Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC VERY VERY LUCKY

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:34 pm

I feel Dave Jones and Cardiff City as a whole are very very lucky that the championship is like it is this season....If this was last season then we would have absolutely no chance of automatics......With the squad we have got...the additions made compared to our play off finish last season we should be clear in 2nd at least...but we are not...i am starting to feel that DJ has taken us as far as we can...if we do go up automatically i feel it would flatter DJ and i think we would need a new manager in the premier league...i respect DJ and have always been a fan...but Dave there is no reason...no exscuse that we should be in QPR's position and them in ours....looking so far over the season...we are just lucky there is no west brom and no newcastle....im just hoping this is our lucky year....coz that is exactly what CCFC needs this year to take us up....

DJ...get us up and then move on....you may say "ive taken cardiff city up" "i should be given the opportunity in the premiership"..my opinion is...NO DAVE....if you were a quality/decent premiership manager then with the team we have at our disposal now you would have us in QPR's position.....

Rant over....whats everyones opinions?

Re: CCFC VERY VERY LUCKY

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:15 am

Exellent post, Your right there,s no Newcastle, WBA this season, this is our best chance ever to go up, if we dont do it this season, we never will, not in my lifetime anyway :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:30 am

ccfcdor wrote:I feel Dave Jones and Cardiff City as a whole are very very lucky that the championship is like it is this season....If this was last season then we would have absolutely no chance of automatics......With the squad we have got...the additions made compared to our play off finish last season we should be clear in 2nd at least...but we are not...i am starting to feel that DJ has taken us as far as we can...if we do go up automatically i feel it would flatter DJ and i think we would need a new manager in the premier league...i respect DJ and have always been a fan...but Dave there is no reason...no exscuse that we should be in QPR's position and them in ours....looking so far over the season...we are just lucky there is no west brom and no newcastle....im just hoping this is our lucky year....coz that is exactly what CCFC needs this year to take us up....

DJ...get us up and then move on....you may say "ive taken cardiff city up" "i should be given the opportunity in the premiership"..my opinion is...NO DAVE....if you were a quality/decent premiership manager then with the team we have at our disposal now you would have us in QPR's position.....

Rant over....whats everyones opinions?

Good post as I am sure you have always supported DJ no matter what :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 am

Great post by Ccfcdor.

I have ben applying this all season how weak this league is without the likes of a Newcastle or West Brom. Adding to that our squad being the strongest it has ever been well it does not take a genius to work out we should be doing better. If we do go up I think it will be out of luck than anything. After our November and December slump we still found ourselves in an auto or play of spot, how lucky was that.

I still believe we will fail to go up, just being realistic. For me its going to be a play off misery again as I think we have not got the character to make an auto but I cannot see us failing to make the playoff. Surely we cant fail to make them.

OK, say I''m wrong, hopefully I am, should we give DJ a chance in the Premier? Well for him to win any credit off me, only thing I'm confident is that is the last thing on his mine, he would have to keep us there. He can only do that if we give him the chance. So I say give me a go. Will he keep us up? Honestly I dont know, it will be a different ball game and he could surprise a few or is this me being to positive?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 am

Its not in our hands anymore - we had the chance to make it ours, as QPR have, but we are now embroiled in this "lucky dip". Unfortunately, I think any other manager in the Championship couldve done at least this with our talented and costly squad.