Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT DAVE JONES "

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:01 am

" I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT DAVE JONES "

What a Start to the day, The Ninian Park Pub Full to the Rafters, The Scores keep coming in,Forest Loosing/Jacks Loosing/Norwich Drawing, The Ninian is Celebrating, at 4.50pm, WHEN THESE GAMES ACTUALLY BECOME RESULTS.
Our Club must be Buzzing as well,Our Team must be now believing its their day, Carl Curtis is now Right, its All in Our Hands from Now on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Get to the Ground , The Ninian Stand is starting to Believe We are going up and I felt what more could Our Club want, the Fans were non stop Cheering in the First half and helped on by a Superb first half in my Opinion, just mission the goals, but I thought as long as they come out and continue the 2nd half the same as the first, this Awful Ipswich team which I think has had 1 win away in their last 9 Outings and prob the worst team seen at our stadium this season will surely crumble.

COULD EVERYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT WENT WRONG ?
Who's Fault is it ?
Do the team play for their manager ?
Are certain players playing like they should be ?

Re: " I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT DAVE JONES "

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:08 am

Annis as I said earlier with McPhail in the midfield we will not go up. He's too weak/small and even his passing (supposedly his strong suit) isn't all that. Even though Hudson has done well since Keinan arrived I personally would put him in the same category, i.e. Not good enough to get us up.

Other than that today was a classic example of a team not putting away its chances. Their keeper played well, we didn't get the bounces, and it came back to haunt us.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:09 am

It was a culmination of various things. I'm not going to jump on anyone's back because it won't help anything.

However, here is what I think contributed towards us losing...

We started the game well and on another day we could have been 2-0 or 3-0 up at half time. JET was bossing the left hand side and Whittingham was having his pick of the play in the middle. Then half time came and we did something inexplicable...

We swapped Chopra and JET... why? JET didn't get into the game on the right hand side whilst Chopra then completely vanished. He hadn't been doing much anyway but on the left he just completely disappeared. Bothroyd didn't turn up, fact. I can't blame DJ for that... but DJ can be blamed for keeping Jay on for so long.

I'm getting fed up with Jay to be honest. He's all talk right now. No excuses blah blah blah, I love this club blah blah blah. Seems a load of bull shit to me. Jon Parkin given 5 minutes at the end? I'm sorry but what f*cking use is that? Everyone around us was calling for him after 70 mins and that was generous towards Jay.

Football is a funny old game and maybe we should have had more luck. We didn't though and we didn't help ourselves.

There was a positive though and that was the back four remained solid. I assume Quinn had an injury because he was superb again. McNaughton, Keinan and Hudson were also remarkable again. Bywater... meh. Ok, but not fantastic. McPhail started well but is clearly lacking match fitness.

I can't be bothered to rant and rave though. No point now until May when our fate is decided. Next game up lads. f**k tonight, we move forward.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:11 am

Damned Yank wrote:Annis as I said earlier with McPhail in the midfield we will not go up. He's too weak/small and even his passing (supposedly his strong suit) isn't all that. Even though Hudson has done well since Keinan arrived I personally would put him in the same category, i.e. Not good enough to get us up.

Other than that today was a classic example of a team not putting away its chances. Their keeper played well, we didn't get the bounces, and it came back to haunt us.

sorry yank. disagree with you, mcphail was one of the better players today, and hudson has been a rock this season. :| :geek:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:11 am

Annis, i have the greatest respect for you.

when i came on here after the game had finished, i was welcomed to a

"JONES OUT!"

i was like, you cant be serious, so i sent him a very fierce message back :lol:

when we loose everyone loves slating DJ, i dont because im a DJ fan.

but the thing i respect you for is even though you dont like DJ. You dont come on here saying "DJ out."

you do give your two pennies worth about him like everyone else, but i like the fact you dont slate him as much as other people do on here. You just accept the fact and move on

anyway onto the game ;) :lol:

I thought that was the unluckiest game ive seen city play in, in many of years. At HT we should have been 4-0 up. But Fulop had a blinder and every deflecton etc went ipswich's way :roll:

DJ didnt cost us 3pts nor did our players

Martin Fulop cost us 3 points. He was incredable, and fortuante aswell. But teams have that type of luck.
You always see a keeper now and then have a 'blinder'

