Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TACTICS

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:27 pm

after taking time to reflect on last nights massive disappointment its time to face facts.
DJ is not and never has beeen a tactical genius or top at bgetting the best out of the quality players he has at his disposal. all weel and good we could have been 3or 4 up at half timebut chances were squandered and we lacked composure throughout the 2nd half. Norwich manager makes changes to effect results in tight matches for them this season, a statement borne out by the stunning fact that theyve scored more extra time winners in games than we have managed in five seasons, NOW if DJ was proactive in using his subs we could have still won yesterday, why leave Parkin on his arse til 86mins when eveen my missus was saying the ball just keeps coming bak at us, Bothroyd was inept and utterly failed to hold up play when he needed to, instead flicking forwards headers that were easily won by Ipswich defenders. We need someone who is PROACTIVE with his tactics and not somenone who lets tha game run away from us by failing to react to whats happening on the pitch. Positive side was the performance of JET who i said in last post has the attributes to be a real handfiul til we failed to get the ball to him in the second half. BEllers covered acres yesterday and his closing down of defenders was an example to others, WE shpould have pressed them higher up the pitch in my view abd im convinced the result would have come, ANyway roll on Tues at the Palace another potential banana skin like all the others on this so called easier run in of ours. :ayatollah: