as!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:14 pm

im fed up of listening to crap, we got the squad of players to piss this league, but we aint doing it, why??????/

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

The season is becoming once more a collection of what ifs.

If the penalty had gone in it would have been a different outcome.

If we'd scored first against Ipswich we'd have gone on to win comfortably.

If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

The fact remains that in the last two games against teams in the lower half of the table we have gained precisely no points and I'm just wondering how people can be so sure that we can go on any sort of a run needed to gain automatic promotion.

And our much vaunted forward line has chosen a most inconvenient time to stop scoring goals.
Last edited by davids on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:18 pm

ninianblue wrote:im fed up of listening to crap, we got the squad of players to piss this league, but we aint doing it, why??????/

We have yes but we aren't so no point dwelling on it. When the season is said and done then it can be evaluated. But at the moment all it does it bring down the morale of the fans and the players. As fans we just need to support the team, that's all were at the games to do.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:20 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:
ninianblue wrote:im fed up of listening to crap, we got the squad of players to piss this league, but we aint doing it, why??????/

We have yes but we aren't so no point dwelling on it. When the season is said and done then it can be evaluated. But at the moment all it does it bring down the morale of the fans and the players. As fans we just need to support the team, that's all were at the games to do.

Good support tonight. Come the end of the season it wont be the fans they can blame, well someone might.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:26 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:

Personally i think the morale of the City fans has been flat for a while, hence the subdued atmosphere at the CCS & the booing, especially after a poor game. Its as if we [they] expect disappointment as a forgone conclusion, especially with the manager & players that we have, & given DJ's record over the last Six years its not difficult to see why.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:18 am

nerd wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:

Yeah, IF we'd not had the usual DJ slump, we'd be miles clear. Since you want to play hypotheticals, right?

Nobody is saying we have a divine right to win every game. The fact you want to introduce such a ludicrous notion shows your argument to be a poor one.

But of course, it's the "usual suspects" at fault. Everyone here wants the team to fail, riiiight.

The team performances have, overall, been disappointing, a few good games aside. Fans can see - yet again - DJ has got us into a good position, but when the chips are down and we NEED results ( to capitalise on results going our way ), the team blows it.

If only DJ had a stellar history for sealing the deal, eh?

Still doing better than last year....and therefore better than for many a year, if not ever!!

Problem is simple....lack of appreciation for the FACT that we are at least in the mix after years of REAL shite!!

But hey, as MOST weren't there in the 'dark days' (c.6000 regulars in 1999) how would they understand how BAD it REALLY was and how GOOD it is now?!?!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:36 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Still doing better than last year....and therefore better than for many a year, if not ever!!

Problem is simple....lack of appreciation for the FACT that we are at least in the mix after years of REAL shite!!

But hey, as MOST weren't there in the 'dark days' (c.6000 regulars in 1999) how would they understand how BAD it REALLY was and how GOOD it is now?!?!

Colour and smileys; style over substance.

Better than last year? A ridiculous comparison. Each season is different - no-onw running away with it. Different dynamic - which makes dropped points more important now.

"if not ever"? Might want to check our history there, before making such a silly claim.

Funnily enough, I was there when we were getting crowds of 2500 - guess you got involved when that rose to 6k. Even that's a silly point. Where we were then is utterly irrelevant to now. What we have now, is a highly paid manager, highly paid squad bankrolled by the Malasians who, when the big games arise, go hiding. If you're prepared to accept failure because we're better off than under Kumar, then congratulations of championing failure.

Winners find ways to win when things get tough. Getting close but failing at the end still means failing.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:01 am

nerd wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:

Colour and smileys; style over substance.

Better than last year? A ridiculous comparison. Each season is different - no-onw running away with it. Different dynamic - which makes dropped points more important now.

"if not ever"? Might want to check our history there, before making such a silly claim.

Funnily enough, I was there when we were getting crowds of 2500 - guess you got involved when that rose to 6k. Even that's a silly point. Where we were then is utterly irrelevant to now. What we have now, is a highly paid manager, highly paid squad bankrolled by the Malasians who, when the big games arise, go hiding. If you're prepared to accept failure because we're better off than under Kumar, then congratulations of championing failure.

Winners find ways to win when things get tough. Getting close but failing at the end still means failing.

Quote: "IF NOT EVER...."

Simple mate, as I clearly use the word "IF" on the grounds it would be open to some debate BUT financially and status-wise it would be pretty damn big....