The team do play for DJ, but i think because we had the ball so much in the 1st half, we was knackered in the second half and ipswich capitalised

And unfortuantly it was against us :lol:

but im staying optimistic, due to other results today ;)

KEEP THE FAITH
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:13 am

Manager doesn"t know his best team and their best positions,WHAT is he doing all week in training with these players, when is he going to learn to let the oposition wory about US rather than play our players out of position because of what they may do, it is eleven players against eleven at the end of the day.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:14 am

first half better team, don't understand why chops was playing wide right, the atmosphere first half was good and we deserved to score, we where unlucky at the end of the day, beaten by a Premiership class player. Palace massive game now, looking forward to it

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:15 am

Annis, it was just one of those days, their keeper Fulop had a stormer of a game.

We score 3 or 4 in the first half (which was very possible), no one complains, we go out in the second half and bore the crowd to death, and win comfortably. But they hung on with the help of Fulop and grabbed two lucky goals through Bullard, although the first was a screamer but came as a result of it falling quite nicely for him after Quinn smashed that jack b*stard Scotland. Again, just the story of the game - very unlucky.

I don't think anybody did anything wrong in terms of the players, but Jewell, the master tactician he is, spotted that giving Whitts and McPhail the freedom of Cardiff was close to suicide and belatedly decided to press us, which worked, so to conclude, we missed Olofinjana, who has a physical presence unlike the two we played tonight.

I think all the players are behind DJ and his staff, no doubt, otherwise they simply wouldn't be in this position in the first place. But Bothroyd needs to improve considerably as it was he who was again average.

I also thought the subs were just a bit late, although I don't think they'd have made a massive impact, because Burkey isn't having the best season and Parkin would've been up against quite a big centre-half partnership anyway.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:16 am

stephen18 wrote:Manager doesn"t know his best team and their best positions,WHAT is he doing all week in training with these players, when is he going to learn to let the oposition wory about US rather than play our players out of position because of what they may do, it is eleven players against eleven at the end of the day.

They clearly weren't worrying about Bullard because I've never seen a player have so much space and freedom before... which is unbelievable given how we all pointed out how dangerous he was going to be!

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:19 am

Damned Yank wrote:Annis as I said earlier with McPhail in the midfield we will not go up. He's too weak/small and even his passing (supposedly his strong suit) isn't all that. Even though Hudson has done well since Keinan arrived I personally would put him in the same category, i.e. Not good enough to get us up.

Seriously ? Sorry but that's total bollocks you're talking there.

Hudson not good enough.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

McPhail not good enough. His passing isn't all that ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:26 am

are you serious was u listening on the radio or what ,mcphail and whitts were brill in the middle first hsalf,trouble was jewell moved his central midfielders out to the flanks in the second half and dj did not know what the f**k to do,what did he do after going 1 dlown he changed the full backs ffs,darcy blake has not got a clue ,then what does dj do he puts on the beast and takes off chops ffs,can you see jay run ning off a knock down from parking i think not ,again dj outhought by an opposition manager :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:33 am

From Facebook

Daniel Picton
im not surprised that we didint win , wen we need 2 win we jus dont, all the hard work which we beat hull just wasted :( another thing WHY THE HELL did jonesy put darcy blake on wen we could hav put parkin on soooner , and then ipswich scored then he decides 2 put THE BEAST ON , HIS TACTICS ON TIMES PUZZLE ME!
21 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Anthony Chiplin
Was un real bothroyd was shit all game the only good player was jet he got taken off for burke mcphail was shit also he should have gone off for burke jones got no passion at all blake comein on 1 nil down was laughable yeah we played against good keeper but we got what we deserved Ipswich took their chances which we didnt i just glad results were good for us today !
14 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Hywel Jones
First half I thought we would have won the game confidently in the second half , take my hat off to Ipswitch tho compleatley the better team in the second half ! Tactically amd phisically !
2 minutes ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin
Parkin deserves a chance if he dont play y sign him
about a minute ago · Like

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:55 am

Sorry, but you're watching a different game....McPhail had a great game today and the Hudson/Keinan partnership is blossoming by the game

It took a 'special' player to do that to Cardiff City today....and that was Bullard with two outstanding goals

That we could/should have stopped him but didn't is down to the team sitting too deep again

Bullard won't be back this season, so be thankful for small mercies and let's move on!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:10 am

Mcphail the best overall player on the pitch by a distance.

