Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"BOO BOYS COULD DERAIL CARDIFF DREAM"

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:23 pm

according to DJ

And i tend to agree with him

Booing the team isnt helping the players or the manager at all

i no we all want to critisise the team if we underpreform (my self included) because we always want the boys to play well and win

but we need to take a step back and actually accept that maybe we wasnt on form today and that we aint going to be great every game

hopefully we'll get back to winning ways starting tonight against palace and lets get behind the boys and inspire them on for the remainder of the season ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "BOO BOYS COULD DERAIL CARDIFF DREAM"

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38828

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Personally this remark from dJ annoys me even more. He is just loking for an excuse.

In the old days players use to reply to booing by trying to prove the fans wrong. If this booing is disturbing the players then they have become a soft bunch.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:28 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38828

oops :oops:

didnt see that one :lol:

:ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:32 pm

[quote="Bakedalasker"]

In the old days players use to reply to booing by trying to prove the fans wrong [quote]

i agree with that actually :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:32 pm

Let me start by saying I do not agree with the idea of booing your own team especially during the game.

HOWEVER

I'm getting a little tired of this nonsense that in some way it's affecting the players. Why should that be? If anything it should stir them on to show that they are fully committed to the cause and willing to bust a gut for the club.

It doesn't seem to work the other way does it? Why doesn't our magnificent away support inspire the players? Almost 3000 at Forest but the players weren't inspired enough so why should they be adversely affected by a few boos after the game is finished?

Sorry guys, this just looks like yet another example of Jones getting his excuses in early. What effect can a bit of booing seriously have on the performance of professional athletes who are exceptionally well paid and who it seems can't take a bit of criticism?

They all want to man up a bit, Jones especially and concentrate on the job in hand rather than looking for excuses in advance.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:28 pm

davids wrote:Let me start by saying I do not agree with the idea of booing your own team especially during the game.

HOWEVER

I'm getting a little tired of this nonsense that in some way it's affecting the players. Why should that be? If anything it should stir them on to show that they are fully committed to the cause and willing to bust a gut for the club.

It doesn't seem to work the other way does it? Why doesn't our magnificent away support inspire the players? Almost 3000 at Forest but the players weren't inspired enough so why should they be adversely affected by a few boos after the game is finished?

Sorry guys, this just looks like yet another example of Jones getting his excuses in early. What effect can a bit of booing seriously have on the performance of professional athletes who are exceptionally well paid and who it seems can't take a bit of criticism?

They all want to man up a bit, Jones especially and concentrate on the job in hand rather than looking for excuses in advance.

Quite agree. That second half showed a total lack of conviction and Bothroyd in particular would have been subbed for that performance by any manager with the balls to punish a good player who is simply not working hard enough.
The statement is one of a choker who doesn't realize he is one.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:37 pm

OK I agree somewhat with DJ that the booing can't be helping, I do not boo but it is the perogative of every paying patron to show their dissatifaction should they feel the need . DJ needs to direct his energy in getting the team to click rather than moaning in the press about the support. He is not the most popular of managers as it is, then he goes and comes out with this. If he wants to get the fans behind him then he needs to start showing some passion on the side line and realise that he is at the helm of a club which has very passionate support.

If he starts showing the passion then he will soon have the backing of the crowd and together we will go up! 6pts from the next two games then we will be in a fine position.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:42 pm

davids wrote:Let me start by saying I do not agree with the idea of booing your own team especially during the game.

HOWEVER

Finally a little bit of sense. Well said.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 pm

He mentioned that the players were down and bemused at booing at half time against Ipswich. What a load of rubbish I didnt hear booing at half time , everyone by me were clapping for a half decent first half.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:18 pm

bollox, these are proffesional sportsmen, f*cking well overpaid, , there consentration should be so high, they shouldnt even notice 20 odd thousand people, ,,, jimmy white 7 or 8 years ago said, my concentration was so great, i never heard 1 voice, shouting for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so when we shout to a player do the aytollah, and they do it on the pitch, are they not in a deep concentration?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:00 pm

glammy74 wrote:according to DJ

And i tend to agree with him

Booing the team isnt helping the players or the manager at all

i no we all want to critisise the team if we underpreform (my self included) because we always want the boys to play well and win

but we need to take a step back and actually accept that maybe we wasnt on form today and that we aint going to be great every game

hopefully we'll get back to winning ways starting tonight against palace and lets get behind the boys and inspire them on for the remainder of the season ;)

What booing? Jones is looking for excuses instead of looking for ways of beating teams

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: