Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

End of Season standings......................

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Just had 15 mins free so did the BBC Predictor.

P GD PTS
1. QPR 46 49 93
2. CCFC 46 22 85
----------------------------------
3. FOREST 46 25 84
4. BURNLEY 46 22 83
5. JACKS 46 22 81
6. NORWICH 46 17 75
7. HULL 46 15 74

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

And I was realistic..a draw at Millwall, draw with QPR, draw at Sheff Utd, and even losing the last game at Burnley.

And we still go up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: End of Season standings......................

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:57 pm

i love your positive thread of late :D
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Yeah, I just hate all the doom and gloom you get but its gotta be expected i guess.
Of course we were all gutted yesterday, but we all know we cant win em all.
Even the ones we expect to!!!!!!!!!!!

We`ll be there at the end, just hope its that 2nd spot and not below.
The run in at least gives us a better chance than all of the others.
Just doing that predictor, so many teams around us are playing each other, lots of them will lose.

It will be an exciting end i guess, just hope and pray we can get over the finish line this time.

WE DESERVE IT COS WE`VE BEEN SO CLOSE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Come on City!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Lutonbluebird, I did the predictor a few weeks back, before our away game at Preston which I had us down as a 3-0 gimme. We did finish top with you are Forest within a hairs breadth of each other in second, if I remember you did them on goal difference. A few weeks later and with a load of strange results thanks mainly to Preston and Scunny I still cannot disagree with you. You are going up. By the way, did we clinch the Championhip at the CCS? :D

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:43 pm

yeah i had ago at the predictor and was trying to be as honest as possible, i did believe we were going to lose again this season and a few away draws and i came up with us second on 86points

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:04 pm

DWQPR wrote:Lutonbluebird, I did the predictor a few weeks back, before our away game at Preston which I had us down as a 3-0 gimme. We did finish top with you are Forest within a hairs breadth of each other in second, if I remember you did them on goal difference. A few weeks later and with a load of strange results thanks mainly to Preston and Scunny I still cannot disagree with you. You are going up. By the way, did we clinch the Championhip at the CCS? :D

No, the week before winning 2-1 at Barnsley,
Our game with you i predicted 0-0.
Although personally I think you should rest all 11 players if u have gone up and let us win :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:05 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
DWQPR wrote:Lutonbluebird, I did the predictor a few weeks back, before our away game at Preston which I had us down as a 3-0 gimme. We did finish top with you are Forest within a hairs breadth of each other in second, if I remember you did them on goal difference. A few weeks later and with a load of strange results thanks mainly to Preston and Scunny I still cannot disagree with you. You are going up. By the way, did we clinch the Championhip at the CCS? :D

No, the week before winning 2-1 at Barnsley,
Our game with you i predicted 0-0.
Although personally I think you should rest all 11 players if u have gone up and let us win :ayatollah:

Forest finish a point behind us..... :D

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Any chance that you could re-run the predictor so that a double celebration could be achieved, us being made champions and you clinching second place on 23rd April! Now that would be one hell of a knees-up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:41 pm

I would give anything for that, you no doubt are up and in a strong position, if we can pull that off with a few games to go would be awesome, I do have a soft spot for your boys, cos i used to watch em play a lot when i lived in London, so that would be a massive celebration to see Cardiff go up and a quieter one (from me) for your boys getting promoted. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:48 pm

I would be happy with that but I think Leicester may get in the play offs

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:49 pm

I got us finishing 2nd point ahead of Jacks, and Leeds 9th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!QPR win it by 9 points

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:00 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:I got us finishing 2nd point ahead of Jacks, and Leeds 9th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!QPR win it by 9 points

How many goals did Leeds manage to let in by the end of the season BEEP?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:05 pm

I did about 5 rounds of matches and updated the table and i got scared so quit.
Burnley look like the could have an excellent run in :shock:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:22 pm

DWQPR wrote:Any chance that you could re-run the predictor so that a double celebration could be achieved, us being made champions and you clinching second place on 23rd April! Now that would be one hell of a knees-up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That would be great, and even better to see the Swans win the play offs , would be great to have 2 Welsh teams up there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:34 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Just had 15 mins free so did the BBC Predictor.

P GD PTS
1. QPR 46 49 93
2. CCFC 46 22 85
3. FOREST 46 25 84
4. BURNLEY 46 22 83
5. JACKS 46 22 81
6. NORWICH 46 17 75
7. HULL 46 15 74

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

And I was realistic..a draw at Millwall, draw with QPR, draw at Sheff Utd, and even losing the last game at Burnley.

And we still go up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Heres how my predictor went, qpr wining the title by 10 points with us finishing 2nd on 84 points 3 points ahead of the jacks in 3rd with 81 :ayatollah:

I got forest and burnley finishing comfortably in the playoffs with 80 points each and reading snatching the last playoff spot on goal differance ahead of norwich and hull, but only 3 points seperating the 6 teams from 6th place to 11th with leeds finishen at the bottom of that pile :o on 71 points, so it looks like its gonna be an epic battle dto the final day to get that final playoff spot if my predictions come true, i hope they do come true cos we will be promoted, in the final 11 games i got us wining 7 drawing 2 against millwall and portsmouth and losing 2 to qpr and burnley.

--------- GD - PTS
1 QPR , 55 - 94
2 CARDIFF, 28- 84
3 SWANSEA, 23- 81
4 FOREST, 27- 80
5 BURNLEY, 21- 80
6 READING, 24- 74
7 NORWICH, 17- 74
8 HULL, 13- 74
9 LEICESTER, 4- 73
10 WATFORD, 12- 72
11 LEEDS, 8- 71
12 IPSWICH, 11- 68

I got preston sheff utd and scunthorpe to go down by quite a few points and i see the playoffs going something like reading to beat the jacks :D and forest beating burnley and the scabs to join us and qpr in the premier league by beating reading in the playoff final.

All that sounds good to me just hope it comes true now, we can all dream cant we ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:41 pm

lets make it happen its up to us fans to spur the team on for the last 11 games. lets get behind them for 100mins of everygame and show them how much we want them to perform for us :D

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:45 pm

a horse with no name wrote:lets make it happen its up to us fans to spur the team on for the last 11 games. lets get behind them for 100mins of everygame and show them how much we want them to perform for us :D

Good call mate, now tell all the DJ boo boys to do the same :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:48 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
a horse with no name wrote:lets make it happen its up to us fans to spur the team on for the last 11 games. lets get behind them for 100mins of everygame and show them how much we want them to perform for us :D

Good call mate, now tell all the DJ boo boys to do the same :ayatollah:

i am one of the anti dj fans myself but hes not going to get sacked this time of the season so he has to prove us doubters wrong by getting us promoted. the fans need to get behind players and manager alike weather they like them or not and support the boys

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:57 pm

JUST GD A GO

HOPE WE ARE RIGHT

P GD PTS
1. QPR 46 45 92
2. CCFC 46 26 83
3. FOREST 46 25 83
4. BURNLEY 46 23 83
5. JACKS 46 22 82
6. NORWICH 46 16 77