Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City v Real madrid

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Just watched the game on player and a few things i want to ask the older fans who can remember this era.

Was brian clarke always that good in the air or did he just play a blinder in this game cos feck me he won everything with his head that dropped within 5 yards around him and i mean EVERTHING jay should watch that and take note :D

Did we only have 2 songs in those days the atmosphere was pretty flat considering the size of the crowd and the oposition, it was deafening when we scored but apart from that thats all i could hear was spurts of CARDIFF CARDIFF CARDIFF now and then which sounded pretty good when everyone was signing it just after the goal, the other song was you'll never walk alone(whats all that about :roll: )

Also wasnt there such thing as winning the ball then taking the player out cos it happened a few times but a free kick was awarded and there was no mention from the comentator tha he got the ball first like there is these days, yet the ref would let alot worse go like 2 footed tackels off the ground and players lashing out in retalation and waving play on :lol:

Had to laugh at the ref ragging a madrid player up off the floor who was play acting and basically saying get on with it you fanny :lol: , imagine if a ref did that to ronaldo he would sew the ass off him!

Re: City v Real madrid

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:33 pm

Yes Brian Clark was always good in the air, and the "Cardif" chant was awesome when you had 40 to 50 thousand people all singing together, as for "You'll never walk alone* Liverpool must have copied it off us. ;) :lol: :ayatollah:

Re: City v Real madrid

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:45 pm

From Wikepedia-
The song was later adopted by Scottish team Celtic F.C.,[6] Dutch teams Feyenoord and FC Twente,[10] Germany's Borussia Dortmund, 1.FC Kaiserslautern, VfL Osnabrück and FC St Pauli and Japan's F.C. Tokyo.

No mention of City? :|