Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO ANNIS-this is the video of brioni

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:44 pm

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/?id=1223523971
my 14yr old daughter brioni at a recent gig, she has an agent who wants to sign her but i'm unsure whether or not to allow it. i want her to concentrate on her gcse's first.

Re: FAO ANNIS-this is the video of brioni

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:47 pm

jamccfc wrote:http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/?id=1223523971
my 14yr old daughter brioni at a recent gig, she has an agent who wants to sign her but i'm unsure whether or not to allow it. i want her to concentrate on her gcse's first.

Jam, I really enjoyed that and Brioni should def not give up singing, there is def potential there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Amazing mate, honestly Jamie what a voice. Well done Brioni. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:05 pm

thanks for the comments, i am 50/50 as to whether or not i should let her pursue the music while she is still in school.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Jamie, What I just heard was brilliant mate, that's all I can say (and I mean that) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Great stuff mate. :ayatollah: Keep her at it, she is good enough.

Here are two of my daughters singing/playing guitar. (a bit older than yours Jam) Cherish the times mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bq8DKCEQGY

My youngest in this film is only 15 at the time. (3 years ago)

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:21 pm

Difficult one Jam at 14 she is going to want to have the contract. Perhaps a bit of an agreement that she puts her GCSE s first and her singing only comes second place. IE she has to keep her school work up to date before she does her singing.
Can't help feeling that she might resent her GCSE s if you stop her. Hard one mate good luck to you and your Daughter in what you decide :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:34 pm

jamccfc wrote:thanks for the comments, i am 50/50 as to whether or not i should let her pursue the music while she is still in school.

Easy for me to say but she should be able to do both at the same time.

This day and age the younger you are with a special talent the better the chance of making it. GCSEs you can get then anytime.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
jamccfc wrote:thanks for the comments, i am 50/50 as to whether or not i should let her pursue the music while she is still in school.

Easy for me to say but she should be able to do both at the same time.

This day and age the younger you are with a special talent the better the chance of making it. GCSEs you can get then anytime.

Agreed mate. No reason that both cannot be done. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Fair play mate she is good.
As a youngster I would say let her get signed but say you will stop it all if she doesnt concentrate on her exams ;)

Off topic but exams are a load of shit, just abit of paper that you could lie about :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Fair play mate she is good.
As a youngster I would say let her get signed but say you will stop it all if she doesnt concentrate on her exams ;)

Off topic but exams are a load of shit, just abit of paper that you could lie about :lol:

Yeah but she aint from Merthyr Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

:lol: I'll have you know I got good grades ;)

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Now that did make me laugh out loud! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:53 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:Great stuff mate. :ayatollah: Keep her at it, she is good enough.

Here are two of my daughters singing/playing guitar. (a bit older than yours Jam) Cherish the times mate.

cracking mate, perhaps we should get them all together in one group and we can be their managers (loadsa wonga :lol: )

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:38 pm

nukes, for a loon you do talk some sense sometimes. :ayatollah:

i will let brioni decide if she can cope with her schoolwork and singing.
if she can then great but if she struggles and her grades slip then i will pull the plug on the music.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:45 pm

jamccfc wrote:nukes, for a loon you do talk some sense sometimes. :ayatollah:

i will let brioni decide if she can cope with her schoolwork and singing.
if she can then great but if she struggles and her grades slip then i will pull the plug on the music.

Thanks!! I think :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:54 pm

That is a seriously good voice. I've known people when I was her age that have got successful with half the voice she has.

One thing I will say Jam, though I probably don't have to, is make sure the terms between your daughter and the agent are transparent and are what you'd deem fair (if she decides to sign)

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:49 am

Seriously Chief i think you have made the right decision. Look at it this way had your Daughter struggled at School then had this opportunity come along you would have jumped at it without even thinking about it. Give her a chance at a career but because she is doing well she would of ended up being punished for it, and it could of made her feel a bit resentful about it.
But you sound really grounded and want whats best for her and for that she is one lucky Girl Chief.
All the best and hope she does well with both .

Signed the Loon :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
jamccfc wrote:http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/?id=1223523971

Jam, I really enjoyed that and Brioni should def not give up singing, there is def potential there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Jam, she is good fair play, let her have a crack at both and see how it goes. Annis, you sound like Simon Cowell :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:36 am

Uncle Fester wrote:Great stuff mate. :ayatollah: Keep her at it, she is good enough.

love it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: