Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" COME ON EVERYONE ADMIT WE PLAYED REALLY WELL YESTERDAY "

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:37 am

" COME ON EVERYONE ADMIT WE PLAYED REALLY WELL YESTERDAY "

I agree we did play well Yesterday, very well, but when Paul Jewel made a tactical change and then later Ipswich Scored there was no way back for us, thats what hurts under DJ.

I think everyone knows that once the opposition scores first we've had it and I think the Fans are getting fed up of this.

115 games in 6 years when the opposition Scores first We've have come back to Win 9 games.

Re: " COME ON EVERYONE ADMIT WE PLAYED REALLY WELL YESTERDAY "

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:42 am

Alot of us are geting wound up over Jays performances lately. Perhaps replacing him with Parkin at HT would have been a good idea. I think most would agree but DJ.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:46 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Alot of us are geting wound up over Jays performances lately. Perhaps replacing him with Parkin at HT would have been a good idea. I think most would agree but DJ.

Ian, DJ needs to start getting his Substitutions right and def at the right times.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:49 am

I would drop Jay midweek, give him a kick up the arse. Parkin came in, scored a peach and has hardly had a sniff since. He gives us a different angle and a bit of weight up top.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:50 am

PtB wrote:I would drop Jay midweek, give him a kick up the arse. Parkin came in, scored a peach and has hardly had a sniff since. He gives us a different angle and a bit of weight up top.

I agree Paul and I hope DJ does. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:50 am

Yes I agree we did play well. But and its a big but when Ipswich scored we didnt seem to have a clue.

Also agree about Jay when he stays on his feet great, but always going down looking for the free kick that even the city fans dont think is a foul. Dont know whats changed with him since his cap.

If we'd scored once or twice in the first 55/60 mins think we'd of smashed them.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:51 am

I think the first half we steamed it. Second half Ipswich started to get into their stride more, and after the first goal our heads dropped and their was no way back.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:53 am

from Facebook

Gareth Pickford
We was brilliant just couldn't score but thier keeper was brilliant aswell
8 minutes ago · Like

Alex Franklin
I'm not denying we played well but as soon as we went 1-0 down it proved that Jones has no gameplan for when this happens, the players looked like the game was over already and couldn't give a f**k.
5 minutes ago · Like

Carl Morris
we were really good for 60mins... couldnt do much about the goals... but we didnt take our chances and bothroyd, since his england call up and shagging snowdon he cant be arsed to turn up!!
5 minutes ago · Like

Andrew Mchale
Leicester werd good,yet we get a 88 min winner!
The lucks with us boys!2010/2011 champions!
3 minutes ago · Like

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:55 am

Annis ive been saying the same to people for years even the new fans so to speak ,told them to look up stats and so on i mean ur stats are true and they dont lie somethings not right,look at the peterbrough game last year 4-0 up halftime they switch formation to 4-5-1 what do we do nothing after every goal vs us and i was at that game the fans behind the goal screaming for him to do somthing after 4-1 4-2 as we could all see what was going on but he kept the same 4-4-2 with wide players so we got over run in the center of the park and we all know the result this is one of many reasons and yesterdays change by jewel which ive always said makes us weak under dj tactics wise although we should have been 3or4 nil up by 1st half but it wasnt to be and thats football i knew it wasnt are day :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:55 am

Our players played very well in the first half, and a few minutes of the second. However, the result says it all unfortunately.

Parkin must start on Tuesday.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:00 am

As a team we are not gelling to many luxury players. We were dangerous as times but did we play well ? I personally thought we were very average against a resalute team who had one quality player Bullard.we have quality players who are constantly not performing Whitts Jay Bellamy ETC .And what rankelsls with me is the fact half way through the second half it was clear to me and everyone around me that things needed to change. So it took with about 6 minutes to go to make a change and it was a defender for a defender. Then he put the beast on with no time to make an impact and took Chopra off WTF. Sorry but Jones can't get-this team working fact and for those reasons I'm out !!!!

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:28 am

It was pure bad luck last night, end of story.....DJ's decisions i thought were pretty good, so ill break them down:

1) JET battered carlos edwards in the first half and we battered their whole team! 2nd half Carlos edwards was switched to left back so DJ moved Jet to the right wing to stay on the man he ran ragged for 45mins!! correct decision by DJ.

2) Our pressing game was shit! we let their back 4 have the ball and only pressed when they entered our half, we should press on their centre halves as they are more likely to make a mistake.....wrong DJ

3) Bothroyd was kept on because ipswich centre halves are big bastards and would have had parkin in their pockets, we needed a bit of guile, that bothroyd can produce, when he wants!! correct DJ

4) Jet wasnt doing so well in 2nd half and it was obvious after 65mions to me....i would have bought burkie on then....wrong DJ
5) We switched to 4-4-2 when we went a goal down, you have to when your chasing a game. Correct DJ
6) Chops came off....i believe he stayed on too long considering we are managing his fractured ankle! Correct DJ
7) Quinn came off for blake......quinn must have had a knock, you cant switch from a back 4 to a back 3 if you have never played it before as its a nightmare.......

im not DJ biggest fan, nor his biggest critic, but some people where calling him a tactical genius against leicester and hull, now all of a sudden he's tactically inept again.....these are fans i think we can do without, as are the ones that boo during a match were we played really well and came up against a good keeper at the very top of his game, who had so much luck it was unreal!!! stay positive guys, we played well and have been for a few weeks now.....WE WILL GET THERE!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:57 am

Completely agree. We were very unlucky and even Whittingham played well in central midfield and I am probably the lads biggest critic. Until the screamer he scored which gave bywater no chance you could have been forgiven for not knowing Bullard played. The one save from fulop that hit the ground and went over even the keeper himself probably didnt know how it stayed out.

But the last 20 minutes were dire. The game is played for 90. We're chasing an equaliser so why not make a few changes? Take Quinn off (another who had a fairly reliable game although he did feed Bullard to score) and chuck Parkin up front, switch to 3 4 3 with Bothroyd sat behind Chopra and Parkin, try something! Instead it was the usual substitutions sticking to the same formation and no real push. We never fight to the end and it worrys me that when we go a goal behind I feel like leaving as I cant see a goal coming. Instead I never a leave a game early and watch as we huff and puff and absolutely f**k all.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:01 pm

We played well for the 1st 60 minutes. But when Jay is playing like that we need to use our subs and not wait til at least the 75th minute to make 1. We went 1-0 down and they were controlling so he takes off the man of the match?? Then we replace our right back and finally take off Chopra to bring on Parkin. Im sorry but the subs yesterday were used too late in the game and were not the right choices in my opinion.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:26 pm

I for one said in the game that we have play much worse than that and won, I for one think we play well and we had all the chances,BUT! they had jimmy Bullard and anyone that knows anything about football knows how good this guy is.
Even before the game started I pointed out to my wife that he was the guy we have to look out for.
for long times in the game I seen him with no one near him ,and as soon as they got the ball out to him it went.
When he started his run I was shouting like hell Bring him down bring him down , they didnt and he put it into the net.
We Invited them to play by not stopping Bullard,they did and they got all 3 points.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:48 pm

we did play well yesterday, should of been 3-0 by half time, we just didnt have the luck, their keeper certainly did,
thats the way it goes,
i am a dj fan, so wont knock him, as really how some of those shots stayed out of the goal i really dont know,99% of the time they would of been in,
however, i will say, DJ was too late in changing it yesterday

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:52 pm

i thought we played well 1st half & we were clueless in the 2nd

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:53 pm

The problem with Dave Jones is he can't think on his feet. He has a pre-game plan and sticks to it rigidly no matter what.

Sometimes it works and he gets out of jail, but the moment he comes up against a pro-active manager like Paul Jewell we struggle.

Swapping JET from one side to the other was not an astute tactical move as the boy was absolutely spent by then. The astute move was making a treble subsitution bringing on Burke, Parkin and Darcy Blake for Chopra, Bothroyd and JET.

Blake would have gone straight into midfield with Bellamy and Burke supporting Parkin in a 4-3-3.

Ipswich would then have to worry about our changes rather than the other way around.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:i thought we played well 1st half & we were clueless in the 2nd

And why was that? Because Ipswich have a pro-active manager who can spot an oppotunity and exploit it. In contrast we have a stubborn miserable b*stard who picks his favourites and hopes for the best.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:i thought we played well 1st half & we were clueless in the 2nd

And why was that? Because Ipswich have a pro-active manager who can spot an oppotunity and exploit it. In contrast we have a stubborn miserable b*stard who picks his favourites and hopes for the best.

Thats right jewell is amazing, his time at derby was outstanding.....just ask their fans! :roll:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:01 pm

1 quality strike, 1 unlucky deflection

apart from that our defence was very solid, and for the first hour of the game our whole team played well

what i dont get is why he took of JET when he was probably one of the best out there today, i would of taken donkey bothroyd off and pushed JET up front , also parkin came on far too late, other than that positives can be taken

6 points from the next 2 games and im sure we'll be in second place, keep the faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:53 pm

:ayatollah: I THOUGHT WE WERE VERY UNLUCKY YESTERDAY
WE COULD HAVE BEEN 3-0 AT HALF TIME
WE WILL PLAY WORSE THIS SEASON AND WIN

COME ON THE CHANCE IS TILL VERY MUCH THERE FOR THE TAKING

PREM HERE WE COME
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:16 pm

yes, we played well, there goalie had, the man of the match for them, i bet next week he will have a stinker, but, if you dont take your chances,?