Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JONES -CLUELESS SORRY CARL YOU'RE WRONG

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:43 pm

The manager was back to his baffling formation ways tonight, all because we lost Ramsey?

Dear me one of our MAIN assets was used in an alien midfield role to 'mark' Jimmy Bullard?!! Bellamy
is here for HIS pace HIS skill. Let them worry about us! If you want a man marked use someone like
Blake or heaven forbid Rae

Chopra- Playing with an injured ankle is our 'FOX'. So why why why play him wide right/ left? You tried it against
the Jacks Jones and it backfired. He is a goalscorer end of, and needs to play on the shoulder, through the middle.

As for leaving Parkin on the bench when it was all going belly up? Well I despair!?!

Dave Jones you will sadly take us no further :evil:

Re: JONES -CLUELESS SORRY CARL YOU'RE WRONG

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Don't get too disheartened,next season when we have a new manager we'll get promoted with a team with 50% less quality than our present one. Always remember a good manager has a good team!

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Spot on mate. Why Parkin wasn't thrown on before the 86th minute is beyond me. When Quinn went off injured what does DJ do? Put on Darcy Blake, another defender! Why not put Parkin on for Quinn and go to a back 3? But no, DJ doesn't think like that, he always has to stick to a back 4. Apparantly, Billy Davies had 4 strikers on at the end of the game today to try and get his team a goal, when DJ finally puts Parkin on, he takes off Chopra, why?

Why can't DJ ever go for broke for a change, instead of keeping the same system throughout and going like for like all the time? Our last home game he changed to 4-5-1 to tighten the game up and I thought he was starting to learn. Sadly I was wrong! We were unlucky to go a goal behind, but a better manager would have got us back into the game. Unfortunately we are stuck with DJ and I don't think he's the man to take us up.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:58 pm

Blue Steel wrote:Don't get too disheartened,next season when we have a new manager we'll get promoted with a team with 50% less quality than our present one. Always remember a good manager has a good team!

sorry mate as much as i am pissed off by the defear today & dj bizzare tactical subs!! i still think we will go up!! :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:02 pm

It will be play offs at best when top 2 was there for the taking :twisted:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:21 pm

wigstar wrote:The manager was back to his baffling formation ways tonight, all because we lost Ramsey?

Dear me one of our MAIN assets was used in an alien midfield role to 'mark' Jimmy Bullard?!! Bellamy
is here for HIS pace HIS skill. Let them worry about us! If you want a man marked use someone like

Chopra- Playing with an injured ankle is our 'FOX'. So why why why play him wide right/ left? You tried it against
the Jacks Jones and it backfired. He is a goalscorer end of, and needs to play on the shoulder, through the middle.

As for leaving Parkin on the bench when it was all going belly up? Well I despair!?!

Wiggy like your radio programme, that post is spot on. 8-)

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Spot on wiggy

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:28 pm

wiggy you upset my day by mentioning the jacks this morning, thats why we lost its your fault ;) :lol:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 pm

wigstar wrote:The manager was back to his baffling formation ways tonight, all because we lost Ramsey?

cant disagree with any off that sadly. im trying really hard not to have a go at jones tonight. most people know i think hes a c*** anyway. :(

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:28 pm

Totally agree :x

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:24 am

milly44 wrote:

cant disagree with any off that sadly. im trying really hard not to have a go at jones tonight. most people know i think hes a c*** anyway. :(

For me, the biggest mistake was swapping JET and Chopra at half time... why? JET was dominating Carlos Edwards on the left and created so much. We switch him to the right and he does nothing. Completely mystifying decision.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:33 am

AGREE 1000000000000000000000000000000000000% :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:05 am

Personally, I thought it was one of the more attack-minded formations we had played for a while....

But hey, I've only been watching for 40+ years, so WTF do I know??

Please don't start just because we lost....we have a chance to amend on Tuesday

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:16 am

This crazy formation and tactics could have put us 3-4-5 up by half time?

