Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Is Koumas our Worst Signing Ever?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Considering what we're paying for him, coupled with the fact he's only started 5 games, I pose the question:

Is he the worst signing in cardiff's history?

In my mind he's up there with Gavin Gordon, Steve Lynex and That german dude. But we're paying Koumas a lot more than those bros.

I take it you were not around during the Durban era?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Taiwo,
Nsungu,
That Toni K guy up front from Finland or what have you?
Warner
That dark one from Holland too that was useless/rough but cant remember his name!
Glombardi? or something?

List is endless!...

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:53 pm

Some great debate in this thread.

To clarify, the point I was trying to make with the thread was to discuss what we have got from the player compared to what we are paying out.

Yes, we had some old crap when we were in the third, but they cost peanuts.

And great point by whoever said "most dissapointing" for Koumas is a better description than "Worst". :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:59 pm

I think you meant. Is Koumas our Worst High Wage Signing Ever? :D

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:17 pm

winston faerber, gorge schwinkendorf legends :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Our worst signing ever ? That's a bit harsh, Why do we slaughter all our players so often ? He's not in the same league as many of the "players" we had (Would anyone want Eddie Johnson back? We cheered him like he was a God)Everyone is queuing up to say how Hudson proved them wrong, let's give it until the end of the season, if he slots in a free kick that takes us to the promised land, we'll have a campaign to have him knighted.
He could have stayed at Wigan and earned his money on the bench and let's not forget what Cardiff did to him when he went on strike at WBA. He obviously thought we were going to bring him here.(We left him there in case some people weren't supporting us then).

I just hope that none of our players read this board, as if it were me, I would be totally demoralised and signing pre contracts with whoever.

PS- I too am disappointed with him so far, but we are a point off second and would rather we had him than the Jacks.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Robbie Fowler simple no one was worse than him

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

comminges never had a chance, same with tawio and half the other names on here

Feeney was shocking too

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Koumas is disapointing this season but no way near the worst signing we have had :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Is Koumas our worst ever player ? Well the first time he came here he was one of the best. The second time well put it this way he has been the biggest waste of money that is for sure and a waste of a loan signing. But has he cost us games ? well no because he hasn't played many.
Now Lee Naylor he is our worst ever player in my opinion. If you add up all the games he has lost us or points dropped we would be top now and comfortably clear of QPR. He is a liability and every other team knew this. Why would they target him if he wasn't shite. They knew he was the worst left back in the Championship

Correct, and had a very generous run to establish himself in which he didnt, I believe had JK had that same sort of opportunity he'd have already repaid the City, There again Paul Jewel would have embarrassed this League with the same squad we have even without the January additions we had. My opnion :old:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Ahead of Nsungu Ndumbu, Eddie Johnson and that Dutch bloke a couple of years back? There are plenty worse than him, I think. Koumas has shown brief glimpses of what he can do, but these 3 showed nothing in my opinion

Jesus Christ yes, Iwan Redan. He was f*cking crap. Meant to be the next Patrick Kluivert if could sort his head out wasn't he? :lol:

Mark Howard the keeper from Arsenal is up there, so are Nick McCoy, Andrea Ferretti and Luigi Glombard. And yes, Sol Taiwo at £300,000 is one of the worst value for money buys we've ever made.

Let's not forget the awful Steve MacLean, now at Oxford. As bad as Feeney but because Paul Sturrock and Plymouth Argyle were willing to fork out £500k just 5 months after we'd got him on a free from Sheffield Wednesday, I think people tend to forget just how utterly shit he was. The best thing Liesdale ever did for this club :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Leyton Maxwell. Only player I've seen subbed on, only to be subbed off without an injury.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:50 pm

Pinster25 wrote:Robbie Fowler simple no one was worse than him

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

comminges never had a chance, same with tawio and half the other names on here

Feeney was shocking too

You're joking right? Miguel had as much of a chance as Feeney, and Taiwo cost us the win against Bristol City at Ashton Gate in the cup single handedly with his complete lack of pace, positional awareness and marking.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:10 pm

do not like this thread, lets have a drains up at the end of the season, let support all our current players

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:32 pm

BAN AND DELETE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!
TAKE IT HE HAS NEVER HEARD OF ROBBIE FOWLER!? (WAGES)

koumas still has a place in this team and he has started to preform in training and he could be key, if he was read comment like this im sure it will effect him!!!

ffin support the team we can still win the league, STOP JUMPING DOWN PLAYERS NECKS FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!7 :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:34 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:BAN AND DELETE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!

koumas still has a place in this team and he has started to preform in training and he could be key, if he was read comment like this im sure it will effect him!!!

ffin support the team we can still win the league, STOP JUMPING DOWN PLAYERS NECKS FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!7 :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Agree totally

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:33 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:BAN AND DELETE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!

What a load of bollocks.

"if he was read to comments like this im sure it will effect him!!!"

Are you winding us up? The feller is on 20k a week and every time he's been on the pitch he
has been shite. The very fact you said our comments may affect him PROVE he is a waste
of every f*cking penny. Its the run in on possibly the most important season in the Clubs
history. We need Men with balls not cry babies wanting a hug. f*cking shithouse, he's
finished and just here for the money

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:37 pm

i thought hudson was, untill a few months ago :ayatollah: :lol:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:06 am

Well, some agree with me, some think Toni Koskela was worse, and some want me banned for life!

Immense! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Is Koumas our worst ever player ? Well the first time he came here he was one of the best. The second time well put it this way he has been the biggest waste of money that is for sure and a waste of a loan signing. But has he cost us games ? well no because he hasn't played many.
Now Lee Naylor he is our worst ever player in my opinion. If you add up all the games he has lost us or points dropped we would be top now and comfortably clear of QPR. He is a liability and every other team knew this. Why would they target him if he wasn't shite. They knew he was the worst left back in the Championship

Correct, and had a very generous run to establish himself in which he didnt, I believe had JK had that same sort of opportunity he'd have already repaid the City, There again Paul Jewel would have embarrassed this League with the same squad we have even without the January additions we had. My opnion :old:

Resr my Case!! :old:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:43 pm

nobber wrote:Don't ask me why, but I've got this gut feeling that sometime during the run in Koumas will deliver for us. :shock: :ayatollah:

Don't you just love it when something comes right. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:47 pm

what about that german guy we had, whats his name, ?

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Scwhinkendorf or something.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:54 pm

nobber wrote:Scwhinkendorf or something.

thats the one :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:03 pm

Actually if you take into consideration ALL OF what Dammed Yank has said then yes Koumas has been our worst signing ever. £500,000 in wages for what he has so far produced is a terrible return and one brilliant free kick and another goal vs Doncaster doesn't change that.

However, there is still another 6 games to take into consideration and my opinion could change 8-)

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Koumas is a HERO :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:23 pm

all i got to say is i was right!!!!
just read up a little bit :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:33 pm

veryoldbluebird wrote:Koumas is a HERO :ayatollah:

Is is certainly a hero today, but still the worst signing ever when wages are taken into consideration.