Tbh I don't think anything really went wrong today. We played well, witts an Mcphail really battled and everyone worked hard for the team. Could have scored a load in 45mins.

Hudson made his first error in months and it cost and they got unlucky deflection.
The reaction of fans is pathetic, I can understand when we don't work hard or don't perform but that was not the case today.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:50 am

I hope I am proved wrong :ayatollah: I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if we get second and McPhail/Hudson play a big part in getting us there. But I don't see it happening.

watch the replay, and you'll see how many times McPhail lost the ball and was just outmuscled.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:18 am

We totally lost it in midfield in the second half.

It was painful to watch AGAIN. I felt Bullard had the better of the first half in midfield and in the second half he controlled the game from their because we failed to see what was going. Basically Ipswich used their strength to take over the game, sussed us out and we failed to retaliate. Ten minutes into the second half we became a very poor side and were tactically out done by an average side.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:27 am

We all knew we wasnt going to win all 12 and but it was the circumstances of the loss!!!!Im just gutted we couldnt get into that 2nd spot yesterday which would have really got all the fans wound up and set us on the path to the promised land but i suppose it can all change again after tuesdays games.

On Dave Jones..........It dosent matter if its his fault or not. The buck stops with him END OF! If the players are not playing for him then thats his fault as a manager.Behind the scenes he might be a right mean horrible b*stard!Im not gonna slate him no more. He will get whats coming to him in May if we dont go up and maybe i can get through the summer with the thought of a new manager coming in who actually cares about us. To be honest if we got to the premiership its gonna be very uncomfortable with him as manager. Dont get me wrong ill be over the moon but i really dont think hes a nice man!!!!!!!!!

Roll on Palace :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:37 am

piroteczz wrote:We all knew we wasnt going to win all 12 and but it was the circumstances of the loss!!!!Im just gutted we couldnt get into that 2nd spot yesterday which would have really got all the fans wound up and set us on the path to the promised land but i suppose it can all change again after tuesdays games.

On Dave Jones..........It dosent matter if its his fault or not. The buck stops with him END OF! If the players are not playing for him then thats his fault as a manager.Behind the scenes he might be a right mean horrible b*stard!Im not gonna slate him no more. He will get whats coming to him in May if we dont go up and maybe i can get through the summer with the thought of a new manager coming in who actually cares about us. To be honest if we got to the premiership its gonna be very uncomfortable with him as manager. Dont get me wrong ill be over the moon but i really dont think hes a nice man!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but who cares if he's a nice man or not........very strange trait you require in a manager

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:47 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
piroteczz wrote:We all knew we wasnt going to win all 12 and but it was the circumstances of the loss!!!!Im just gutted we couldnt get into that 2nd spot yesterday which would have really got all the fans wound up and set us on the path to the promised land but i suppose it can all change again after tuesdays games.

Sorry, but who cares if he's a nice man or not........very strange trait you require in a manager

All i want is a manager who cares about its club and fans and dosent bite everyones heads off every question he gets asked!Hes a very bitter person for obvious reasons but im sick to death of him to be honest!!!!!!
Anyways today is not about Jonesy. Today we failed to ease the pressure by not taking our chances and we blew the chance to go 2nd but it could all happen at palace :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:14 am

glammy74 wrote:Annis, i have the greatest respect for you.

when i came on here after the game had finished, i was welcomed to a

"JONES OUT!"

i was like, you cant be serious, so i sent him a very fierce message back :lol:

when we loose everyone loves slating DJ, i dont because im a DJ fan.

but the thing i respect you for is even though you dont like DJ. You dont come on here saying "DJ out."

you do give your two pennies worth about him like everyone else, but i like the fact you dont slate him as much as other people do on here. You just accept the fact and move on

anyway onto the game ;) :lol:

AGREE WITH YOU WHAT YOU SAID BELOW IS SPOT ON, WE WERE VERY UNLUCKY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I thought that was the unluckiest game ive seen city play in, in many of years. At HT we should have been 4-0 up. But Fulop had a blinder and every deflecton etc went ipswich's way :roll:

Martin Fulop cost us 3 points. He was incredable, and fortuante aswell. But teams have that type of luck.

The team do play for DJ, but i think because we had the ball so much in the 1st half, we was knackered in the second half and ipswich capitalised

And unfortuantly it was against us :lol:

but im staying optimistic, due to other results today ;)

KEEP THE FAITH
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I thought that was the unluckiest game ive seen city play in, in many of years. At HT we should have been 4-0 up. But Fulop had a blinder and every deflecton etc went ipswich's way

And unfortuantly it was against us

but im staying optimistic, due to other results today

KEEP THE FAITH

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:" I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT DAVE JONES "

What a Start to the day, The Ninian Park Pub Full to the Rafters, The Scores keep coming in,Forest Loosing/Jacks Loosing/Norwich Drawing, The Ninian is Celebrating, at 4.50pm, WHEN THESE GAMES ACTUALLY BECOME RESULTS.
Our Club must be Buzzing as well,Our Team must be now believing its their day, Carl Curtis is now Right, its All in Our Hands from Now on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Get to the Ground , The Ninian Stand is starting to Believe We are going up and I felt what more could Our Club want, the Fans were non stop Cheering in the First half and helped on by a Superb first half in my Opinion, just mission the goals, but I thought as long as they come out and continue the 2nd half the same as the first, this Awful Ipswich team which I think has had 1 win away in their last 9 Outings and prob the worst team seen at our stadium this season will surely crumble.

COULD EVERYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT WENT WRONG ?
Who's Fault is it ?
Do the team play for their manager ?
Are certain players playing like they should be ?

In my opinion the game went away from Cardiff because of a tactical decision by Paul Jewell. In the first half we pretty much played Ipswich off the park with JET being our most effective, and only real wide option in our formation, it appeared to us all that it would only be a matter of time before we scored.

That still looked the case for the first 10 minutes of the second half but then Jewell moved Carloes Edwards to right back and his pace and reading of the game saw JET become much less effective. Throughout the game JAY was really ineffective as their CB were both to strong and to quick for him and he started drifting to the wide positions to get the ball, no one replaced him in the middle and the ball started coming back at us for the first time in the game.

This resulted in both Bellamy and Chopra, who started in deeper positions than normal in the 4-3-3 formation we started with, having to sit even deeper to help protect the back 4 who were coming under increasing pressure. JET was then changed to thr right with Chopra moved to the left and in all of this I couldn't figure out quite where Bellamy was supposed to be playing.

But lets face it for most of the game Bellamy was getting the ball around the halfway line with his back to goal faced with having to turn and run at least half the pitch. A very strange and largely ineffective display by Craig but what you have to ask is was it down to Craig or down to the way Craig was being asked to play.

The same with Chopra we all know his best position is up front on the shoulder of the last defender in a 4-4-2 formation but today he was again asked to play in a deeper wider role. We have been there before and we have seen the result of this change in his overall contribution to the game. Again I ask was this down to Chopra or was it down to the way he was asked to play.

For much of the second half JET who had moved out to the right was finding little room to play mainly because Jay was drifting out to the right to try and get on the ball. Eventually and much to late JET was replaced by Burke and we set up to a 4-4-2 formation which resulted in a more forward showing from Bellamy and he at least won 3 corners in the last 10 minutes as he started putting Edwards under pressure for the first time.

But any chance of getting anything out of the game evaporated with the 2nd goal and DJ deciding Parkin was a better option than Chopra in a 4-4-2. Unbelieveable.

If you were to ask me if the players are playing for the manager I would hve to say yes their first half display would prove that.

Are we getting the best out of certain players then no but then again I really don't think that's the players but just the way our players are being asked to play.

IMO what went wrong yesterday is that Paul Jewell made tactical changes because his team were in danger of being overrun and these changes altered the match, our manager sat and watched our domination of the game disappear and did nothing and IMO he should have changed to 4-4-2 before they even scored if for no other reason than to give Jewell something new to think about.

He didn't and that's what went wrong yesterday that's what changed a dominant first half performance into well how would you describe our second half performance, or rather our performance from the 55th minutes onwards. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:14 am

For me, Bothroyd has to take some responsibility.

When he was our main target man he had to compete with their centre halfs for the ball and chase them down. Too many times in the second half it was too easy for their back four to clear their lines and play the ball into midfield. We needed someone to hold it up and bring JET, Bellamy and Chopra into the game. Yes, Bothroyd won one or two headers, but in general his hold up play was poor.

Another general point is that I thought when Ipswich scored they thought "that's it, it's not our day" - that's the impression some of them gave anyway. That's disappointing when there were still 25mins + stoppage time left.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:23 am

What the hell was going on with the system Jones picked? First half it worked to a degree although Ipswich being really poor helped I suppose but Second Half it was a shambles. No out-and-out left winger with Bellers in the middle all the time and surprise surprise their first goal came on their right (our left) albeit a great strike from Bullard.

Also disappointed with Jay. England cap seems to have gone to his head i'm afraid, all that business yesterday of him saying we've got 'No excuses this time' but he needs to sort himself out first. Bringing JET off was also a mistake, our best player on the night and although I'm a fan of Burke his recent performances have been really poor.

But I still think its going Down to the Wire for 2nd place!!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:20 am

From Facebook

lin
Jones wants get his hands out of his pockets on the touchline show some passion he shows no emotion atall
9 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Anthony Chiplin
Bywater was.1st choice till he got injured and derby got frank feilding who is a good keeper !
9 hours ago · Like

Nigel Pepper Why in gods name did he go to Derby ?
9 hours ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin First team football
9 hours ago · Like

Gary Pinkard Wen i re-new my season ticket i want to sit somewhere where i cant see that fuckin fool stood there with hands in pockets. U know who i mean.
about an hour ago · Like

Sam Codd I dont normally have a go at jones but he's blown a massive chance there once again.
54 minutes ago · Like

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:22 am

Bloody Hell! Have you been to a game this season!?!?!? What you just typed is laughable. As said before, McPhail was outstanding yesterday (Best player on the pitch, 1st half anyway) And he's been good when he's come on this season. "Hudson Not good enough?" I said at the start this guy is to slow and not good enough, He proved me and alot of others 100% wrong, The guy has become one of the best defenders in the league over the last few months.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:26 am

We did everything but score in the first hour. We played well and they hardly got a sniff. Think it took them almost an hour to force a corner. I said to my mate that the goal would come but we couldn't afford to let Bullard get 5 yards to get a shot from distance.

I don't think DJ or anyone else could have done much more yesterday, it was just one of those typical days that bite you in the balls, and it happened to bit us hard. I felt a win yesterday would have given us a right good chance at the title, I think that's gone now which is disappointing because QPR aren't all that - if they were they would be 15 points clear. They have a bit of resolve that the rest of us don't seem to have.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 am

We did everything but score in the first hour. We played well and they hardly got a sniff. Think it took them almost an hour to force a corner. I said to my mate that the goal would come but we couldn't afford to let Bullard get 5 yards to get a shot from distance.

I don't think DJ or anyone else could have done much more yesterday, it was just one of those typical days that bite you in the balls, and it happened to bit us hard. I felt a win yesterday would have given us a right good chance at the title, I think that's gone now which is disappointing because QPR aren't all that - if they were they would be 15 points clear. They have a bit of resolve that the rest of us don't seem to have.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:03 am

A game of to halves. Paul Jewell read the riot act at half time. We reaped the consequences of that and not taking our chances in the first half. We were poor at breaking up their improved game 2nd half. There were things that we could have done differently and better, but the luck was definitely with them and not us - that and their goalkeeper.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Why are some people so quick to have a pop at Mcphail. I lost count the number of times he had the ball in midfield yesterday and was looking to make a pass, but no one made themself available for him, ffs a few times he had the ball and put his hands out in frustration as he had no one to pass the ball to.

We lacked movement and creativity in the second half, made it far too easy for Ipswich to close us down and had no desire to win the second ball. Yet again we missed Oli as without him we are too lightweight in midfield. Credit to Ipswich, after that second half performance they deserved the win

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:32 pm

I def dont blame Mcphail.