Only thing I agree with is the subs, when Quinn went off it should have been for parkin.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:38 am

Spot on Wiggy. Bullard had the better of the first half in midfield but Ipswich overall struggled, basically they were in 2nd gear. It was only a question of time before Ipswich took the initiative here and thats exactly what happened 10 minutes into the secodn half. It was painfully obvious they were winning the game then but DJ failed to conteract this. The rest you know.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:13 pm

So imagine the manager up against the cream of the premiere league managers?

A hiding to nothing? :o

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:This crazy formation and tactics could have put us 3-4-5 up by half time?

Only thing I agree with is the subs, when Quinn went off it should have been for parkin.

And that crazy formation and tactics could have costy us goals in the second half.

Which it did.

Why?

Because Jewell changed things around, Jones failed to react.

We had a dominant half, failed to score. Ipswich then deserved the win.

Should DJ receive no criticism for failing to react to another managers changes?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 pm

JONES IS A CLUELESS KNOBHEAD END OFF :lol:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Should have brought Parkin on after 60 mins with Burkie, all our one cap wonder wants to do is roll on floor smelling the grass.As for Bellamy hes a left sided player only if you want mark someone put Blake or Rae on them.He still dont seem to have a plan B if it goes wrong.Not a happy Bluebird.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Carl has his reasons for liking dave jones, as I have for not liking him. I think its unfair to address this post to Carl, he has valid reasons for supporting DJ. Plenty of others on here support DJ for flimsy reasons, not valid ones.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:45 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Carl has his reasons for liking dave jones, as I have for not liking him. I think its unfair to address this post to Carl, he has valid reasons for supporting DJ. Plenty of others on here support DJ for flimsy reasons, not valid ones.

Thank You Adam but I suppose when you back someone as heavily as I do I have to take the criticism that follows when wqe suffer a defeat as yesterday, I am proud to say though I don't change per bad/good result and yes I still believe we will go up automatic.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Carl has his reasons for liking dave jones, as I have for not liking him. I think its unfair to address this post to Carl, he has valid reasons for supporting DJ. Plenty of others on here support DJ for flimsy reasons, not valid ones.

Thank You Adam but I suppose when you back someone as heavily as I do I have to take the criticism that follows when wqe suffer a defeat as yesterday, I am proud to say though I don't change per bad/good result and yes I still believe we will go up automatic.

spot on carl

Im also a DJ fan, and will be as long as he is in charge of Cardiff City

and as you can see by the thread i posted about backing off DJ, ive recieved alot of critism aswell

but its part and parcel of being a DJ fan to be honest

Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:57 pm

glammy74 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

spot on carl

Im also a DJ fan, and will be as long as he is in charge of Cardiff City

and as you can see by the thread i posted about backing off DJ, ive recieved alot of critism aswell

but its part and parcel of being a DJ fan to be honest

Agreed, im middle of the road TBH, IF some of djs more expirenced players can't make command decisions on how to play to certain conditions without being told how to do so, maybe they should re-evaluate their wages???

Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:59 pm

We batterd ipswich yesterday. But i was sat there watching the game thinking back to the old days of Ninian. You are playing awesome, but if you dont convert the chances you aint going to win. It was just one of them nights. You could see it a mile off by half time.!!!!!

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:42 pm

nerd wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:This crazy formation and tactics could have put us 3-4-5 up by half time?

And that crazy formation and tactics could have costy us goals in the second half.

Which it did.

Why?

Because Jewell changed things around, Jones failed to react.

We had a dominant half, failed to score. Ipswich then deserved the win.

Should DJ receive no criticism for failing to react to another managers changes?

I disagree, it was a Hudson error and a deflection and they created little else second half.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:43 am

2blue2handle wrote:I disagree, it was a Hudson error and a deflection and they created little else second half.

Luke,

Ipswich dominated the second half once they stepped up gear. Their goals where just reward as they toally killed our attack force by taking control of the midfield through Bullard. Dont blame a Hudson error but give credit to a quality strike for the goal, an average Championship striker woukld not have put that ball in the net.

That second half after JETs effort we never looked like scoring while the visitors looks dangerous on the break. That was all down to the tactical change that DJ failed to counteract.