As for your statement: "Funnily enough, I was there when we were getting crowds of 2500 - guess you got involved when that rose to 6k" I suggest you go back to 1968 for my first game at Ninian Park and I have never missed a season since, so I believe I am qualified to comment. So you are WRONG ON THAT ONE (Apology accepted in advance)

Then you state: "What we have now, is a highly paid manager, highly paid squad bankrolled by the Malasians who, when the big games arise, go hiding." which HAS to be the daftest statement on here for some time (even by your standards). Who on earth do you think have underwritten the current team (loanees or otherwise) for this promotion push that they are still VERY MUCH involved in??

Finally you state: "If you're prepared to accept failure because we're better off than under Kumar, then congratulations of championing failure." You are having a laugh....for the reasons I stated. That it isn't happening as fast as SOME (and that obviously includes you) would like/demand is down to a certain ignorance and if you could open your eyes wide enough to look at the history of promotion from this league you would see that a fair number of CURRENT Premiership sides took a number of years (taking big knocks on the way) before getting there. I use Birmingham, Wolves and West Brom as obvious examples....

Now, if you need to have a pop (as you have done previously) then please at least do it with some style....and FACT!!

Cheers....

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:
:roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:15 am

sven, it is too late to do anything about Jones, but he is ruining it again.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:06 am

Same old,same old unfortunately.

We have SOME members of the team, who, in my opinion, do not want promotion badly enough.

So frustrating to see players who have unquestionable talent letting themselves down.

We have a mixture of talented players with not much heart and less talented players with big hearts.

When are we going to come out like a bunch of hungry terriers who we seem to play against, most weeks now.

Agreed luck is not going our way at present but it is the old saying " the harder I work the luckier I get"

Totally frustrated like many on here. When are we going to click?

Time is running out and I ain't going to Wembley. Mentally scarred for life in 2010.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:28 am

Damned Yank wrote:sven, it is too late to do anything about Jones, but he is ruining it again.

You know, in general, I am a Dave Jones fan, but occasionally he does baffle me....like tonight with his very late substitution and allowing a team only to turn up for the second half, so I really do understand your point.

But my support for the mighty Bluebirds goes beyond ONE game and that game is over, so let's move on, get behind them for the next game, and if it ends up with promotion then yahoo!! But I'll still be there next year when many have gone (as some have done already)

I also agree with you that it's too late to change the manager. But as for next year IF we fail to go up?? Well, even I now have to admit that's a different ball game....

Thanks for your reasoned comment....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:30 am

Then you state: "What we have now, is a highly paid manager, highly paid squad bankrolled by the Malasians who, when the big games arise, go hiding." which HAS to be the daftest statement on here for some time (even by your standards). Who on earth do you think have underwritten the current team (loanees or otherwise) for this promotion push that they are still VERY MUCH involved in??

if I was you fella, I'd read the posters comment again and then apologise to him

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:41 am

Due to the play off final and the last 4 games of the previous season - we, the fans are naturally getting anxious.

Everytime we look like we are going to push on, we suddenly go on a streak that defies logic.
Draws and defeats against teams near the bottom ( at the time of playing) when the opportunity is there to pull away from the pack, 7-8 game unbeaten streaks followed by 7-8 games without a win.

Unfortunately we have seen this all before over the previous seasons and I guess that might explain the atmosphere of doom and gloom :?: We are all waiting for it to go wrong because that is what we have come to expect. :!:

We need to break this run on Sunday, no excuses and we will have pressure on the team as we play after everyone else and we cannot keep relying on others dropping points

we simply have to win our games and we have to do our part to get behind the team in the last 10 games - it's time for the team to make a statement of intent and for us the fans to back them.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 pm

scrappy doo wrote:Then you state: "What we have now, is a highly paid manager, highly paid squad bankrolled by the Malasians who, when the big games arise, go hiding." which HAS to be the daftest statement on here for some time (even by your standards). Who on earth do you think have underwritten the current team (loanees or otherwise) for this promotion push that they are still VERY MUCH involved in??

if I was you fella, I'd read the posters comment again and then apologise to him

Actually, you are right....and I sincerely apologise on that point alone. I am, if little else, someone who can apologise when (unusually) wrong....

The rest stands, though....

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:30 pm

I Spent a lot of money going last night i am entitled to say what i like :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: