Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our lack of RUTHLESSNESS

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:44 am

I have been saying this for months, and unfortunately yet again it has happened when it counts. We did dominate the match in the first half, and it would be lovely if the league awarded points for possession and chances, but alas they don't - goals are what matter. Results are what matter. And goals are what we need to start scoring. And results need to be got.

Our team is supposedly one based on the 'you score 3, we'll score 4' mantra. Earlier on in the season this could be said to be true, but not now. Some people will say that some of our players are out of form - regardless, I think the chances we create are of a quality to get ANY player out of poor form.

This habit of not making chances count, particularly but not limited to home matches, will be our downfall if we are not careful. None of us want that, I'm sure. The number of matches in which to get our treasured '8' wins is running out, and I'm sorry to say but I don't think the Jacks, Forest etc will keep losing.

Dave Jones needs to do his job, and somehow get the players to convert the chances. He needs to make the right changes. If it goes against him in the first half and we fail to convert chances, then he needs to put the right person on to get the goal for us, rather than leaving it and hoping for the best.

I don't know what it is, whether its psychological, the managers team talk, some of our players perhaps. All I know is that they had better find a solution quickly, or it will be us the fans left to pick up the scraps of yet another season of woe.

Re: Our lack of RUTHLESSNESS

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:22 pm

No one cares, but let us get behind the team at Palace and get a much needed win

Re: Our lack of RUTHLESSNESS

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Still prevalent